My 4chn amp kong

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
guys...any1 know who can repair a 4chn amp?

Phoenix Gold 8.0.4...

the protection light on and off, on n off....sigh...

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
my wiring all no problem...
the protection light goes on n off...
my speaker also a while got sound..then no more...then got a agian...
checked all fuse...no prob...
bert...still remember me o not?
i bought this amp from wengweng..driving a wira..install on the spot leh...

tikus

Known Member
May 1, 2005
pj
dry solder :) just a suggestion :)

ayluvb3ech

Apr 19, 2004
oug
my 4 channel amp also got 1 channel kong..so my both rear mids i wired it to 1 channel..i also looking for place dat can repair amp... =P

Pjam

Known Member
May 31, 2005
sj
.. led protection light on due to malfunction of amp.. usually, it can be..overheating, overloading, short-circuit on loudspeaker, low ohmic mode, faulty/defective power supply..
grounding alrite, cause other amp is working :confused:
any knocks on the amp? .. is the amp hot, i mean hotter than usual? or just the lights go haywire?

to find the right person to repair, call the distributor.. as distributor they surely have some support services.. or try the website, there's a forum in there, i think.. email for tech support.. [email protected] .. PG is reputable products, support is there, man.. :cool:

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
USJ 1 industrial area can repair cost abt 60 bucks or so depending on damage well its inside Giant towards the flats area deeper inside...nearer to the workshops though....there got one handicapped electrical repair shop....in the old forums someone also asked to repair amps looks like there isnt much places to repair amps these days....

well this shop is good....been there for like 3-4 years already amp only spoils again after i whack it too much other than that works like new....

if ur not sure u can pm me for further details cuz not sure how well u know USJ

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
I got an acc shop I know to do it.. dunno where they send to though.

Also, to ensure it is the amp, plug out all RCA's and speaker cables to see if the problem comes back. Also try reducing the gains first actually...

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
guess i'm going 2 check my wiring 1st....since those wiring stuff i use on another amp can work then it shouldnt be wiring prob

but of coz the protection light going on n off sure sounds like a wiring prob....

i cant be too sure tat its not my wiring prob...going 2 installer place 2 have a check 1st...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
actually i know a bit of basic electronic.maybe u can let me see wat's the problem....usually amp will not have big problem unless it comethe board were burned

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
howiechoo said:
actually i know a bit of basic electronic.maybe u can let me see wat's the problem....usually amp will not have big problem unless it comethe board were burned
thx bro...but most of my car ICE wiring system is done by myself:D
those susah a bit 1 onli i send 2 installer...eg..no tools 2 remove seat...bla bla bla...

ExtremeRC

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
You may wanna check your boot, in the spare tyre compartment for water. Last time my JBL also reacts the same as your's cos my trunk was flooded, although the amp was bolted onto the back seats.

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
yong,
Ur amp send 4 repair laiw ar?? hehehee.. if not then let me c 1st... mayb i can help... :p

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Fiat Grande Punto Abarth SS Concept was shown to the world for the first time at the previous Frankfurt Motor Show. The production version of this Super Sport kit will make its official debut a little closer to home at the Bologna Motor Show next week and will be made available to the public early 2008.

The SS kit can only be installed by Assetto Derso preparation centres and only on either new Grande Punto Abarth's or ones less than one year old with under 20,000 km on the meter. What...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience