My review on kumho ku36, and toyo r1r.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The BS RE-002 are close but they are expensive also....:banghead:

My friend on Evo X that came with Dunlop SP600 complain he can only drive at 80kph when raining. Finally call me up, then recommend him GY Asy2. Love them until the PSS came out. Now on those....:driver:
GY F1 Asy2? Should be 18" above only right?

RE002 > RE05? Both are under Max right? Seriously pening with BS line up (is that a pun?lol)

How about PS3? I'm seriously considering them to replace the R1Rs. Should be available under RM300 right?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
GY F1 Asy2? Should be 18" above only right?

RE002 > RE05? Both are under Max right? Seriously pening with BS line up (is that a pun?lol)

How about PS3? I'm seriously considering them to replace the R1Rs. Should be available under RM300 right?
Yes, my friend's Evo X on 18".

RE-001 and replacement RE-002 should be under UHP. RE-050 is Max.
However RE-001 and 002 does not seems to exist overseas. RE-001 I found under RE-760 having same pattern.

PS3 feedback having very good dry and wet traction and handling, however many from extreme going to this, complain about soft sidewall. Have to pump up the air pressure then giving them bumpy right.
Not the same type of handling especially in corners.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, my friend's Evo X on 18".

RE-001 and replacement RE-002 should be under UHP. RE-050 is Max.
However RE-001 and 002 does not seems to exist overseas. RE-001 I found under RE-760 having same pattern.

PS3 feedback having very good dry and wet traction and handling, however many from extreme going to this, complain about soft sidewall. Have to pump up the air pressure then giving them bumpy right.
Not the same type of handling especially in corners.
Ah...thanks for the info. Very helpful. Could a lower profile size help in this regard i.e going for 195/50/R15?

Any max tires with hard sidewall? Hankook S1 Evo/Evo2 are not available in 15" right? How about Federal?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
found this on Racing Art FB... after some googling... seems to be pretty decent... anyone has any reviews? seems pretty bang for buck

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
found this on Racing Art FB... after some googling... seems to be pretty decent... anyone has any reviews? seems pretty bang for buck

If you plan to use in on a street car, then keep this in mind, when it rains you risk aqua planing and slamming the wall. Please bear in mind our country is tropical and it rains cats and dogs.

Sometimes even if you drive at 60km/h, and another driver does a stupid manoeuvre and you slam the brakes, the roads are wet and you may not stop in time.

If its track only, go for it!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Wow! Nankang Tyres. Their NS-2 also not many feedback. These tyres are very new...

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Ah...thanks for the info. Very helpful. Could a lower profile size help in this regard i.e going for 195/50/R15?

Any max tires with hard sidewall? Hankook S1 Evo/Evo2 are not available in 15" right? How about Federal?
Yes, lower profile will help, less sidewall flex.
Yup, Hankook S1Evo and Evo2 do not have in 15"
Federal Best Road tyres are the 595Evo. The 595RPM (Asy) also start with 17". Higher up will be the 595 RS-R Extreme tyres already..

If going for 195/50R15 can try the GT Radial SX2...:driver: 195/55R15 coming....

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

If I read correctly, this is semi slicks right? What tires are you on now Bro Madman?

Wow! Nankang Tyres. Their NS-2 also not many feedback. These tyres are very new...

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Yes, lower profile will help, less sidewall flex.
Yup, Hankook S1Evo and Evo2 do not have in 15"
Federal Best Road tyres are the 595Evo. The 595RPM (Asy) also start with 17". Higher up will be the 595 RS-R Extreme tyres already..

If going for 195/50R15 can try the GT Radial SX2...:driver: 195/55R15 coming....

Should be able to get PS3 under RM300 for that size right? How about the price for the 595Evo?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
If you plan to use in on a street car, then keep this in mind, when it rains you risk aqua planing and slamming the wall. Please bear in mind our country is tropical and it rains cats and dogs.

Sometimes even if you drive at 60km/h, and another driver does a stupid manoeuvre and you slam the brakes, the roads are wet and you may not stop in time.

If its track only, go for it!
actually based on the review i read... this dood was saying its pretty decent in the wet too... and hes in the UK where the weather is gloomy almost all the time and get decent amount of rain....but definitely doesnt come close to our tropical storms la hahahhaha

yeah the nankang NS-2R is pretty new and there isnt much reviews... but price wise, theyre pretty bang for buck is theyre semi slicks.

extreme tires are still road tires... the RSR tops that list in the federal line of tires which will make them their best road tires.. ive read/heard alot say the 595evo pretty much sucks... dunno la....never tried...not bothered oso... hahahha

If I read correctly, this is semi slicks right? What tires are you on now Bro Madman?
i guess they are nankangs semi slicks la... but then again... in malaysia many people confuse extreme tires for semi slicks... like the ad07/ad08, or 595rsr or ku36 or r1r or re-11...many refer to them as semi slicks when theyre not and are actually street tires...hell even the cheapo yokohama prada spec 2 oso some call them semi slicks coz of the thread pattern :banghead:

so it may just be nankangs extreme tire category... and judging by the amount of threads... i would believe that.. u rarely see semi slicks having THAT much threads.

im currently on Federal 595 RS-R

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Should be able to get PS3 under RM300 for that size right? How about the price for the 595Evo?
Yup, can get PS3 below RM300 for both 195/50R15 and 195/55R15.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

extreme tires are still road tires... the RSR tops that list in the federal line of tires which will make them their best road tires.. ive read/heard alot say the 595evo pretty much sucks... dunno la....never tried...not bothered oso... hahahha

i guess they are nankangs semi slicks la... but then again... in malaysia many people confuse extreme tires for semi slicks... like the ad07/ad08, or 595rsr or ku36 or r1r or re-11...many refer to them as semi slicks when theyre not and are actually street tires...hell even the cheapo yokohama prada spec 2 oso some call them semi slicks coz of the thread pattern :banghead:

so it may just be nankangs extreme tire category... and judging by the amount of threads... i would believe that.. u rarely see semi slicks having THAT much threads.
I am with you on this. Extreme are still daily use road tires, but for some have to be extra careful in heavy rain or wet roads. 595Evo I heard are noisy and wet grip even though directional are not really up to par.
Federal semi slick are the FZ-201, Others will be the likes of Yoko A048, Toyo R888, Michelin Sports Club, Kumho VictoRacer V700.

Yah! I also put the NS-2R as extreme like the GT Radial SX2...

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
fren told me,
if u can save ur hand n leg by using a more grip tyre.....y want to save mayb not exceed rm100 /ea tyre.....:idea:

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

we know its pain to pay more at te moments ur pay......BUT.....we r not change tyre every day or week n month.....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
fren told me,
if u can save ur hand n leg by using a more grip tyre.....y want to save mayb not exceed rm100 /ea tyre.....:idea:

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

we know its pain to pay more at te moments ur pay......BUT.....we r not change tyre every day or week n month.....
Yup, at least up to 2 years.....

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
my fren use to TOUGE every saturday to genting.....all of them r using Ad08.....1 of them just recently try KU36.....

his comment.......ku36 no gud.....very far different compare ad08.....

im currently waiting for Ad08r....no more federal rsr595.......not to said its not gud.....but its harden after 1 yr,.....somemore te tyre shop told me better pump 32psi....if not the side wall tends to break easily...Just my 2cents....:listen:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my fren use to TOUGE every saturday to genting.....all of them r using Ad08.....1 of them just recently try KU36.....

his comment.......ku36 no gud.....very far different compare ad08.....

im currently waiting for Ad08r....no more federal rsr595.......not to said its not gud.....but its harden after 1 yr,.....somemore te tyre shop told me better pump 32psi....if not the side wall tends to break easily...Just my 2cents....:listen:
AD-08 compare to Kumho sure big difference.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This week, we will be featuring another service by one of friends at Playhouse Garage. We have written about their restoration and customisation work that are offered at Playhouse Garage last week and this is one service that compliments them, paint works...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience