Muay Thai - Thailand Kick Boxing

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
Not sure how they trained but it's pretty brutal IMO.

Went to watch the real muay thai fight at bangkok, underage kid's bouts is not about who's technically better. It's abt who can endure the pain longer, they just keep on knee-ing each other until 1 cant stand it anymore. While a bunch of men place the bets round after round.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure how they trained but it's pretty brutal IMO.

Went to watch the real muay thai fight at bangkok, underage kid's bouts is not about who's technically better. It's abt who can endure the pain longer, they just keep on knee-ing each other until 1 cant stand it anymore. While a bunch of men place the bets round after round.
Can watch kids bout up north also, in Kedah in Perlis. But not as scary as those in Bangkok.
Gambling is common in Thailand. Some are even run by the Thai military. :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So u need to kick coconut or banana trees to strengthen the leg?
Coconut tree still ok. You train on banana tree you will be worse than a girl lah! Banana trees are softies, push also can snap, fruit too heavy tree will fall over.....hahhahhaha:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've seen this documentary about MT and the traditional way of training. A master would have nerve ends severed after the years of kicking his shin against something hard so much so he wouldn't feel any pain if a steel rod were to smash across his shins. It's bloody hardcore this martial arts. But the main point wasn't how insanely tough these fighters bodys were, it was about how they fought. MT is almost no holds barred and if not executed right, they can accidentally kill their sparring partner if they don't hold back their hits.

I mean, an elbow into the temple whilst using a jump to give the elbow smash momentum is insane. I think they measured the force from such a blow was similar to being hit by a car going at 60mph, except the impact of the force would be focused in that small area of the elbow therefore the blow will easily shatter the skull and kill the person.

Then there's that 1/2 roundhouse smash using their hardened shins, no matter how you block this the kick it'll hurt. They swing their full bodyweight and weight of the leg at you when they execute this kick, it'll guarantee to make you step back from the impact. But apparently in terms of force, it's one of the weakest compared to other martial arts. The kick with the most amount of power is capoeira which was measured to be 3 times more powerful than a MT kick.

Fascinating documentary. It was about this MMA dude going all over the world with his partner learning different methods of fighting and challenging the locals to a sparring session. I think the most lethal fighting style was the Iranian (I think it was Iran) army fighting style and the Chinese Sanda fighting styles. Both pretty much looked like it was just all out brawling but with methodology and purpose was just to kill.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I've seen this documentary about MT and the traditional way of training. A master would have nerve ends severed after the years of kicking his shin against something hard so much so he wouldn't feel any pain if a steel rod were to smash across his shins. It's bloody hardcore this martial arts. But the main point wasn't how insanely tough these fighters bodys were, it was about how they fought. MT is almost no holds barred and if not executed right, they can accidentally kill their sparring partner if they don't hold back their hits.

I mean, an elbow into the temple whilst using a jump to give the elbow smash momentum is insane. I think they measured the force from such a blow was similar to being hit by a car going at 60mph, except the impact of the force would be focused in that small area of the elbow therefore the blow will easily shatter the skull and kill the person.

Then there's that 1/2 roundhouse smash using their hardened shins, no matter how you block this the kick it'll hurt. They swing their full bodyweight and weight of the leg at you when they execute this kick, it'll guarantee to make you step back from the impact. But apparently in terms of force, it's one of the weakest compared to other martial arts. The kick with the most amount of power is capoeira which was measured to be 3 times more powerful than a MT kick.

Fascinating documentary. It was about this MMA dude going all over the world with his partner learning different methods of fighting and challenging the locals to a sparring session. I think the most lethal fighting style was the Iranian (I think it was Iran) army fighting style and the Chinese Sanda fighting styles. Both pretty much looked like it was just all out brawling but with methodology and purpose was just to kill.
Ya, but I think any martial arts that we learn, it can definitely kill someone if you aren't holding back your hits against someone who has never learn before. There was a news that there was a fight broke out long time ago in National Service. The boy gave the guy a roundhouse kick and killed him on the spot.

You don't need many blows to kill someone if you can actually execute such strength and also hitting the right part.

Some martial artist did say, is not about fancy moves, is about being able to execute it at the right spot and speed. Doesn't has to look nice. hahaha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlvQMPtqCnw&feature=player_detailpage#t=0

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, but I think any martial arts that we learn, it can definitely kill someone if you aren't holding back your hits against someone who has never learn before. There was a news that there was a fight broke out long time ago in National Service. The boy gave the guy a roundhouse kick and killed him on the spot.

You don't need many blows to kill someone if you can actually execute such strength and also hitting the right part.

Some martial artist did say, is not about fancy moves, is about being able to execute it at the right spot and speed. Doesn't has to look nice. hahaha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlvQMPtqCnw&feature=player_detailpage#t=0
Wah! means you are deadly.....:hmmmm::biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not that I don't want to give him any respect or what, but I think only his fart is deadly if direct impact to the face. Otherwise he's softer than jelly. :biggrin::burnout:
Is it because earlier he mention he train on banana tree......hhahahhahahhaa:rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But a lot of fighters also kick banana tree wor! Unless it's because he's mr. Bobby. :biggrin:
But banana trees are too soft lah! I got plant banana tree woh!.....:driver:

Probably for training because soft like hitting human, but to harden the shin it is too soft.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But a lot of fighters also kick banana tree wor! Unless it's because he's mr. Bobby. :biggrin:
Vr2turbo can pull out the banana tree with 2 hands la...no need kick LOL!

But banana trees are too soft lah! I got plant banana tree woh!.....:driver:

Probably for training because soft like hitting human, but to harden the shin it is too soft.....:biggrin:
but those shin hardening is really too extreme for me....I wouldn't be able to withstand those pain. But to harden the knuckles more likely to hurt as well but not as painful as shin training man....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I remember he use parang only wor. If use bare hands only damn power already.
Is just like Superman will not reveal his powers in public when he is dressed as normal citizen. lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:_: just wan some opinion from u guys/sifu out there
which one is more faster

-a std stock evo 3 engine wif full lock LSD gear

or

-a MITSU GSR 1.8 wif MIVEC head,evo programer, TDO5 h turbine n full lock LSD gear

-need all ur guys/sifu oppnion...........:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience