Myvi Spring Crack

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Since we're on Myvi suspension discussion here - can I ask how long does Myvi front absorber mountings last? Mine don't seem to last long and mine is completely stock. Every damn year it breaks. Is that normal?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Since we're on Myvi suspension discussion here - can I ask how long does Myvi front absorber mountings last? Mine don't seem to last long and mine is completely stock. Every damn year it breaks. Is that normal?
what brand u use ya? iirc, get original perodua/daihatsu or schmaco. others breaks very fast.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I thought you always hang around your mechanic's place when you service your car, then you should have seen how they take the absorber apart....:driver:
So far I haven't seen him doing much on suspension related work. Only seen before once where he replaces the rear absorber from a Saga knight aeroback.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
I've changed mine to Alza's bearing absorber mounting for almost a year, so far so good. It costs me around RM140 (pair) with installation. I won't go back to original or other OEM myvi rubber mounting, it's suck!

PS: After you've change to Alza's bearing mounting, the car height is slightly higher and you will feel firmer ride during cornering (this is for sure!).

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Just like my ex wira, got cheapo, OEM proton and Mitsu ones......:driver:
Nowadays finding Mitsubishi parts to fit Wira seems hard at Ipoh. I wonder if it is still easy at KL to source Mitsubishi parts for Lancer/Mirage to fit Wira?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
what brand u use ya? iirc, get original perodua/daihatsu or schmaco. others breaks very fast.
I am using Schmaco la.

I've changed mine to Alza's bearing absorber mounting for almost a year, so far so good. It costs me around RM140 (pair) with installation. I won't go back to original or other OEM myvi rubber mounting, it's suck!

PS: After you've change to Alza's bearing mounting, the car height is slightly higher and you will feel firmer ride during cornering (this is for sure!).
Firmer is fine but higher? Hmm... I might try this. But 1+ years is how long my abs mount lasted. And bearing mounting? I'm referring to absorber top mount

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Wira, not sure dy, lost touch......:smokin:
Recently found some lower arm and control arm for sale at mudah with Mitsubishi Genuine Parts label on them.

I got ask my mechanic if can find lower arm and control arm from Japan or not nowadays he say most likely cannot.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Recently found some lower arm and control arm for sale at mudah with Mitsubishi Genuine Parts label on them.

I got ask my mechanic if can find lower arm and control arm from Japan or not nowadays he say most likely cannot.
Half cut loh......:driver:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
I am using Schmaco la.

Firmer is fine but higher? Hmm... I might try this. But 1+ years is how long my abs mount lasted. And bearing mounting? I'm referring to absorber top mount
Yes. The ride somehow higher after installed. Yes, it's bearing type absorber top mounting. The rubber type is going to loosen after 3months installed. You can take it out and you will notice it's loosen 1, longgar here and there (no firm at all) and causes the ride floating during corner or high speed.

I've uploaded the image of rubber and bearing type. Hope this help you.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes. The ride somehow higher after installed. Yes, it's bearing type absorber top mounting. The rubber type is going to loosen after 3months installed. You can take it out and you will notice it's loosen 1, longgar here and there (no firm at all) and causes the ride floating during corner or high speed.

I've uploaded the image of rubber and bearing type. Hope this help you.
eh exactly. Myvi uses the rubber type. So the Alza one is the bearing type? Looks like an option. Will look into this thanks!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
eh exactly. Myvi uses the rubber type. So the Alza one is the bearing type? Looks like an option. Will look into this thanks!
The rubber ones will have bearings too, right? If not, how does it turn?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While driving, electronic parts already showing the power loss. Everything on and off because of loss of power. Things getting worst and the car start jerking and the RPM meter unstable. My home is not that far away so I push the car a little bit, working hard to reach home. I felt the car and engine working very hard when I press the pedal. Suddenly there is a sound like a blow up (like a fire with blow up sound) in the exhaust, everytime I push the pedal. Once I reach home, the engine is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience