National Automotive Policy 2009 Review Results

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
haha....tat's a very obvious main objective behind the plan.

i wonder if they ever thought of the consequences. 2011 is a very short time for ppl to adjust things. Some can't even afford the installments of a new local car.

Used car dealer, Chop Shops and some other indirect businesses have to "jam brake" to their business.

Let's see how many more bad news Mr Gov will announce to us in future. They only announce news which let us have headaches and fear all this while.
heh, was there ever any news that don't make us laugh by this govt. they think we are stupid and got no brain like them.

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
well guys, im with u all in dis moron G case...kinda shocked when read the news in the morning.. berak also tak senang... :banghead:

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I wonder how this will affect cars that are unregistered...

At any rate, my dc2 is screwed.

I heard on the radio this morning while they were discussing the NAP the radio deejay said something to the effect of while the excise duty maybe reduced it won't go down much because the gov't enjoys too much of the profits - 60% of the tariff money!!

So as the gov't continues to make a killing with gray imports and the like till we are doomed. Now foreign car makers with any engine capacity over 1800cc minimum price is RM150k? That really is quite the joke.

Malaysia has totally busted themselves in the area of ecofriendly issues. By forcing more 15 year old cars into the non roadworthy category we accumulate more junk! By allowing 15 year old cars that are well maintained to continue being road driven with cheap part repairs we reduce our ecological foot print!

What Malaysia should be doing is allowing the use of e85 fuel, while being rare is a better and safer for the environment, and most importantly almost ALL piston engined cars can use with a conversion.

Either way their criteria for judging road-worthiness has yet to be produced. Here's to hoping for the best.

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
Guyz,

this NAP news is really bad for all car owners, irregardless if you are a motorsports doer; imagine that when your aircon compressor konks out (which happens to all cars eventually) going to the workshop, at least prior to this, we have the choice of ...brand new la, recon la, chop used la, but now, no more.........only 1 brand new, can u imagine how much a brand new aircon compressor would be ? And mind you owners who owned autocars, u cant source for 2nd hand gearbox when it konks out, either u leave your car in the workshop n fix your gearbox internal parts, or buy a brand new 1, either way is more expensive than a 2nd hand used gearbox......

all in all, its going to be really EXPENSIVE to own a car, its no longer jz the instalment, but seriously on the MAINTENANCE side.

Crime rate for sure is going to hit all time high, all the steady reliable cars such as nissan toyota honda could be aimed, and from now till 2011, take care of your rides man, i have a feeling visiting a workshop is going to be really painful.......sigh

ace17

Known Member
Sep 12, 2008
This the most disappointing news by the government.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:All car enthusiast keep our cars like a family member not just a machine.
This coming election we will give them our own policy.:thefinger:

jedi

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
"Prohibition of the import of used cars from 2015, and used automotive parts and components from June 2011"
means start from June 2015 we cannot buy anymore recon cars too ???

khsim

Known Member
Apr 16, 2009
Aiya....sudah biasa lah...MALAYSIA BOLEH marrr.....:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
sad to know this news
true like what some of u here said,

1, the G think we r high income citizens that we can afford new parts
2, new parts so what? some o not durable like recond parts
3, it would b a waste n not environment friendly for not using recond parts which some r stil in very good condition
4, merc ecu fried? they expect us to use haltech standalone ecu maybe?
5, they want us to buy new parts, so they can collect more income tax
6, r these policies really practical? does new parts better than recond part in terms of quality?
7, how many ppl can afford to buy new engines when engine break down? o even some repair cost is over a halfcut
8, true i can see halfcut shop may raise their price as a FINAL sales

DO NAP benefit us??? majority NO

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
The results of the NAP review were revealed this morning. The following are the updates I’ve been getting so far, this post will be updated as I get more information.

• A total of 18 new policies and measures covering licencing, duties, incentives, technology and environment, safety and standards and APs to be effective January 1st 2010.
  • Open AP system to be scrapped by December 31 2015.

Whoever said AP's were free???Ap's currently cost between Rm35-40k.They were issued 'free' to benefit certain 'people'.
  • AP holders will be audited twice a year.
  • A gazetted Customs pricelist for used CBU cars to be established to supplement the current list of new CBU cars. This will be used to prevent underdeclaration of grey import vehicles by declaring then as “used” instead of new in order to manipulate the price, as the gazetted pricelist is currently only for new vehicles.

Damn!Compare what we pay on the road to what the 'landed' price.What I been told by Recon car dealersdunno if this is true) is that Japan dont ship new unregistered cars.:banghead:
  • A large chunk of the RM300 million expected to be collected from the RM10,000 per Open AP fee to be used to develop the auto industry and increase Bumiputra entrepreneurship participation in the auto industry.
  • Import duty on CBU & CKD cars maintained.
  • Import of used parts to stop in June 2011 (what???).:thefinger::thefinger:

Go bloody regulate the insurance companies,do they pay you for new parts?
  • Incentives and exemptions will be increased to develop local auto parts.
  • Franchise APs to be terminated by December 31 2020.
  • Foreign firms can apply for manufacturing licenses to hold 100% shares in firms to produce vehicles with engine capacity of larger than 1,800cc and costing more than RM150,000. This will open up the upper end of the market while keeping the lower end where Proton and Perodua are protected.

GM,Ford and Chrysler all going or gone;fighting for their own survival;still want to set up manufacturing plant now????TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.Without recon parts;methinks even Proton cars will be less in demand.Current demand because of 'wiralution' and wajalution'

• Issuance of new Manufacturing License to be unfrozen for selected segments – hybrid and electric vehicles, pick-up trucks, commercial vehicles and motorcycles with engine capacity of 200cc and above.
  • Vehicles 15 years and older will have to be tested for roadworthiness; provisions to be made for vintage cars.

How they gonna implement this??All the datuks and VIPS can get their Rolls Royce;Ferrari's and porsche's classified as vintage else trade in for Savvy or Myvi.

• A new strategic partnership between Proton and an established manufacturer will be established.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Chop Shop parts gonna FLY another higher round squeezing the final few rounds of months left over for us to do our purchase i guess. ^-^

After that, we have to force to beli barang baru... :D Fuiyo!~~ I guess Wing Hing gonna make a huge profit for sure...

and AP gets declared another 5 more years... What a cool move...

:) I guess we haven't teach this little Atas-Atasan a lesson good enough... maybe next year onwards, we be seing lots of old monster car start to come out and runs like mad track car due to no more license, renewal & spare parts for them. :)
--------------------
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 28 (Bernama) -- Foreign firms will be given manufacturing licenses to hold 100 per cent equity in firms which produce luxury vehicles with an engine capacity of more than 1,800 cc and costing more than RM150,000 while the controversial Approved Permits (AP) system will be scrapped in 2015 under the review of the National Automotive Policy announced Wednesday.

Incentives and exemptions will be increased to develop local auto parts so that there would no longer be parts imports by 18 months' time, a move which help do away with imported and used spare parts outfits.

If its economically viable to do so;current local autoparts makers would have done it.Yet Proton squeezes their suppliers so much that if a proton is exported the supplier is technically subsidising part of it.All talk! can you imagine say HKS or TOM's OR AMG really want to set up shop here.Especially in this current economic climate.Also drop any duties whatsoever on new parts.

He said that the review was undertaken after extensive discussions with industry players including manufacturers, assemblers, auto parts makers, non-governmental organisation as well as car associations.

Which car association????

Mustapa said that there were 18 new policies and measures covering licencing, duties, incentives, technology and environment, safety and standards and APs introduced under the NAP review.

New policies and measures would be effective from Jan 1, 2010.

Under the new measures new strategic partnership between Proton and a global established Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) will be established.

Currently, Proton is in talks to establish strategic partnership with international partners.

"Up to now, Proton has yet to find a strategic partner," he said.

Elaborating on APs, he said the AP system for imports of CBU vehicles will be terminated whereby open APs for used vehicles will be terminated by December 31, 2015, which means importation of used vehicles using the AP permit would no longer be allowed after 2015.

N**a rich already and now diversifying.

"No new applications for open APs will be considered and franchise APs will be terminated by Dec 31, 2020," he said.

Mustapa said as part of ongoing efforts to help Bumiputera entrepreneurs in the automotive industry, a Fund for Bumiputera Development will also be established.

Besides this, he said that a charge of RM10,000 for each open AP will be introduced as announced in the 2010 budget last week whereby under current status, APs are issued for free.

A fund will be established to assist Bumiputera companies venturing into the automotive and other related businesses, he said.

The government would also introduce a mechanism to prohibit the import of used parts and components effective June 2011, said Mustapa. :banghead::banghead::banghead::stupid::stupid:

Currently, imports of new and used parts and components were allowed without any restrictions and might in some cases affect safety and environment, he said.

A new measure under the review of the NAP is the establishment of a gazzetted price for imported used CBU motor vehicles by the Royal Customs, a move designed to stop the under-declaration of imported used-cars and abuse of the AP system.

Currently only prices for new imported CBU motor vehicles are gazetted for the purpose of duty compilation, he said.

Mustapa also said that the review would maintain the freeze on manufacturing licences (ML) for rebuilt activities.

"At the moment, new ML for rebuilt activities is frozen," he said.

When other countries retaliate;can we really export?

-- BERNAMA

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Here is the link to MITI; perhaps all forumers should write in to them(maybe refrain from the 4 letter words) and tell them what you all think(jam their site!!!)

Email:[email protected]

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Here is the link to MITI; perhaps all forumers should write in to them(maybe refrain from the 4 letter words) and tell them what you all think(jam their site!!!)

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

cataphrax

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
wait, which part in the 1st post says that (puspakom check before roadtax)?
i thot it affects imported cars oni mehh?

same as like MOT, i guess.
i think hes just making an assumption based on this statement:
Vehicles 15 years and older will have to be tested annually for roadworthiness; provisions to be made for vintage cars.
so since they're gonna check annually anyways the best time would probably be each time the roadtax expires. thus you won't be eligible for new roadtax if you don't pass the inspection.

lets not even go into JPJs draconian inspection standards, rules and regulations. rules on modifications are vague and broad as best. just see how all the other countries handle this issue. UK is very lenient. as long as engine conversions are properly done and everything correlated are upgraded as well, anything goes. ive seen an article before about this guy who plonked in a rolls royce plane engine into his car and managed to register it and make it road legal. in new zealand cars are giving special VIN plates with all the modifications stamped onto it once all modifications are passed by the MOT so that they won't have problems in the future with other authorities. look at malaysia, each time block, suka hati just say 'ekzos lu bising la.. kasi tekan sikit' and just gauge by ear if bising or not. not like they walk around with a handheld decibel meter no justify it.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
!@#$%^&%*^.....
F**k the NAP, there will be over hundred thousand jobs lost and few thousand used spare part shops shut down in June 2011.

It's time to "Potong" the G

MaQuereau

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
D'sara
--------------------

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Also give piece of your mind or whole lot of it to Najib's blog.. http://www.1malaysia.com.my/ .. write to all G's website..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Like all of you said, this NAP is in favor of 1 company only. Proton. he rest of us, they won't fu*king care. I'm really mad and pissed by this stupid NAP. How am I and the rest of the people who own old car get parts?...:banghead::banghead: want me to sell of my car and get a Proton?

We also won't be seeing Evo 7,8,9, DC5, EP3, S15 RX8...etc...anymore get imported....only new E10 and R35....sad case....there goes my dream of owning one....

These people can go fu*k themselves at a corner....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i got a Nissan Altima SSS sr20 n/a and i'm looking fwd to upgrade the ride for bluebird attesa...need some help where can i source the attesa sr20det along with the awd..for the exterior, i need the front bumper with fog light if available and the ori sunroof. also if anyone could help me to source 17" nismo roller.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience