Myvi Lagi Best.....Modification

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Selamat Hari Raya...
from myvi mods to vios to chilli and now hari raya....alamak ~ hahahahah

Well..lets talk about myvi mods..what adjustable suspension brand is good? I know every person has their own preferences...but mayb can share the pros and cons of some xxx brand and yyy brand?

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
If I had a myvi..

1) I would change 17" rims with good tyres
2) sport K&N air filter
3) Lowering kit
4) HID lights
5) Rockford Fosgate ICE(simple ones)
6) Bigger exhaust(but not too big)
7) Qmax Nano fuel and air(fuel saver product)

these would be my basic plans i i had a myvi due to my budget..:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why not? Just because it's front wheel powered doesn't mean the rear doesn't need grip. A properly fast FWD would need a wing in the rear (GT or otherwise).
Hmm.. for the sake of debate, let's discuss this (hopefully maturely!)

FWD grip is mostly needed at the front where the wheels are turned by the engine. In a "properly fast" car like you said the front wheels will need plenty of downforce to properly transfer the speed to the tarmac. The rear will need downforce for what purpose exactly? Sure it'll fling a bit and sure it'll need a little grip for the rear, but a GT wing? A ducktail would already be more than sufficient in my opinion. GT wings are kinda redundant until speeds above 160km/h (give or take) so anything slower than that it's just drag / resistance.

I personally think a FWD car will do better with a front splitter.

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com

FWD grip is mostly needed at the front where the wheels are turned by the engine. In a "properly fast" car like you said the front wheels will need plenty of downforce to properly transfer the speed to the tarmac. The rear will need downforce for what purpose exactly? Sure it'll fling a bit and sure it'll need a little grip for the rear, but a GT wing? A ducktail would already be more than sufficient in my opinion. GT wings are kinda redundant until speeds above 160km/h (give or take) so anything slower than that it's just drag / resistance.

agreed.....i like the front splitter, try to look for topgear 24hour race using their diesel power E46, front lose grip when the splitter was taken out...:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I always just find it nice and thought is just part of the bodykit as cosmetics...:hmmmm:
learnt something new today...

17"rims Myvi? Petrol too cheap? Indeed is for looks...just add more weight to the car...

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The thing about 17" is the tyres usually are 205 or more in width. The car is too light to full utilize that sort of width so you might actually have traction issues like some Wira SE with the stock 205/45/16 tyres. I used to skid so much with those width tyres and it was just plain scary.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The thing about 17" is the tyres usually are 205 or more in width. The car is too light to full utilize that sort of width so you might actually have traction issues like some Wira SE with the stock 205/45/16 tyres. I used to skid so much with those width tyres and it was just plain scary.
Too wide the tyre for a light weight car without much downforce? Sounds like problem with water pots on the road to me.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If I had a myvi..

1) I would change 17" rims with good tyres
2) sport K&N air filter
3) Lowering kit
4) HID lights
5) Rockford Fosgate ICE(simple ones)
6) Bigger exhaust(but not too big)
7) Qmax Nano fuel and air(fuel saver product)

these would be my basic plans i i had a myvi due to my budget..:driver:
1. good 17" tyres costs upwards of RM400 each. Pilot Sport 3, Brigestone Adrenaline, Goodyear F1 Directional/Asymmetrical.
2. Doesn't do anything.
3. With 17" you'll be scraping your fenders with wrong offset, and definitely scraping your bumpers over Malaysia's no standard speed breakers and parking ramps
4. I'll reverse into you with my 4WD if you glare me
5. Rockford damn expensive and not worth it. Malaysia prices are 2-3x of US retail prices
6. Noisy, defeats the purpose of 5)
7. This is useless. Adds weight to the car.

I'll describe it in one word for you. Aquaplaning. :smokin:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

All this talk of FWD cars not needing a wing is a myth, and I am sick of it. Fast cars, regardless whether they are FWD, RWD, or 4WD, will need downforce for the front and rear.

Most FWD cars are very light at the rear, which would of course mean traction is less than ideal . This results in a car that's very prone to oversteer during cornes instead of the more stereotypical understeer (A FWD car? Oversteer!? True story). This is very apparent in high speed corners, where downforce plays a big part. And of course, like I said earlier, better stability under braking. More downforce results in less fidgeting when braking from high speeds. Light rear end+ No downforce + Uneven surface = Loose tail.

Generally, GT wing > Ducktail is simply because GT wings receive less turbulence because the surface of the wing is at a distance from the body of the car, meaning cleaner airflow for the spoiler. Cleaner air flow = effective aero. Unless the car has a sloping roof line, I doubt a ducktail spoiler would be of any help.

I never said front splitter is not needed. It is, however, just one piece of the puzzle. For effective aero, you'll need both front and rear downforce.

All of this, however, is of no relevance to a Myvi/Vios owner with 17" rims with colorful LEDs all around their ride...lol...

Sorry for TOT.

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
All this talk of FWD cars not needing a wing is a myth, and I am sick of it. Fast cars, regardless whether they are FWD, RWD, or 4WD, will need downforce for the front and rear.

Most FWD cars are very light at the rear, which would of course mean traction is less than ideal . This results in a car that's very prone to oversteer during cornes instead of the more stereotypical understeer (A FWD car? Oversteer!? True story). This is very apparent in high speed corners, where downforce plays a big part. And of course, like I said earlier, better stability under braking. More downforce results in less fidgeting when braking from high speeds. Light rear end+ No downforce + Uneven surface = Loose tail.

Generally, GT wing > Ducktail is simply because GT wings receive less turbulence because the surface of the wing is at a distance from the body of the car, meaning cleaner airflow for the spoiler. Cleaner air flow = effective aero. Unless the car has a sloping roof line, I doubt a ducktail spoiler would be of any help.

I never said front splitter is not needed. It is, however, just one piece of the puzzle. For effective aero, you'll need both front and rear downforce.

All of this, however, is of no relevance to a Myvi/Vios owner with 17" rims with colorful LEDs all around their ride...lol...

Sorry for TOT.
Well, you're not wrong. But a GT wing on a FF car is less needed than it is on a FR. A spoiler would be sufficient I believe. Unless the FF car is a wira with V8 in it, a GT wing does not optimize its effect. Better spend money elsewhere like rear end diffuser rather than a GT - again, if we r not talking about 300bhp on a lightweight car.

Many people out there install GT wings just for the looks and to attract JPJ. Certainly it helps stabilizing your car, but is it worth it? I believe many install front splitter for the looks more than the aero effect too haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nobody ever uses Drift Performance Gauge Series Digital LCD Iridium? readings are accurate?
:hmmmm:This product is quality?......................
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience