NA turbo car with knocking sound

tailgatepro

Jan 25, 2010
Singapore
my NA engine with turbo had knocking sound if top up 97, 95, 92 when toup in both SG/Malaysia.
But the knocking is gone if 98 or V power.

Is it the tuning for ignition timing wrong cause knocking?

my boost max 0.7 bar.

When boost reach 0.3 bar, knocking sound came.
No kocking for 98 and above fuel.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
protoevo, whaddaya mean by compression timing? ive never heard of dat one before, in my experience, u cant control compression

its the tuning, check dat up.. or ull feck ur engine seriously, i dont think it stops completely wit the vpower, its just u cant hear it. d vpower is still a ron97 wit different additives pack, and when ping / preignition depends on the ron of the fuel, i dont think its stopped completely by simply changing the fuel

SimpleGuy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2006
Compression too high lead u to predetonate ur fuel cause u knocking, too davance timing also cause predetonate. Your case mostly compression too high, bcoz using v-power can save u from fuel burn too early. Change to a thicker head gasket will solve ^_^

catan

Known Member
Jul 2, 2004
Png
Visit site
You need to remap or retune your ignition map....
becoz your car was from NA to turbo and the ECU still used back? If yes u need to retune the ignition map.
Ignition map for NA and turbo engine are different.
Some thing like NA engine ignition will increase when RPM increase..
Turbo engine the Ignition will decrease when RPM increase, coz the turbine pumping too many air to the chamber and compression go high. Advance the firing will coz it get more knocking.
And the spark plug also is one of the reason. For turbo heat range is 8~9 ....
Pls Correct me if I'm wrong .....

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
mebbe its a sign that you should remove your 'bolt on turbo' and leave the poor engine alone.

your type of knocking is probably due to 'abnormal combustion' in the internal parts of the engine. Its not the type of fuel in your case but the a/f mixture.

my guess is overide the stock ecu or remap it.which ever that fits your budget...
or simply just remove the BOT..your engine will not go far with it unless you have more money to buy replacement......'whichever that suit your budgets'

btw, what car is it?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u shud give us more info on ur setting ie what management do u have, who tuned it up, what plugs grade r u using, any thicker gasket, etc.

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
bro play na!!!! ha ha ha!!!! or buy a turbo engine! bot does not last long and will give u endless problem! had my putra bot along time ago... never do it again!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Isuzu has just released a new a variant to ever popular D-MAX line-up and it’s based on the 3.0L 4x4 D-Max, which is now dubbed the HI-DEF model hosting an improved list of features and extras to provide that unique feeling of driving an uncommon pick-up...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience