my Viva battery leaked how to stop it?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh! Rocket brand. This is sold by our company's ex distributor of one of our product. They deal with many items for automotive industry....one year warranty, right?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh! Rocket brand. This is sold by our company's ex distributor of one of our product. They deal with many items for automotive industry....one year warranty, right?
1st time seeing this brand, the 2nd hand dealer recommend me GP brand, I know is good but didnt
change at batu caves there...cuz need to check with my mech on the battery warranty period.
End up since he willing to take in for RM30 then k la...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1st time seeing this brand, the 2nd hand dealer recommend me GP brand, I know is good but didnt
change at batu caves there...cuz need to check with my mech on the battery warranty period.
End up since he willing to take in for RM30 then k la...
Talking about trade in, I just change my battery over the weekend. Yesterday morning my gate was open, (my wife went off first) then someone stole that old battery.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Talking about trade in, I just change my battery over the weekend. Yesterday morning my gate was open, (my wife went off first) then someone stole that old battery.....:banghead:
Wah, just went into your house and steal it? :stoned: Didnt lock your car in the house compound
bro?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah, just went into your house and steal it? :stoned: Didnt lock your car in the house compound
bro?
It was the old one, changed new one into my car, then old one left in the porch. Wife's car, reverse out can see from outside loh! Thought this weekend trade in back to spare part shop....:banghead::bawling:

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
I recently bought Century Marathoner (maintenance free) with 15 months warranty,
before this using Century MF10 (maintenance free) warranty 12 months.. I used for 3 years ngam2...
before that used AC Delco (maintenance free) 12 months warranty...exactly 2 years used till kaput...

I dont use wet batteries anymore becoz of corrosion buildup on the contact points..with maintenance free batts.... this problem has never happened...

Just remember when buying batteries (especially maintenance free ones) to look at the date of manufacturing on the battery. Best bet is to buy at authorised dealer..they usually have the newest stock

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I recently bought Century Marathoner (maintenance free) with 15 months warranty,
before this using Century MF10 (maintenance free) warranty 12 months.. I used for 3 years ngam2...
before that used AC Delco (maintenance free) 12 months warranty...exactly 2 years used till kaput...

I dont use wet batteries anymore becoz of corrosion buildup on the contact points..with maintenance free batts.... this problem has never happened...

Just remember when buying batteries (especially maintenance free ones) to look at the date of manufacturing on the battery. Best bet is to buy at authorised dealer..they usually have the newest stock
My old one was Century MF12, used exactly 24 months. Actually the power still there but acid leaking...:banghead:
Last month changed wife's ride battery. Ask for Marathoner, but they say 12 months warranty only, how come yours 18 months? So I took the New Ultramax instead with 21 months warranty but slightly more expensive....

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
My old one was Century MF12, used exactly 24 months. Actually the power still there but acid leaking...:banghead:
Last month changed wife's ride battery. Ask for Marathoner, but they say 12 months warranty only, how come yours 18 months? So I took the New Ultramax instead with 21 months warranty but slightly more expensive....

error la...already edited....actually 15 months....maybe the store wanted you to buy more expensive one :confused:...or maybe just salesman error......for me I've never experienced leaking battery before...either MF or wet batteries...IMO, minimum lifespan of both type of battery should be 2 years..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
error la...already edited....actually 15 months....maybe the store wanted you to buy more expensive one :confused:...or maybe just salesman error......for me I've never experienced leaking battery before...either MF or wet batteries...IMO, minimum lifespan of both type of battery should be 2 years..
So far, most of the batteries used, lasted 18 to 24 months before they died, but this is the first one leaking, but power still there....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Wow....Century can use for 3 years??? :top:
Ya, I never use liquid cells anymore too...find dry cell more convenient and easier. Hassle free
though it does not last as long as liquid cells...

21 months so long? Wow! Maybe will try that brand next time. How much is it for Ultramax 21
months warranty?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow....Century can use for 3 years??? :top:
Ya, I never use liquid cells anymore too...find dry cell more convenient and easier. Hassle free
though it does not last as long as liquid cells...

21 months so long? Wow! Maybe will try that brand next time. How much is it for Ultramax 21
months warranty?
Mine is NS70 size, cost RM250. The 12 months warranty one is RM210...

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
to TS,

when my wife 1st got her viva, it also face the same prob.
the OEM battery was yokohama ns40zl, seriously i tink it is really a very low quality stock.
the battery water splash everywhere and a car with less than a year age got a few kudis/discoloration/rust build up.
made a complaint.p2 blame me saying dat i overfill the battery water.WTH! :confused:
i just said, this is a new car, i didnt even bother to check nor refill and sent to service center for servicing.if really overfill then the p2 staff/foreman did it.

problem unsolve, :bawling: i just proceed to buy new battery...GP brand if not mistaken.
back on those days, GP is pretty decent coz mine lasted almost 20months.nowadays it just lasted 12 months ngam2 ho. :banghead:

well, let just said the problem of water battery splash never occurred anymore.
however sometimes the battery top part is a little wet but i just wipe it off. :driver:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Get mf ones, then no need top up and have water spill out.....
even mf nowadays haf those hole for breathing at the top battery part.
dats where the water leak a bit.

i tink most maintenance free batteries nowadays still use water.however they sealed the battery for topping up.
so can sell a bit higher because of the name of maintenance free batteries. :banghead:

plus it really was kinda impossible to find normal battery at sparepart shop nowadays.
end up a few months ago i bought panasonic brand mf battery.dat can c water inside but named as mf batteries.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
mf are not dry batteries. They are still lead acid batteries. If not mistaken, it is the way they design to keep the water/acid in. I remove the stickers covering the filler holes of my dead battery and it was still full of water/acid.

The spare part shop in PJ that I go to have both types. They will give you 2 prices. MF is more expensive of course....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

New sub-brand to counter BMW's M Sport and Audi's Sport line, what do you guys think?

*Regular W205 with optional AMG Parts*

Will include exclusive exterior and interior parts. Suspension will likely feature optional AMG parts, and the engine is also upgraded...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience