Myvi 1.3 Auto 4-1 or 4-2-1?

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Guys for Myvi 1.3 Auto what is the best extractor for it? is it 4-1 or 4-2-1? Sifu sifu please advice. And also what muffler to use? Thank you

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Guys for Myvi 1.3 Auto what is the best extractor for it? is it 4-1 or 4-2-1? Sifu sifu please advice. And also what muffler to use? Thank you
There is no best setup. It all depends on what do you want to achieve. More torque or more top speed? Very loud or minimal sound?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Can do a search, as many topics on Myvi exhaust dy.....
Haha, you're right. I often used the search function in this forum and read from old posts from old sifus that is not active in here anymore. There are many but I can't remember all their names. Mostly are 2006-2009 posts. ZTH relics and treasure. Then there are tonnes of threads about which is the best variable valve timing 1.6 NA performance engine. VTEC VS VVT-i VS MIVEC VS NEO VVL. :biggrin:

But what I think regarding 4-1 or 4-2-1 for Myvi auto is, TS should go for 4-1. I've read many people recommending automatic transmission using 4-1... 4-1 should be like for top end power in higher rpm while 4-2-1 is more suitable for lower to mid range rpm which is suitable for city driving... Yeah, I know that this has been repeated for like a million times already over here. :rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

I did searches but couldn't really understand on which is better cause it's too scientific
To be frank, most of the replies over here are not really that scientific except when you are reading about very technical and detailed ones like talking about thermal efficiency, exhaust gas scavenging and stuffs like that...

I'm not afraid to tell you that back in secondary school days, most of the time I failed my science exam papers (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) because I'm not really putting up much effort during that time. But then, I don't find it too difficult to scientific to understand about exhaust manifold over here. Mind you, that's coming from a person that often failed his science papers.

So, it's not like it is too scientific or too hard to understand but more like a matter of whether do you have the effort and initiative to understand and absorb what you read over here.

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
They explain the same thing to you here, then how you going to understand?:driver:
Hopefully it will be more clearer :) haha

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

There is no best setup. It all depends on what do you want to achieve. More torque or more top speed? Very loud or minimal sound?
Ya I know there is no best setup but really need to know cause now I using oem extractor but aftermarket bullet and straight flow muffler which is killing my fc. Myvi has good pick up and now I'm more concern about the topspeed as I can only achieve 160-170 and 180 when there is a downhill. I wouldn't mind about the sound but I love loud exhaust sound tho :biggrin: Hahaha

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Haha, you're right. I often used the search function in this forum and read from old posts from old sifus that is not active in here anymore. There are many but I can't remember all their names. Mostly are 2006-2009 posts. ZTH relics and treasure. Then there are tonnes of threads about which is the best variable valve timing 1.6 NA performance engine. VTEC VS VVT-i VS MIVEC VS NEO VVL. :biggrin:

But what I think regarding 4-1 or 4-2-1 for Myvi auto is, TS should go for 4-1. I've read many people recommending automatic transmission using 4-1... 4-1 should be like for top end power in higher rpm while 4-2-1 is more suitable for lower to mid range rpm which is suitable for city driving... Yeah, I know that this has been repeated for like a million times already over here. :rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

To be frank, most of the replies over here are not really that scientific except when you are reading about very technical and detailed ones like talking about thermal efficiency, exhaust gas scavenging and stuffs like that...

I'm not afraid to tell you that back in secondary school days, most of the time I failed my science exam papers (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) because I'm not really putting up much effort during that time. But then, I don't find it too difficult to scientific to understand about exhaust manifold over here. Mind you, that's coming from a person that often failed his science papers.

So, it's not like it is too scientific or too hard to understand but more like a matter of whether do you have the effort and initiative to understand and absorb what you read over here.

So basically you recommend 4-1? Care to share what's the reason? Because like you said a lot recommend 4-2-1 so why do you recommend 4-1? I'm confuse now lol and I've gotten feed back from others that I should use back my oem setup but just an aftermarket extractor which is a 4-1. Just scared that it is not recommended for an auto tranny :hmmmm:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What piping size are you using? I have heard many good reviews with myvi AT using 4-1 extractor. Even 4-1 on manual myvi is good too. But it seems that 421 has lesser reviews and some even dislike the car performance when 421 is used in an auto tranny. To be safe, go for 4-1. However, on the reason why your fc is high could be probably because of your current exhaust setup also. If not mistaken myvi auto should use S-flow muffler. Need clarification on that. Dont trust me 100%

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For people who know nothing about exhaust, best if you have a big budget. Just go to a trusted shop and pay them to upgrade your exhaust. Like Everco, Jian Hang, Ijal (Danz recommended, forgot the exact name), etc.

If you want to learn then people here will be more than willing to share and teach.

If you're looking for suggestions, easiest to just pay someone to do for you.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya I know there is no best setup but really need to know cause now I using oem extractor but aftermarket bullet and straight flow muffler which is killing my fc. Myvi has good pick up and now I'm more concern about the topspeed as I can only achieve 160-170 and 180 when there is a downhill. I wouldn't mind about the sound but I love loud exhaust sound tho :biggrin: Hahaha
Well, another thing is when you start to mod especially to get more power and top speed your FC will increase. Most of the time you cannot have the best of both worlds. Fuel is need to increase power and top speed.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
What piping size are you using? I have heard many good reviews with myvi AT using 4-1 extractor. Even 4-1 on manual myvi is good too. But it seems that 421 has lesser reviews and some even dislike the car performance when 421 is used in an auto tranny. To be safe, go for 4-1. However, on the reason why your fc is high could be probably because of your current exhaust setup also. If not mistaken myvi auto should use S-flow muffler. Need clarification on that. Dont trust me 100%
Time to replace mine too since already 10 years old car? But then I went to Jian Hang, my car is AT and originally is already 4-1 that's why he didnt ask me to change extractor...just change other things.
Those also without extractor already sum up to RM1.3K for good material exhaust parts.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Time to replace mine too since already 10 years old car? But then I went to Jian Hang, my car is AT and originally is already 4-1 that's why he didnt ask me to change extractor...just change other things.
Those also without extractor already sum up to RM1.3K for good material exhaust parts.
Is not whether already 4-1, but he can tune the length.
Like my previous Wira, 1st Gen they do not have Cat con and already have a 4-2-1 system. However the 4 is cast iron block which is very short, which is joined to 2 and then straight to 1 before reaching the bottom of the engine.
Changing to extractor, the 4 now are pipes bent downwards and then joined to 2 somewhere at the middle of the engine block and these 2 goes right down to the bottom and bent backward toward the rear and then only joined into 1 just before the flexible hose at the bottom of the engine. So you can imagine even though is the same 4-2-1 format the length of each are different......:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
dammm i hates driving myvi...

because when i'm driving one..it was so light..good featherweight light that makes my satria and another car feels like lazy slow battle tank on 4tyre :rofl: :driver:

and the stock exhaust setup already pretty good...its common to see people swapping other exhaust setup and get it worse......

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
dammm i hates driving myvi...

because when i'm driving one..it was so light..good featherweight light that makes my satria and another car feels like lazy slow battle tank on 4tyre :rofl: :driver:

and the stock exhaust setup already pretty good...its common to see people swapping other exhaust setup and get it worse......
Ya, sometimes stock exhaust set up already very good. Wondering will changing or mod it will become worse...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello zth bros, anybody using Code Alarm model 6552 here care to share their experiences?..Plan to install this to my car but as far as i know this brand is not as popular as Clifford/Viper/Steelmate/Crimefighter..I used to install EasyCar alarm to car my and it had this stupid problem such as lock and unlocking by itself even though it's been locked before i leave the car!..I'm still considering the Viper Responder 350 or the Code Alarm 6552, price wise viper is a couple of hundreds...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience