• NA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TURBO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Hi-revving 570bhp big capacity V8 with 9000rpm red line with late gen dual clutch box.

That's all you need to destroy all them "claimed" 750bhp Dyno Queens (esp Malaysian Built ones)

I think the argument nowadays is no longer NA vs Turbo BUT more of Dual clutch vs Stick shift.

A 250++ bhp VW GTi is definitely going to destroy a 300bhp (Insert Honda....Toyota.....whatever) just on the virtue of its DSG box. Mind you this will be the traffic light to traffic light drags.

Anyone here thought about how important properly matched gearing is compared to power?

Just my 2 cents.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Coupled to a good launch control and it's gap would widen

Need to confirm, this thread is about car itself or its engine... if about cars then as bro elsm80 is right, need to consider gearbox also... and suspensions... and...
Hi-revving 570bhp big capacity V8 with 9000rpm red line with late gen dual clutch box.

That's all you need to destroy all them "claimed" 750bhp Dyno Queens (esp Malaysian Built ones)

I think the argument nowadays is no longer NA vs Turbo BUT more of Dual clutch vs Stick shift.

A 250++ bhp VW GTi is definitely going to destroy a 300bhp (Insert Honda....Toyota.....whatever) just on the virtue of its DSG box. Mind you this will be the traffic light to traffic light drags.

Anyone here thought about how important properly matched gearing is compared to power?

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I think it's clearly about engine. NA or turbo. Simple.

No mention of gearboxes.

Or suspension.

Or weight.

Or driver skill.

Or sansin's bodypart.

(Sorry, jk only)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can i still install a management for my 1.8 mivec since the original ecu has been rechipped??and what is the best management for mivec and where is the best place to do it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience