1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

My B16A 'popping' or 'choking' at idle or low revs!

Discussion in 'Honda' started by SA6YEuro, Nov 21, 2008.

1. SA6YEuro

SA6YEuro Senior Member

Hi guys!

Recently got this issue. My idle sort of chokes/pops every +/-20sec intervals (not consistently but it happens) and when I m accelrating from low revs (below 2k rpm) irregardless of the gear. After 2k rpm, its ok. No probs. Wonder y??

I hav tried cleaning the FICD, change spark plugs.... Running out of solutions.

Any1 experiencing this kinda prob b4 do share. I ll b visiting my mech soon but any input would help 2 illiminate the posibilities...

Thanks in advance.

2. shiroitenshi

shiroitenshi Senior Member

auto/manual?

checked the plug cables?

CEL code tested? (just hope that your CEL bulb was not removed)

3. crazykatak

crazykatak Senior Member

have u clean the throttle body and filter ? it might just help.

4. SA6YEuro

SA6YEuro Senior Member

shiro, long time no hear... after did various troubleshooting 2 seek out the prob.... found out the culprit was the plug cables n the best part i didnt even touch cables for quite a while. theres no spark visible eventhough did it at night. i believe its in the chamber (plug holder) coz can hear it. sounds like finger nails snapping!!

the chip i m using has disabled most of the CEL functions. not much of help there.

anyway, thanks guys 4 givin me the advice. juz needed more options to find out the prob...