Myvi Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
People, please stop cock fighting. If feel the post is childish and not constructive just ignore it. No point of replying or retaliating with another post wasting time and bandwidth only.

We are mature enough to differentiate whose the real deal and whose not and our action sets us apart from kids and men.

If still not satisfied use PM with each other and prepare your car for the next ZTH time attack, safe and legal. Let your driving skill do the talking, not the hole below your nose.

ZTH doesn't need keyboard warriors....

Please go back to the topic.

Last edited:

vulnera

Apr 10, 2009
Dude~ just my suggestion, if you thinking of BOT better u rly do ur own research well before enter the stages of BOT:hmmmm: Hereby i just hv smthg to share, BOT doesn't meant not good just depend how you going do ur part well and workshop.:idea:

By the way im driving honda civic vtec BOT, it's more then 2yrs on the road so cheers:rofl:. I don't sound like driving a car like driving supra but matter of fact just my desired and demand of my own car.:smile:

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
no one said BOT is not good here bro...just some people cant read english or..maybe cant understand very well...

and lately..there are more and more keyboard warriors out there...or keyboard warriors hiding behind monitors nia..

you know who you are...

vulnera

Apr 10, 2009
no one said BOT is not good here bro...just some people cant read english or..maybe cant understand very well...

and lately..there are more and more keyboard warriors out there...or keyboard warriors hiding behind monitors nia..

you know who you are...
Maybe just rly hv to concern about it.. :burnout:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi there...

Just my 2 cents to share... MYVI BOT... There's basically nothing much to do. Just plunk in an emanage and a turbo kit. Send it to tuners to tune.... U may not be able to tune the ignition timing... But it's good enough to boost around 0.5bar with just Air flow correction map... U'll definitely feel it.

Myvi already comes with Low compression pistons if u are aware. I have some friends driving their MYVI BOT. But do remember to tell ur friend that if he's doing it on an auto, the GB would be the first thing to fail...No much of a problem if u fnd the right mechanic...

Now here comes the problem with the mechanic u mentioned in ur thread.

What makes him think that an original turbocharged YRV will have problem compare to his BOT..? JPJ inspection sure lepas one cause both engine having same capacity. Just plunk in everything from the halfcut and get it inspect first. Then u start modding from there.

Personally, I think there are limit a 1.3 can go... U won't be able to achieve really big horses. Like what Jeremy Clarkson has always said, there is no replacement for displacement.

But, just ignore the non constructive post in the thread and do it if ur friend thinks he is ready. Noone can stop ur friend from enjoying his own ride...

I remember posting it somewhere.... If u think ur JDM are fast, what gives u the right to stop other ppl from enjoying what they have... So, does it mean those ppl driving Continental sports car can laugh at u saying u bloody slow car.. Keep it at home and don't spoil the damn road... So, the man driving Bugatti Veyron should tell the other continental sports car owner the same thing...

Hello... Please respect urself when u call urself an automotive enthusiast...

But please do more research before ur friend Bolt On the Snail.... To me, there are a few shops that I will never go for customizing engine such as BOT Or spercharging...

If I'm not mistaken, I've read somewhere Vulnera's D17 VTEC was BOT at the shop u mentioned... Look for his post to have a brief idea about them...

Please tell ur friend dun simply teong every car he sees on the road after he BOT his MYVI...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
kekeke... i said that upon a time ler... just rewrite back only..
Pls dun flame me

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
this thread...kinda off topic until tires la, genting la, 120y la etc etc....
please keep to the topic...if its myvi BOT then go ahead with the discussion..

and pls DO not post provocative statement against any forumers in here...we are all here to share our genuine experiences (those imaginative one, can do it while playing PS game).....cheers

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
kekeke... i said that upon a time ler... just rewrite back only..
Pls dun flame me
For the place we are mentioning..many people got themselves into trouble after having their BOT done there...High price tag, low in reliability...

and i always agree that by playing BOT...its more beneficial in the sense of learning curve and understanding towards a turbocharged system...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
For the place we are mentioning..many people got themselves into trouble after having their BOT done there...High price tag, low in reliability...

and i always agree that by playing BOT...its more beneficial in the sense of learning curve and understanding towards a turbocharged system...
Oh yes bradder... I'd say it's more for engine that doesn't comes with a turbocharged varient... Example Mitsubishi 4g92, Hondas, Toyota celica and etc.

It's not always true that bot cannot be powerful and reliable at the same time. It's the owner whom determine the life of the engine. If everything is done in a proper way, then things will work fine.

One nice example would be the Honda D16 Bot in a ek coupe owned by dirty d having gt30r on his d16 boosting at 2bar achieving 4++whp as a daily drive and once a while drag.

Well just an example. As long as u know ur engine limit, u can do anything within the limit.

But it's true that the workshop mentioned are not well reputated in terms of their knowledge workmanship n delivering their promises. Knew a few friends giving BAD feedback. Owner from myvi turbo to Celica turbo.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
One of the most important research I guess, is reading the feedback or get to know more about that particular workshop that we gonna BOT before we really go for the real deal...
I did read a few threads about BOT lots of people are usually worried, what will happen if I BOT my N/A car or how is the FC like? and will there be any problem with my car?

Is just normal to be worried I guess, is like bring your car to a different world.

Well, just my comment sense...no exp in any mods so far but hope my advice does help a little to enlighten your worries....

Cheers~ :beer:

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
haha...nur taikor, since u drive at sempah so often, i also would like to know if 13 mins is possible or not lor like wat lilpig had said. i did it in 15 mins++ and already that one i was pushing to the limit liao. if 13 mins can be done, perhaps i shud practise more. thanks in advance for your advise.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

RSM can record time one meh?

sorry to off topic...

let me know too...i wan to go look see look see..will be the last car to pick up anyone going off the road...can so call safety car:proud:

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
i am driving both na n turbo engine. what is so difficult about turbo engine ? it just works like a regular na engine, only plus turbo lag + boost sound + blow off sound. its just how the owner take care of the engine. and dont always simply floor the pedal, and dont drive untill overheat. i cant see why bot engine is not reliable. any engine wont be reliable if given to an owner doesnt maintain the engine. as simple as that.

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
Oh yes bradder... I'd say it's more for engine that doesn't comes with a turbocharged varient... Example Mitsubishi 4g92, Hondas, Toyota celica and etc.

It's not always true that bot cannot be powerful and reliable at the same time. It's the owner whom determine the life of the engine. If everything is done in a proper way, then things will work fine.

One nice example would be the Honda D16 Bot in a ek coupe owned by dirty d having gt30r on his d16 boosting at 2bar achieving 4++whp as a daily drive and once a while drag.

Well just an example. As long as u know ur engine limit, u can do anything within the limit.

But it's true that the workshop mentioned are not well reputated in terms of their knowledge workmanship n delivering their promises. Knew a few friends giving BAD feedback. Owner from myvi turbo to Celica turbo.
yea...and i do admit for every engine..its limit is tied down and constrained by the displacement...

so in fact spending too much on a 1.3L engine...better think twice...i did...but am self satisfied and contempt-ed with the power it gives...maybe its just the enthusiasm in my blood...the gatal genes...hahaha

but the main reason of driving a small CC turbo just all because the Fuel Consumption is still manageable and another B20b as my daily driven car...:slug:

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

sorry to off topic...
let me know too...i wan to go look see look see..will be the last car to pick up anyone going off the road...can so call safety car:proud:
hehe...so kind of ya..

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Wah lao eh... this thread really made my day ler.. hahaha.... thanks to MR P =)

Eh.. i wanna join the Genting konboi pek wan gathering... and i wanna join the Genting sempah konboi... sorry ar.. Hope you guys MF or Nurburing don mine to invite a slow kancil 660cc owner with P license ler :adore:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

More information on the upcoming GT-R’s engine code, power output characteristics, FM platform and improved head light technology before its official debut at the 40th Tokyo Motor Show in less than 3 months time provided by Japanese automotive magazine "Holiday Auto".

Engine Code: VR38

Peak Power: 480ps/6,800rpm
Peak Torque: 58.0kgm/1,700 -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience