My Snail Rebuild Integra DB8

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Launch on wet roads? My advise....dont..hahahahaahaha

Last time i had no issue with launch with my ex-ef...just control throttle after jalan....but always ha issue with shifting to 2nd...spin like mad

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Difference between the first time i went for drag and this time:

First time:
1. Dry road
2. More air in tyres
3. No proper management

This time:
1. Wet road
2. Air in tyres was normal
3. Hondata

No other differences I cant think off. I guess there's a way to do it without spinning the tyres too much. I just haven't learned the skill. There was one guy I raced with was telling me not to accelerate too much. I tried that and it was better but still they managed to get a better start. Arrgghh!!!

Btw, do you think the tyre pressure had something to do with it?

Some say I need to get better tyres and I agree with that. Using normal Yoko A Drive only now. But last time also using same tyres. Maybe because of the wet road conditions, it sucked big time this time.

I was really hoping to see the difference after the Hondata because my car felt extremely sluggish last time. I chose the wrong time, after rain, to test. If I have the chance again, I'll try it and let you guys know.

Till then, please advice.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Does anyone knows if the DB8 front seat railing can be used on the DC2 seats? I found a guy selling the seat but it does not come with railing.

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Okay. Thank you.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
It's gonna be a big day tomorrow for my ride after so long. I'm excited. Whoohooo!!

Can't wait.

But before that, may I know if the spring rate for my DB8 which is 10k front and 6k rear is ok? My mechanic suggested this. I don't know much about spring rates. So, he suggested this.

Hope to get reply soon. Thank you.

And changing my front brakes to BB4 brakes. Leaving the rear as it is which is DC2R 96 spec. New Ferodo brakes. Not high end nor the low end Ferodo pads. All in 1k including workmanship and skimming. Is the price ok?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
True and false.

True: I sayang my car more than myself. Haha. All of us sayang our cars la.

False: You don't want to earn like me. Very little. That's why I am struggling to upgrade my car.

Does not matter how much we earn, people like us will surely spend for the car. What makes the difference is how long to do it. Like me very very slow. Some very fast. Depends la.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Finally, some progress. Front brakes and absorbers upgraded.

Wait up for the pics.

Regarding the DC2 seat railing, someone told me that because it's a Recaro, I need to get Recaro railings. Can anyone confirm this? I'm gonna see the seat tomorrow. So, later in the afternoon. Hope to get some confirmation regarding this soon.

Thank you.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Which means I can't use my stock DB8 seat railings?

Any idea how much is the Recaro railings only and where to get them?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Shouldn't b a prob to get the seat together wif railing ma...
True bro. But the one I saw is in good shape and much cheaper. Haha. Just that it does not come with the railings. I was wondering if my current seat's railings could be used. But if cannot, then I might just look for other seats.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
u goin for typeR seat?? getting a pair?? if not u could opt for full bucket for driver side... of course its not as comfortable as typeR n evo2/3 recaro... but at least its much more comfy than my current stock E7 seats... i couldnt get the railings i wanted, if not i'll b using full bucket in my car now....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

remember the black surface paint coat on trucks?

if it's available in small rattlecans i wanna buy to re-spray my bumper black trimming.
according to how tuff those bedliners are, iIMO once you spray 'em on ur linings, it'll last fer years!

can we actually get 'em anywhere? or hafta send to some place to get it sprayed?

tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience