myvi K3-VE hybrid with K3-VET turbo part?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
swap the internal aswell...

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
i would suggest what pomen said....swapping internals will ensure a higher durability...

pistons only isnt sufficient...the conrods has to go in too...

things that you might wanna change :

-injectors (v. important)
-fuel pump
-piston to obtain lower compression
-conrod, piston pin,better bearings...
-preferably colder plugs...lower that ur usual ik20...

the list goes on if u have the budget

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
the most important thing u need to do is change piston to yrv piston..get larger cc injector (atleast yrv or 4e injector) and a high pressure fuel pump (walbro)..
if the internal and fueling system u leave it stock, u have 3months to be ready to get a new set of engine..unless u boost below 0.3bar.
as per conrod, bearing, u can still use the stock one as it 100percent same as k3vet from yrv.
piggyback ecu (emanage could be enough up to 3rd stage BOT). unless u want to go for more than 200whp.

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i said pistons only cause he said on a stock engine, with my history of bot-ing, i changed piston and my injectors only.

if you were to go further than that, then i would agree to DJgErM suggestion.

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
the most important thing u need to do is change piston to yrv piston..get larger cc injector (atleast yrv or 4e injector) and a high pressure fuel pump (walbro)..
if the internal and fueling system u leave it stock, u have 3months to be ready to get a new set of engine..unless u boost below 0.3bar.
as per conrod, bearing, u can still use the stock one as it 100percent same as k3vet from yrv.
piggyback ecu (emanage could be enough up to 3rd stage BOT). unless u want to go for more than 200whp.
0.3 mana cukup untuk menggaru boss?hahaha...i think 9/10 people will boost at least 0.5-0.7...thats y alot of piston melting cases..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Er.... if you're gonna swap that much, why not just plonk the whole engine in instead of transplanting parts

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
0.3 mana cukup untuk menggaru boss?hahaha...i think 9/10 people will boost at least 0.5-0.7...thats y alot of piston melting cases..
hahaha..itu pasal la..mana cukup boost 0.3.. :P
if play turbo better to change to yrv piston..boost 1bar, still no problem..if match with stock standard and boost 0.5 bar, then u have piston berlubang (happened to my friend once) and 0.7bar, block berlubang (happened to another friend once).both using stock rhf4 turbin, manifold and intercooler from yrv. lol..
the one with piston berlubang only tahan for one week after BOT, the one with block berlubang tahan near to 3months..lol..

Samuel Takumi

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
JB
www.voltzers.rules.it
because my engine just done 50K on clock
and my car is 09 year 1, it got bigger intake port and valve, so i also don't want to swap engine 1st
if my car is 1st batch myvi i surely swap whole engine already
becoz i ask around chop shop that yrv engine lantai around RM3K
and i saw some ppl selling yrv turbo kit around RM1.5k
that why i need to do ask you all sifu 1st
i know swap whole engine is better than bot
coz K3-VET surely can boost higher than K3-VE bot
coz VET is design for boosting,haha

i heard ppl say if using K3-VET engine in myvi the yrv gearbox need to take out all the gear and fit into myvi gearbox housing?

if using stock myvi mt gearbox is good for VET?
will mt gb ratio cannot let the engine power than using yrv tiptronic gb?

Last edited:

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
because my engine just done 50K on clock
and my car is 09 year 1, it got bigger intake port and valve, so i also don't want to swap engine 1st
if my car is 1st batch myvi i surely swap whole engine already
becoz i ask around chop shop that yrv engine lantai around RM3K
and i saw some ppl selling yrv turbo kit around RM1.5k
that why i need to do ask you all sifu 1st
i know swap whole engine is better than bot
coz K3-VET surely can boost higher than K3-VE bot
coz VET is design for boosting,haha

i heard ppl say if using K3-VET engine in myvi the yrv gearbox need to take out all the gear and fit into myvi gearbox housing?

if using stock myvi mt gearbox is good for VET?
will mt gb ratio cannot let the engine power than using yrv tiptronic gb?
i m thinking the same too when i m doing BOT last year..mine was SE first version, intake,tb, head, valve bigger than the yrv and the previous version of myvi.
Actually if u did properly, BOT can stand the same boost as yrv..and one of my friend manage to get more than 200hp on wheel by doing BOT without any problem..
the only thing u need to worry when doing BOT is the stock gearbox.

yes, u r right..to fit yrv gearbox need to use back auto myvi gearbox housing..unless u get a yrv R version, then its plug and play as the gearbox mounting is the same.

u can use myvi MT gearbox, but need to upgrade the clutch..and dont shifting like madness..myvi MT gearbox quite fragile compared to Yrv NA gearbox.

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
Er.... if you're gonna swap that much, why not just plonk the whole engine in instead of transplanting parts

agree..but some people dont wanna go through the hassle of endorsement and getting a halfcut..

did full overhaul when i got mine..a lil anal and fussy...but no regrets

Samuel Takumi

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
JB
www.voltzers.rules.it
i m thinking the same too when i m doing BOT last year..mine was SE first version, intake,tb, head, valve bigger than the yrv and the previous version of myvi.
Actually if u did properly, BOT can stand the same boost as yrv..and one of my friend manage to get more than 200hp on wheel by doing BOT without any problem..
the only thing u need to worry when doing BOT is the stock gearbox.

yes, u r right..to fit yrv gearbox need to use back auto myvi gearbox housing..unless u get a yrv R version, then its plug and play as the gearbox mounting is the same.

u can use myvi MT gearbox, but need to upgrade the clutch..and dont shifting like madness..myvi MT gearbox quite fragile compared to Yrv NA gearbox.
really feel want to boost my k3-ve coz sometime when i driving my l2 turbo, i like the feeling of boosting...lol
may i know your setting on bot?boost how much?
yup, really need to done it properly, if not a lot of problem appear then headache...
your friend manage to get more than 200hp by bot or k3-vet?
i also worry about the stock gearbox if i do the bot on engine...got anyway to strength the stock gb?

YRV R version half-cut seem like hard to find on the market
upgrade clutch to racing clutch? shifting like madness,heel and toe count as madness shifting??lol
yrv NA gb same like myvi gb? pnp only?

off topic question
about myvi suspension setting,now i got 2 set of sport spring, apm and rsr
which one is better, i heard rsr is quite low and bumpy if using stock absorber?
my l2 turbo using kayaba sr + rsr spring,very bumpy

so which sport absorber is better? GAB? taiwan or china brand hi low adjustable?

coz my friend driving ae111, using GAB sport absorber and RSR spring...handling and feeling quite good but just 3 month his GAB absorber KO already...so GAB absorber good or not?
so i also need to know you suggest what setup on suspension

Last edited:

apeq89

Known Member
Nov 17, 2008
really feel want to boost my k3-ve coz sometime when i driving my l2 turbo, i like the feeling of boosting...lol
may i know your setting on bot?boost how much?
yup, really need to done it properly, if not a lot of problem appear then headache...
your friend manage to get more than 200hp by bot or k3-vet?
i also worry about the stock gearbox if i do the bot on engine...got anyway to strength the stock gb?

YRV R version half-cut seem like hard to find on the market
upgrade clutch to racing clutch? shifting like madness,heel and toe count as madness shifting??lol
yrv NA gb same like myvi gb? pnp only?

off topic question
about myvi suspension setting,now i got 2 set of sport spring, apm and rsr
which one is better, i heard rsr is quite low and bumpy if using stock absorber?
my l2 turbo using kayaba sr + rsr spring,very bumpy

so which sport absorber is better? GAB? taiwan or china brand hi low adjustable?

coz my friend driving ae111, using GAB sport absorber and RSR spring...handling and feeling quite good but just 3 month his GAB absorber KO already...so GAB absorber good or not?
so i also need to know you suggest what setup on suspension
my friend did BOT and managed to get more than 200horses on wheel.
yes.that counted as madness too..lol.yrv na same with myvi but different ratio and rigidity.

i m on gab adjustable hi low. up to 3yrs already..never service and still serve me well..most of friends either gab or hwl or d1spec(rebrand from gab), those are good so far.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been charged RM60 for checking and fixing wiring for my Proton Iswara of Power Window Switch. It is reasonable? Can anyone tell me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience