Myvi 1.5 problem while travel long distance.

aivenrolx

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008
Im finding solution for my problem and not promoting brand...
Stopoil and nasa oil,
Under company name "lubeworld" if i not mistaken...
And i dont think is recycle oil..
I dont feel to change to branded oil,prefer use this and change 2000 km earlier everytime service...
Because i have change over hundred of vehicle using this engine oil and i dont see any customer complain...

Mr trustgtr if u are not helping instead of insulting me use recycle oil u may just ignore this thread..

So back to topic,
I shloud check atf fluid right ? Or just buy atf additive/treatment and test it... Since this friday i plan to drive long distance..

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Im finding solution for my problem and not promoting brand...
Stopoil and nasa oil,
Under company name "lubeworld" if i not mistaken...
And i dont think is recycle oil..
I dont feel to change to branded oil,prefer use this and change 2000 km earlier everytime service...
Because i have change over hundred of vehicle using this engine oil and i dont see any customer complain...

Mr trustgtr if u are not helping instead of insulting me use recycle oil u may just ignore this thread..

So back to topic,
I shloud check atf fluid right ? Or just buy atf additive/treatment and test it... Since this friday i plan to drive long distance..
The one Lubeguard suggested from VR2 is good stuffs, many good reviews, am going to pour in after another 8000km when I change my ATF.

aivenrolx

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008
Mind to share with me where to get the lubeguard ?
I stay near sungai buloh area..

For your info, my car atf use toyota t-iv,
And change every 20 000km
Can lubeguard works with this fluid?

Another thing i would like to ask is about myvi atf filter,
I heard that myvi 1.5 (3sz-ve) atf filter are mesh wire type... And i never change it before..
Should i change it or just take it out and clean the mesh wire?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I heard that myvi 1.5 (3sz-ve) atf filter are mesh wire type... And i never change it before..
You are driving Myvi and the atf recommended is Dextron III if not mistaken. Toyota T-IV is not the atf to use in replace for Dextron III

I read this..
How to Prevent Automatic Transmission Gearbox Failure

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Aiven, try switching back to Perodua Semi Syn 5w-30 if possible (gold bottle, API SM) and then see hows the result. I personally do not think that it has anything to do with the gearbox for now, unless one possibility where the gearbox efficiency dropped when it heats up. Check the ATF also and change/flush if you feel that it is necessary or has the budget.

I've been using P2 engine oil (which is by Petronas) for 2 years and im quite happy so far. The only drawback is that the car starts to feel sluggish after like 6000 km. P2 service interval is 10000 km. But well which engine oil can lasts you for 10,00km and still feels like new at less than 100 bucks?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

better dont clean the mesh. The mesh isnt designed to be re-usable like K&N. Just change the AT filter esp. when you already partly open the AT. The filter wont cost a bomb.

swift2510

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
The Lubegard additive is compatible with Toyota T-IV that you are using. If you're afraid of which Lubegard ATF additive to use, the safe bet is to use their LUBEGARD Platinum Universal ATF Protectant.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The Lubegard additive is compatible with Toyota T-IV that you are using. If you're afraid of which Lubegard ATF additive to use, the safe bet is to use their LUBEGARD Platinum Universal ATF Protectant.
Yup, Lubeguard Universal, but the thing is his T-IV atf may not be compatible as Myvi recommended is Dextron III

swift2510

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
vr2turbo, I get your argument. From my personal experience with Toyota's T-IV ATF was that it's not that lasting. It's good for 20k kms thereabout. Beyond that, my car felt sluggish. This feeling is obvious when driving long journeys. I don't believe it's synthetic-based. Any recommendation for a good-quality Dextron III ATF? Will installing an auxilliary AT cooler improve the situation?

When it comes to engine oil, it's always good to inspect the physical and chemical characteristics of the product before buying if you can. You can google for the technical data sheets of these oils. It's true that you get what you pay for. Latest API and ACEA specifications require oil producers to formulate oils that meet the latest low emission regulations and that means the 'good stuffs' that are the additives are reduced or substituted to reduce the SAPS (ash). So in simple explanation, an API SN rated oil may be the latest in technology but is actually not that durable. Performance-wise these low SAPS oils are dull. Just my opinion.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I'm looking for new set of absorbers & spring for my 2004 Kia Spectra. I understand that RS-One sells GAB suspension (HA series) for my Spectra.

Also found out that Hotbits has suspension of my car too.

Need advice. Based on your experience, which would you recommend ? Hotbits or GAB?

Thanks in advance....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience