National Automotive Policy 2009 Review Results

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Don't know why...I feel this NAP will give more opportunity to corruption. example, someone want to import used parts MITI and kastam will say: if you want, you know what to do...under the table...

Puspakom, this cannot pass..but if u want you pay me more I pass for you...etc...this NAP create a lot of loop holes in our Malaysia corruption culture...

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
Don't know why...I feel this NAP will give more opportunity to corruption. example, someone want to import used parts MITI and kastam will say: if you want, you know what to do...under the table...

Puspakom, this cannot pass..but if u want you pay me more I pass for you...etc...this NAP create a lot of loop holes in our Malaysia corruption culture...
exactly my sentiments..... :rolleyes:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
sorry if i'm a little out of the loop but what is happening on the 29th?

anway, them canceling the idea of 15year n older cars is only part of the complaint we all have. actualy having them inspected isnt such a bad idea. if done properly, we'll know what are the problems with out old cars and get them fixed which will make them last longer and be safer for us and other ppl...but with our current puspakom situation...its more likely passed cars will fail

so many stories of cars with no tint failing???...1 guy even had the problem with passing the brake test. the reason for failing was the brakes werent biting enough or the brake pedal was too high. this guy told me he had to adjust the brake pedal so that even before he pressed the brakes, the brake pad was already biting the rotor to get it to pass...stupid or what?..i'm sure a lot of ppl out there have their own stories of our "very professional puspakom" and the quality of their inspection.

i dont mind sending my car every 3-5 years for an inspection to weed out all those safety dangers but not when our inspectors dont know how to really inspect a vehicle for safety issues.

another thing about this cancelling the plan for mandatory inspection of older than 15year old cars...it doesnt matter anymore cos without readily available spare parts, all cars will fail sooner or later since owners will start finding it tougher n tougher to maintain their rides. using only new spare parts is a GREAT idea...in a country called UTOPIA! we live in the real world where not everything is black and white. for example, i went it for servicing the other day and found out my rear lower arm's bush was worn out. i asked if they were still able to find a new set and all i got was a laugh. the foreman said i must be crazy...its like finding a gold nugget in the middle of the street. even if can find sure worth 4 tyres(was his exact quote). then i tried asking if got immitiation new replacement....again he laughed and said no la...this sort of old cars only have 1 option...which is the chop shop which brings us back to the topic of using only new spareparts! yes sometimes we can just rebuild the failing part but guess what...even a rebuild requires spare parts! i tried rebuilding my carburator once...and the cost came to RM1500 for a single carb rebuild kit...and my car was a TWIN CARB!!! i said no thank you..and i went off searching for a front compete halfcut which costs RM4500(which was an engine that had 40k on the clock and losts of newer replacement parts that i could use)

a message to those elected officials we call our government...we know you are looking for ways to improve the malaysian economy but ever heard of check and balance? if you plan to take something away from us the common joes, replace it with something else. u want us to get rid of our old junkers, give us either good public transportation or same quality cars as our old junkers...not new junkers.

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Ya the best part is our higher ups expect the common joes to PAY for their own new junkers. Regardless whether we are already poor and strangling along life....now they want to give us another obstacle to cross and strangle us for money before we end up 6 feet under.

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
Guys, if some of you are planning to come for the Bukit Jalil S.O.S Awareness campaign.. Please don't come.. alright...

Big plan got stucked, and i need to Divert the plan now... I will make a letter out later and i will sent it out or let you all downloads it, and i will come and collect from you guys... :)

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Guys, if some of you are planning to come for the Bukit Jalil S.O.S Awareness campaign.. Please don't come.. alright...

Big plan got stucked, and i need to Divert the plan now... I will make a letter out later and i will sent it out or let you all downloads it, and i will come and collect from you guys... :)
Bro...whats this S.O.S thing?

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
hahaha... it is a campaign run by me... to ask for our government helps, to gives us all who rely on 2nd hand spare parts here a chance to live a better life next year...

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Petitions list form is ready, please download from here. And seriously, I hate writing those thing with such politely wussy ways... It tooks me quite sometime to write in a proper manners.

And guys, you can ask me via 012-2088701 to come collect it (I prefer to collect thru your group leader in one big groups or group up batch) or if you are individual owner here... you can post it over to this address.. Sorry guys... ^-^ I know....

Ministry of International Trade and Industry
Block 10, Government Offices Complex, Jalan Duta,
50622 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Large print format url is here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9divfO4xoP8/Svvdt26dFkI/AAAAAAAAABI/0z6z7BLdLCc/s1600-h/Letter+to+Miti.jpg

I know the chances are low.. but i believes, everyone know. If you never try, you never know. By this thing, there are a slight chances of 50% they might hear from us...

Last edited:

moonrex

Jul 7, 2004
ppl! unite and fight!

The Star Online > Nation
Published: Sunday November 15, 2009 MYT 2:00:00 PM
Updated: Sunday November 15, 2009 MYT 2:02:18 PM

Job losses from New Automotive Policy compensated in long term: Mustapa

By NELSON BENJAMIN

SINGAPORE: International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Mustapa Mohamad feels that jobs lost in the short term due to the implementation of the New Automotive Policy (NAP) will be compensated in the medium and long term.

He said that policy was being implemented to ensure the safety of lives and also to develop the country’s own automotive component industry.

“We are aware of the business interest but all this was explained when we discussed the matter with industry members.

“Anyway this policy does not take effect immediately and there is still room for people to improve,” he said, adding that to develop the automotive component industry, the country needed more companies to set up base in Malaysia and export.

Mustapa added that while Malaysia was already exporting components to other countries, there was plenty of room for further improvement.

“Once the local component industry develops, all the short term job losses will be compensated in the long run.

“Yes, there will be glitches here and there but with some adjustments, this will benefit the country,” he said, adding that he did not believe that 100,000 jobs would be lost when the NAP ruling comes into effect in 2011 when there would be a ban on the import of used car spare parts.

“Asked whether the government might reconsider the decision, he said that the policy was in place but it would be done gradually.

Mustapa was speaking to The Star in the sidelines of the Apec Summit in Singapore.

On Saturday, during a protest, Johor Used Car Spare-Part Dealers Association committee Ng Keng Heng said the ban would cause major problems not only for many dealers but also for owners of old cars. He claimed that there were more than 5,000 used car spare-part dealers around the country and the ban would probably kill the industry completely, with about 100,000 jobs lost.

Ng added that the Government should have done proper studies before deciding to implement the ruling.

Malaysian Industrial Development Authority director-general Datuk Jalilah Baba said that at this point it was still too premature to talk about job losses as the main reason for the NAP was to improve services.

“We want industry players to upgrade their facilities and standards as well,” she said.

Job losses from New Automotive Policy compensated in long term: Mustapa

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
aiyo...latest updates means they have no plans to revamp the chop parts issue, gosh meaning all 2nd hand cars would be in trouble....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How envious are you at these 4 lucky Malaysians who won an all expense paid trip by Shell Helix to Abu Dhabi for their Fastest 48 hrs of their lives?? They'd be among the 200 guests from over 20 countries who will be visiting the one and only, famous Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, an intense ride in the world's fastest roller coaster in the form of a Ferrari, dubbed the Formull...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience