MR-S Problem (Cik Cik Sound when high speed)

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Dear all Sifus,

My car got a problem.
There is a minor "cik cik cik" sound from my car when running speed above 80kmh.
is like small piece of metal piece hitting something.

hardly hear it when running below 60kmh.
May i know is there anyone also facing this problem before?
Is it the bearing problem? or any mechanical things faulty??

I have send my car to service today, unfortunately the road condition around the workshop area is quite bumpy. Thats y the mechanic cant hear the weird sound.

Will be very appreciate if anyone can help.:adore:

kevinckv

Mar 10, 2011
kota kinabalu
Better check ur crankshaft/condrod bearing, i was jamed my engine after hear those sound :bawling:

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

mine is an MR2SW20

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Becool, you didn't clarify where the sound emits from, the front suspension, the rear, the engine, remote diagnosis can only leave more questions then answers.

Hope you manage to get it indentified

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Hi, actually the sounds is from the front, sometimes loud, I have try to jack all tyres n spin, but it seems like not the bearing. May be one day u guys yam cha n let me know. test drive n listen wats the noise coming from.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Front...

Possible sounds...

1) worn suspension mounts, or not fixed tightly. (sound usually heard low speed)

2) could also be worn anti roll bar bushings, over time the bushings hardens, n because it's the roll bar part flexes, one need to change. ( usually also only low speed you will hear)

3) when inserting the key, before u chrank engine, the power steering motor whirls first (motor begins to move lube)

4) something not tighten on the bumper/wheel guard plastics, when u travel higher speed, it might flap.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The manual specifies an 8yr change interval for emission hoses. Does it refer to just the pcv/breather hoses or are there others? When I went to the shop to get replacement parts, the guy at the counter suggested a replacement hose which I didn't recognize - quite short ~2-3in, ~0.75in diameter.

And just to be sure, the the pcv/breather hoses are connected to the 10 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions on the throttle body right?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience