My AE92 Jerk

Lionking88

Nov 21, 2008
Hi Guys,

Need your opinion on solving the problem, currently running with 4AFE engine, the problem occurs when you are in low rev and its start to jerk badly all the way. Check the plug cable, plugs , injector and the compression its all ok. The best part is once the mechanic open the distributor cap, there's lots of pieces of solenoid wire there. its shows sign like the solenoid is deteriorate due to age. When the mechanic clean with the air gun , start the engine and the jerking is no more. I need to clean the distributor cap once the jerking happens once a week with the reminder from the mechanic to change the distributor or else it wont start any more.

I have the option to change the distributor, but before that juz would like to have some opinion and some question:

a) is it the distributor can be service and change the solenoid , if can, any contact and the cost.(used distributor ,cut shop, cost me RM 270 w/out installation.

b) Beside the above listed problems due to jerking , are there any that I miss out.

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
are u sure chop shops sell distributor for 270??? U can get a recond unit for that price bro..

Lionking88

Nov 21, 2008
Yup Gang, just bought it last week and need to trade in my old one as reason given need to export the complete 4AFE engine over seas..:rolleyes:

As advice not to use the recond as it wont last long by the mechanic. Nowdays this distributor are getting very hard to find.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using 4G92P fuel injection engine. The Mod i had done on my car that related to ECU only replace my auto gear box to manual G.B without changing to the manual ECU. and also i got a turbo timer that already broken but the wire still connected to the ECU.

my problem is the Mech can't detect my ECU when he use some computer console stuff to detect my ECU and then check my car problem at T.body(tuning after changing new T.Body). but My car seems to be normal as the 'Check Engine' light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience