Need advice - fail puspakom inspection

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
rizzo8 said:
minivan, so how did you end up getting overall pass eh? i'm trying to avoid using runners if possible.

I checked with my fren, side slip is related to alignment, especially the toe setting. If toe is ok, then the side slip should be minimum. so meaning when braking the car shouldn't lari that much.
btw, i didn't even get my alignment done for this inspection, so no wonder fail lah.

but wouldn't the jpj officers find another reason to fail you again?

rizzo8

Oct 21, 2005
stimGILER said:
rizzo

which puspakom centre did yu sent yur car ..??
Wangsa Maju. I read from the forum this is the easiest place to pass. hehe...apparently not!!

The funny thing was I was hoping since today almost close to raya, the puspakom people would be more relaxed, and can kau tim one. dead wrong brotha!!! :thumpdown

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
there are several test that JPJ perform on the car upon inspection. If you fail one or two (brakes for example) you still can get an overall PASS. Janji u don't get that big GAGAL stamp...:biggrin:

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
zero4 said:
but wouldn't the jpj officers find another reason to fail you again?

just to point out somthing, the people that fails u are PUSPAKOM, not JPJ. PUSPAKOM will then issue u a B2 form to be given to JPJ for endorsement on the geran. (if u manage to pass la that is..heheh)

Bro,
try after raya laa..but dun think the results would differ much.

p/s--still hurting cause my tinted kena koyak...derm

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
skid....

don't be so sad......sakit hati little little only laaa....

my ride went to puspakom three times then only pass....heh the third time runner bring inside.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Is the Puspakom people really well trained meh? If any of u guys go there, try chat with them about car modding, especially for brakes and tyres.. talk about disc brake types, pot holes, skimmed, green stuff etc. if they can catch up with you.. i think they did the test well. but if they seems lost....wonder how they did the test....i think even with stock cars can slip to side a bit....

carnage

Known Member
May 11, 2005
bdr baru sentul
bro y dun u try the puspakom in cheras? i know a tukang
convert engine who always go there 2 inspect coz he
sez its easier 2 pass... gd luck

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
harpoon said:
skid....

don't be so sad......sakit hati little little only laaa....

my ride went to puspakom three times then only pass....heh the third time runner bring inside.

Harpoon,

Always sad to see bits and pieces of the tinted at the window.. By the way, Selamat Hari Raya to you too bro!

BooN

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
PeraK
www.
wat test u did in puspakom?? if change engine brake fail doesn't mean u canot change engine. Bout the tinted sure need to take off liau LoL. Jes my 2 cent. Cheers

rizzo8

Oct 21, 2005
BooN said:
wat test u did in puspakom?? if change engine brake fail doesn't mean u canot change engine. Bout the tinted sure need to take off liau LoL. Jes my 2 cent. Cheers
OK, let me see if I understand this..you do not need to pass the brake test at puspakom but can still register the new engine at jpj?

i'm not sure what test was required if you change the engine. I went to puspakom, let them look at the engine bay, chassis no., engine number and all. And finally they drove the car thru the test lane, and when I get the report it mentioned brakes no good, side slip no good, tinted no good, undercarriage lulus. my understanding is I'd need to get my car reinspected again before going to jpj. correct no?

BooN

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
PeraK
www.
i have a friend tat also fail brake but everything is ok then the b2 report pass also leh. my friend change to mivec engine. u fail tinted lo bro.... bout the side slip also nevermind wan leh.... u paying rm40 for full inspect mah not like finance. tinted window , bodykit and plate number will make u fail. only the lorry inspection require brake, smoke,allignment and other to pass. hope tis can help u n correct me if me wrong. Cheers....

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
puspakom will 90% let ur inspection failed bcoz of the brake...
just try to ask any runner to do it for u n u will see how it works.. haha...
if u want to do it urself... try puspakom taman connaught... they quite 'sincere' doing their job...

last time my car with tinted oso pass... all done by the runner... hehe

lanusin

Jul 24, 2005
PENANG
same with me

on the report, it says i fail the following:
1. efficiency of service brake axle 2 LH - poor
2. efficiency of service brake axle 2 RH - poor
3. braking efficiency, service brake axle 2 - poor
4. side slip - poor

i'm also facing those failed b4. 1st u need a good balancing and alignment plus good suspension. tyre bunga kena ada gak.. for rear disc brake u need to do few time bleeding. buang angin dalam brake pump.. for my problem is i'm using the spoil suspension. when the puspakom roller my tyre move up.. so brake not fully work loo.. puspakom not measure your tyre brake but the roller which drive tyre..

skidall

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Ampang and UK
BooN said:

Bro,

My first inspection was in Wangsa Maju. Change engine so we need the B2 thinggy. But still need to pass the brake test. No pass, no B2. No B2, cannot go to JPJ for endorsement in the geran. Thats what i experienced few weeks back. The tinted one, sajer mau tiao me...heheh. But Rizzo, maybe u can check with Boon about this because i certainly failed on my first try, burn 40 bucks...heheh.

And yes...my 2nd trip was in Tmn Connaught...PASS flying colours...heheh

I believe if u want to just do inspection(usually when buying 2nd hand cars) but still fail for the brakes, no problem there.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I have a bit of a problem. I plan to get a bike and start riding. I'm interested in getting the KTM Duke 250. However, all the bike shops that I went refuse to let me to test ride. It's just a shame if I buy a bike and sell it one month later because the riding position is not suitable for me or the vibration proves to much for me to bear. One shop even said that buying a bike is not the same as buying a car. You can test drive a car but cannot test ride a bike. Is this true?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience