Naftalena 'ubat gegat' can save yr fuel?

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
I used to have these mixture of nafta (moth ball ) + V-Power in my drag V-Tec car... Based from my experience, it does have a lil' extra kick...The only problem is the carbon residue... Since the car is only used for drag, we have ample time for R & D... But bear in mind, once U've the mixture in your tank U'll need to do setting on your ECU.... Did face some problem previously, do the setting with the V-Power without the moth ball... But when put in the mothball, can't get the same power with the setting...

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
ok la ... let me explain abit about my story la ... a few months back i went with my friend who wanted to join MUSC drag battle for Gen2 standard mody categori ... after filling up vpower ... i muttered to him to put in some ubat gegat in his tank ... without thinking twice he bought and put in a few ... we both felt the difference straight away ...

1. he still using until now ... he keep a plastic bag of ubat gegat in his car ... maybe S4ph members know him LOL ...

2. after a few weeks using it ... his engine alot smoother ...

3. water comes out of his exhaust everytime he start engine in the morning ...

4. he last time baack and forth from KL - JB ... good knows how many ubat gegat he isi but he damn happy and say saving ...

This happen in front of my eyes so my verdict would be that is does save fc .... :)

p.s. - last time the ratio was 1 ubat gegat for RM10 ron95 fuel ... now i think my friend put more ... :)

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
so small ratio ? last time i pumped 30bucks and put whole packet of ubat gegat into my tank......its was great, the respond is sooooo good and the petrol is too reactive, the average i get is about 40sen/km......conclusion is it works

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
it will only reduces your fuel ron rating..plus nowdays mothball isn't exactly made from naphtalene..

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
hmmm, im gonna be going to australia for road trip and will be renting a car. i was thinking of bringing some moth balls there since fuel price there is gonna be quite pricey. masuk a few into the rented car, u think will get better FC? hehehe summore since not my car :P

s1l3n7x

May 7, 2009
cool...so no need 97 la now..
fill up 95 petrol and add on few "power tablet" and start kicking the car..
nice..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yes..quite similiar to octane booster..(depends on the car mapping/ecu setting) and also don't forget to find mothball that has the most naftalena ingredient....

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
Better fuel consumption is more effective compare to better power n pickup, can save fuel and save environment too...:driver:

Ratbit

Known Member
Feb 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Effects of Adding Moth Balls to Fuel
By Russell Huebsch, eHow Contributing Writer :deal:

A common pearl of wisdom that travels around Internet discussions and motor enthusiasts is that adding mothballs can increase horsepower, octane ratings and even fuel efficiency. While studies suggest that certain types of mothballs can boost octane levels, chances are high that mothballs will do more damage to a car than any supposed benefits.:bawling:

History:ridinghorse:
# The likely origins of the belief that mothballs can increase horsepower and other benefits arise out of World War II, claims Mobil Oil. Naphthalene mothballs, the type of mothball that supposedly boosts octane ratings, were more prevalent and had a higher octane rating than gasoline refined during WWII. While mothballs decades ago could boost octane, today's gasoline have much higher octane ratings than yesterday's fuel.

Octane:pepsi:
# Scientists at Argonne National Laboratory reaffirm the fact that some types of moth balls can boost the octane rating of a fuel. However, gasoline needs a very specific amount of mothballs for the fuel to see any kind of benefit. Too many mothballs and the gasoline will produce an excessive amount of carbon. Carbon can build up in an engine and decrease performance. An approximate number of optimal mothballs is somewhere around five to eight.

Corrosion:alberteinstein:
# Certain types of mothballs will boost octane performance simply because they burn. Using any type of mothball other than naphthalene, such as paradichlorobenzene, actually does quite a bit of damage to an motor. Paradichlorobenzene breaks down into chloride which, according to Argonne National Laboratory, corrodes the inside of an engine. Naphthalene mothballs have also become much less prevalent in the last few decades, which can lead to a greater risk of accidentally using the wrong mothball.

Considerations:marchmellow:
# A boost in octane performance may not even be that beneficial to your car, claims Argonne National Laboratory. Most cars on the road do not receive a boost in performance from a higher octane rating, unless that car uses a high compression motor. Automobiles generally only need a octane rating of that required by the manufacturer, and anything more does not improve power ratings.

Warning:vollkommenauf:
# The Texas Attorney General reports that many people are selling the main ingredient in mothballs, naphthalene, as part of a fuel efficiency scam product called "BioPerformance." The AG had two studies on the pill done at the University of Texas and Florida University. Both studies found that BioPerformance was composed mainly of the mothball chemical naphthalene and did not improve fuel efficiency; in fact, it even decreased engine performance.

Read more: Effects of Adding Moth Balls to Fuel | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5556801_effects-adding-moth-balls-fuel.html#ixzz0wRSk1E78

kalo..tak paham..check kamus orang puteh...lol..:vroam:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo, need help.. Planing to change my absorber to adjustable so im wondering which is good for long traveling n bumpy road, kyb rs pro or zerone ssr550?

Tq very much for ur guys reply..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience