NA Blow Off Valve Sound

neo7

Feb 24, 2005
I try to look around first for the switch first maybe have than can buy a lot...

Is there anybody who live near jalan pasar or know any qood electronik shop ah?Help also la to look for this switch.

On how to do, let me try first then I will tell.

I have a problem la. I already got a air horn install but for this project I don't want to sacrifice that horn. I was thinking of doing another circuit for this bov. Anyone can help with wiring? Draw diagram la. Then can have horn and bov at the same time.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
horn n BOV at de same time? then ur car will be very bising everytime u change gear.. :lol: :lol:

do u mean.. when normal driving.. de air horn pump blows de whistle.. then when u press de horn button.. it blows de horn??

neo7

Feb 24, 2005
yup meaning 1 circuit for bov and 1 more for horn for daily use. Then we have both. horn and bov instead of only bov and no horn. If like that then if see leng lui can not horn la...

Can this be done? anyone?

I have one worry about the switch that I mention. How much volt does it take to power the air pump? if connect directly to battery then might produce spark ma... like when you connect jumper to the battery then touch both of the klip together. It produce spark right. Anyone can design a circuit for this?

If using ken diagram and then use this switch should be low voltage right because connect to fuse. But then how to have horn and bov because use same fuse. I'm confuse abit about this la. anyone could explain to me...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
bout de horn n bov.. if u wanto do dat.. it would be more to mechanical.. u need to route de air from de pump either to de horn or whistle.. so its not as easy as wiring..

de air horn need 12V.. it got spark cos it draws a lot of curent... u wan to be safer.. use a relay...

Vyraz

Known Member
Nov 23, 2004
penang
Visit site
Originally posted by neo7@Feb 25 2005, 00:51
I try to look around first for the switch first maybe have than can buy a lot...

Is there anybody who live near jalan pasar or know any qood electronik shop ah?Help also la to look for this switch.

On how to do, let me try first then I will tell.

I have a problem la. I already got a air horn install but for this project I don't want to sacrifice that horn. I was thinking of doing another circuit for this bov. Anyone can help with wiring? Draw diagram la. Then can have horn and bov at the same time.
hi, what ur saying is that u want the air horn to work and also let is double as a bov?
there might be a way, but there will be a problem activating it. at the pipe where the horn is, u can put a nother y connector before the y connector to the horn, then at the first y connector, place a valve at the pipe heading to the horns. valve open, horn n bov (bov sound will be covered by the sound of the horn. valve closed no horn but bov. the prob here is how u gonna turn it on n off?

Vyraz

Known Member
Nov 23, 2004
penang
Visit site
Originally posted by khguan@Feb 25 2005, 02:43
bout de horn n bov.. if u wanto do dat.. it would be more to mechanical.. u need to route de air from de pump either to de horn or whistle.. so its not as easy as wiring..

de air horn need 12V.. it got spark cos it draws a lot of curent... u wan to be safer.. use a relay...
kh,
u will DEFINATELY need a relay, or ur bound to "blow off" all ur fuses instead. hehe

sorry guys, my plans are in a snag right now, my bike's carb needed a large hose for fuel, so i kinda used the air horn's pipe for it.. hehe.. oppss...

neo7

Feb 24, 2005
my plan is tu use another circuit instead of using the existing circuit. Meaning original horn & pump for horn funtion only. Then do and add another circuit for bov. So I will have 1 seperate circuit for horn function and another seperate circuit for bov function. The problem is i don't know how to wire la... This can be done ah guys?

Vyraz

Known Member
Nov 23, 2004
penang
Visit site
Originally posted by neo7@Feb 25 2005, 13:40
my plan is tu use another circuit instead of using the existing circuit. Meaning original horn & pump for horn funtion only. Then do and add another circuit for bov. So I will have 1 seperate circuit for horn function and another seperate circuit for bov function. The problem is i don't know how to wire la... This can be done ah guys?
neo, the prob here isnt about the circutis man.. its about how u gonna switch the horn frm horn to bov?
the pipe is mechanical. not automated.. there is nothing there but a pipe.

neo7

Feb 24, 2005
Switch? Oh... i see... I must explain wrong already... what I mean is. We already have a n original horn circuit right.... now most of us already change the stock horn to air horn. Me too. What i am trying to find out is how to do another circuit. new one la. I don't know how to wire la...

I want to do this... original circuit for horn only. then I want to install another circuit for bov. not using one pump la... but seperate pump. one pump for air horn which already got. then another pump for bov. both running on seperate & different circuit and both got own switch.

Send to shop then have to pay workmanship... better install yourself...

neo7

Feb 24, 2005
Done the wiring already la... ask friend to do for me. FOC hehehe...

By the way... about the switch I mention. It's call magnetic proximity switch la..

CLICK HERE

neo7

Feb 24, 2005
I will look around for more info about this type of switch. Simple to use and simple to install... but donno if got or not at jalan pasar...

Anyone got time, go see and report back la... then if got we all can rush there.

black11

Mar 8, 2005
Visit site
still no fizikal proof?... haih... really interested in this bov thingy... can do for mivec engine too rite?... anyone completed this project? got pics? sorry but im new..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye everyone...I'm driving campro 1.6 engine...so here is my problem...2days ago i already convert my clutch kit using 1.8...my new clutch cover is double diagfram...1st day installation = problem, cannot enter any gear, it's stuck...after do some adjustment "bagi tinggi clutch" then ok but that same problem occur on day 2...my pomen already do some modified on clutch pump but he said "Bro jangka hayat clutch ko x lma nie bro cuz da adjust bearing bersentuh ngan clutch cover"...he suspect da...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience