my beat up car. help.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
mind dotting down a few possibilities? so that i can tell my mechanic what to look out for. also evrytime going over bumps in the road, will experience like clanking sound. like sumthin loose. what could it be?
Too much to list, and cannot know what it is unless I hear it myself.

Possibly,
a)suspension absorber shaft loose already due to wear and tear,
b)Suspension bushings already loose/koyak.
c)Front upper arms balljoint.

But without hearing actual sound, these are guesses at best.

Will be working, so will disappear for a while again.

Last edited:

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Too much to list, and cannot know what it is unless I hear it myself.

Possibly,
a)suspension absorber shaft loose already due to wear and tear,
b)Suspension bushings already loose/koyak.
c)Front upper arms balljoint.

But without hearing actual sound, these are guesses at best.

Will be working, so will disappear for a while again.
thnx so much...
real big help..
monday im gona go to the body shop n fix my bumpers. the guy said he could do it for 80 ringgit.
screw into the body i think.
the next day will go to the mechanic for check up.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
my ex eg9 hit 230kmh at 7.5k rpm...dunno if it was using standard final drive or not
Standard gearing with standard FD.. 240@8K stock rev cut (actually it's 7.8, but as if anyone can see that on the meter.. lol)

Only the 4.2FD or the LS final gear mod can go higher. But mana mau test? lol

Last edited:

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
lol. overkill.
i bawak 140 pon i rasa dah bising.
takut.
after my bumper, go mechanic check anything loose.
then my soundproofing/heat shielding.
for comfort drive.

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
Standard gearing with standard FD.. 240@8K stock rev cut (actually it's 7.8, but as if anyone can see that on the meter.. lol)

Only the 4.2FD or the LS final gear mod can go higher. But mana mau test? lol
then i guess it was standard final drive and gear ratio...

test at tapah-rawang hway @early sunday morning boleh kot..hehe

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
for eg9 exterior look no need to change the whole front end.. finding a lip + foglight is enough..
but usually halfcut will sell the whole bumper+foglight+lip.. the rest you should think about is the rear bonet+ducktail spoiler and rear wind screen with wiper

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
for eg9 exterior look no need to change the whole front end.. finding a lip + foglight is enough..
but usually halfcut will sell the whole bumper+foglight+lip.. the rest you should think about is the rear bonet+ducktail spoiler and rear wind screen with wiper
eg8 nye bumper can ah?:hmmmm:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
in my opinion...rear windscreen wiper no need la..add weight only. some of the old sifus had a thread where they weighed all the parts...have to search then u'll know how much weight added with all these add-ons.

screwing in the bumper to body directly with a self tapering screw is sorta normal...cos a lot of shops lazy wanna replace the clips. the bumpers are screwed onto clips that are clipped into the body/fender/whatever mounting points...after so many years, the plastic clips will sometimes fall off...then the bumper will drop loh. my front bumper's driver side clip just fell out on sunday. will look for replacement clip when i have time. for now...push back in everytime it comes out heheheh

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
in my opinion...rear windscreen wiper no need la..add weight only. some of the old sifus had a thread where they weighed all the parts...have to search then u'll know how much weight added with all these add-ons.

screwing in the bumper to body directly with a self tapering screw is sorta normal...cos a lot of shops lazy wanna replace the clips. the bumpers are screwed onto clips that are clipped into the body/fender/whatever mounting points...after so many years, the plastic clips will sometimes fall off...then the bumper will drop loh. my front bumper's driver side clip just fell out on sunday. will look for replacement clip when i have time. for now...push back in everytime it comes out heheheh
yup. i dont like how rear screen wipers look either. though useful, but x cantik.

owh. normal eh? i was watching him do it. n i was :bawling:
hahahaha.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
depend on what the owner look for.. some dont care for weight or speed.. most honda fans or enthusiast would go to all lenght to include every single bit to make their eg to become jdm eg9.. some add sunroof as well..

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
depend on what the owner look for.. some dont care for weight or speed.. most honda fans or enthusiast would go to all lenght to include every single bit to make their eg to become jdm eg9.. some add sunroof as well..
i want everything. hahahha.
i want speed, low road noise, and cosmetics.
going for the aggresive look.

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
i want everything. hahahha.
i want speed, low road noise, and cosmetics.
going for the aggresive look.
You can have everything..
but as said before.. just prepare $$$..

Nothing.. and i mean nothing with H brand come cheap
even civic mayat parts still expensive

do you recently got your car? is this your 1st car?

fyi, i drove eg6 wif b16a before.. nice experience but it comes wif $$$

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well, yeah.
passed down from my dad to me.
still new to cars.
dont want to spend much on performance.
now just want to make up only. make it look nicer.
when working then only change engine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There's a lot of hope and expectations riding on the green shoulders of the the Mugen-tuned Honda CR-Z, with some touting it as what the base CR-Z should have been. Nonetheless, up until now, all we could grasp was nothing more than promise and whispers from the grapevines about what the Mugen CR-Z would be packing.

The tuners at Mugen gave...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience