Mr2 vs M3

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
come end of december.. i'd seriously need a favour from ya'all... i need to test with an MR2... but... using my heavy ass-ed beemer... straight line... 400meter... can ah...not for dignity not for money nor pussy.. just out of curiousity...

GTII

Oct 19, 2004
Hey all, I know u guys settled already..but just my 2cents.. from being a drag slut here :p
I dont think a stock/std SW20 turbo can pull away from a E46 M3 that easily if they both giving it a good go. However with some mods ie. ECU, exhaust and more boost (say about 13psi), it will. I tried this against a E36 M3 3.2 ..so the newer E46 is just slightly faster.
Around the track, you will find that it might be easier to steer the BM comfortably..but over a few laps, the tyres and brakes will fade quicker than the SW20 ..purely bcos of the weight.
Now then, this was in a fairly cool climate..say about 23 deg. and when compare with KL where temps are in the 30s, i think the turbo will suffer more from the heat than an NA.

Whereas drags with the Supras, check this thread:
www.MR2.org.au - Heathcote Drags with Supra Club Vic ***RESULTS***

But you MR2 drivers out there know that the MR's launches is where its at :)
Similar to an All wheel drive but not quite lol

Wished I was back in KL to join you guys for TT :)

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
come end of december.. i'd seriously need a favour from ya'all... i need to test with an MR2... but... using my heavy ass-ed beemer... straight line... 400meter... can ah...not for dignity not for money nor pussy.. just out of curiousity...
Dont know if anyone is crazy enough to take on a bimmer with 3 TIMES more PIston...hehe. Damn...I volunteer..hehe :)
Dont know if my clutch can take the abuse though...hehe

GTII

Oct 19, 2004
hey Mic, wat mods has yours got? (the show/street car)

GTII

Oct 19, 2004
wah... see, MR2s are faster than Supras as stated in the link GTII has posted... ... but i didnt know the Supras down under were that slow... 13.6..
lol..hey fren.. i wouldnt say 'faster than' by itself .. cos Supras are bloody fast once they wind up! The times here are only for the quarter mile..and we know that Supras are damn difficult to launch bcos of traction probs.. more so here where temp is cooler and road surface not as harsh.
My fren has a 287rwkw Supra TT (also a Msian downunder)..but he has probs cracking the low 12s :(

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
I thought this battle was resolved long time ago... but if theres still debate I shall whip out my meager 110BHP machine to settle any dispute with anyone :ridinghorse:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lotus has revealed two new Evora's for this year's Paris Motor Show following an accidental leak just about a week ago. The Evora S and IPS (Intelligent Precision Shift or "automatic transmission") will officially be a part of the Evora range after the official unveiling in Paris.

The Evora S...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience