need advice

Criz. Valentine

Known Member
Nov 23, 2009
Selangor
when i bought my 7th gen it came with tein adjustable coilovers.
so i was considering about tein edfc.
I hope any 7th gen that used tein edfc to share their experience.
is tein edfc really useful ?

and i would like to install a front strut bar in my engine bay.
so which brand do you all think is good ?

hope to hear from fellow celica owners.
thank you

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
edfc is great if you are gonna change your damper setting often.... I never bother to change the setting once I found the 'right' set up....

dun bother with the strut bar... it's useless and blocks air passage to the header.... rear strut bar is something that you should consider instead....

Criz. Valentine

Known Member
Nov 23, 2009
Selangor
so edfc actually not that useful ?

i was told the front strut bar useful to help make sure de coilovers wont hit the bonnet.
so what does the rear bar do ?
which brand is better ? is ultra racing good ?

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
i was told the front strut bar useful to help make sure de coilovers wont hit the bonnet.
*shake head* I'm speechless....

a good rear strut brace is the TRD 3 point brace or the stock supertrut one. but..... b4 you buy any of this, what's the reason you are considering to add this bars?

edfc is useful if you like to change your setting often... the rear dampers are not easily accessible.....

air flow to the header is to cool down the area around there as it's very close to the fire wall... heat may be transmitted into the cockpit if it gets too hot....

Criz. Valentine

Known Member
Nov 23, 2009
Selangor
*shake head* I'm speechless....
haha.... that's what i was told by kakimotors staff and i also saw this on ultra racing website.

what's the reason you are considering to add this bars?
i heard of the anti roll function and saw on the website of some car with strut bar survive car crash and thought it would be safer.

and how much would a edfc unit cost ?

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks barb, i think i notice the heat is quite noticeable after i put the front strut bar, becos the heat from engine created steam on my wind screen, especially during rainy days

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
celica is ff.... the normal strut celicas will understeer when you push it at corners..... adding a front strut bar will make the understeer worst.... that's why, I suggest if you really itchy backside and must put a bar onto your car, get the rear strut bar.... it will stiffen up the rear and give better traction to the front.... =>less understeer......

anti roll bar will be a better option though..... TRD anti roll bar does wonders..... :)

If your celica is a superstrut edition, then different story...... more to oversteer.....

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
so... keep it as it is...... :)

a set of front and rear TRD anti roll bar is probably all you need actually.... dun bother with the front strut bar.....

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
original already got wan... just that TRD wans are stiffer... makes the car pretty stable when cornering.... :)

Criz. Valentine

Known Member
Nov 23, 2009
Selangor
oh ok ....
actually 7th gen celica is my dream car for 5 years so i wanna learn everything about it.
what can be done with this car....
how long have you driven your celica bro barb ?

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
oh ok ....
actually 7th gen celica is my dream car for 5 years so i wanna learn everything about it.
what can be done with this car....
how long have you driven your celica bro barb ?
thats the true celican spirit!:biggrin:

Criz. Valentine

Known Member
Nov 23, 2009
Selangor
haha thanks bro zeus ... if i were older would have bought st205 gt4 ...
my friends say its ugly because we are young but i dun agree with him ....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The country's most famous tuners were all present in the main stand area displaying the latest tuning parts and merchandise.

Nismo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience