Move DRYCELL battery behind

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
hi guys,
i think this thread has been discussed before, but i got few things to clarify before me do the DIY project.
sorry for creating a new thread. ;-)

some mention that the cables being used to pull from the front terminal to da back got to be 15AMP, is that so?
what will happen if me use higher amp cable or low ones? just a question,

I got a cable here with me, but not sure can use or not....as to whether the amp's of it.
This is what written on the cable: "Lead Free HO7V-K 35mm" its looks like yellow and green stripe on it like earth, this been supplied by a friend of mine who is working with Broadcasting and Transmitter [they use this for grounding the transmitter]

Do help with this please :driver:

Attachments

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
too small..get the bigger wan..if possible get Benz or Bmw cable..
its 35mm...? you reckon is not good enough? should i go for bigger 'mm' or by 'amp'??

thanks in advance :wavey:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
modesto007, let me know also ur diy project..i need to know total cost and time taken to do this.

btw did you make the batt holder plate?

if put at da back, u gonna put on centre, left or right side?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
i think too thin ler....try to find the same thickness as the ori battery cable..for grounding purposes its a good size....i itchy wanna DIY this also lar....

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
15AMPs a little too low for it. I bought welding cables, need to double check the size but the core thickness(not the outside thickness which meant nothing) is thicker than yours.

Mine had been running battery at the back since 4 years ago.

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
modesto007, let me know also ur diy project..i need to know total cost and time taken to do this.

btw did you make the batt holder plate?

if put at da back, u gonna put on centre, left or right side?
no worries fstrader, me will update you on this ;-)
just in da midst of gathering all stuff before me proceed

cheers :driver:

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

i think too thin ler....try to find the same thickness as the ori battery cable..for grounding purposes its a good size....i itchy wanna DIY this also lar....
too thin ha, emmm oh ok ... im gonna measure the original cable and get something similiar then..

cheers mate:driver:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Out of curiousity , what are the advantages of relocating the battery to the rear boot?

Better air flow, if battery is blocking open pod filter?
Better weight distribution? (heh heh , not even 2 kilos i think)

is it safe? easier to jump start?

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
15AMPs a little too low for it. I bought welding cables, need to double check the size but the core thickness(not the outside thickness which meant nothing) is thicker than yours.

Mine had been running battery at the back since 4 years ago.

so i should go for the core thickness, and 15amp's is tooo low you reckon, ok ..what would be right core size and amp's should be? im using NS70 drycell.. ;-)

im just worried if the amps/cable thickness would eat up the power distribution for the whole care :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Out of curiousity , what are the advantages of relocating the battery to the rear boot?

Better air flow, if battery is blocking open pod filter?
Better weight distribution? (heh heh , not even 2 kilos i think)

is it safe? easier to jump start?
the main reason im shifting the batter back is for the 'J's racing tsuchinoko' or the clone version Simota...!

yeah better air flow with shield...very concern about the cold air sucking through the air ram ;-)

http://passwordjdm.com/uploads/images_products_large/1613.jpg

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Should get a thinker set of wires as if too thin (minus the total resistant during the current transfer from rear to front) should try on welding wires instead cuz i experience once thin wire will melt easily and not reliable at all. So welding wires should do the job and have a insulator on the outer layer to avoid contact with the chassis.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It would appear that the Christmas holidays don’t do much to slow things down at Subaru’s performance division, STI. On the very same day that they unveiled the WRX STI Spec C, they also lifted the lid on the WRX STI tS that stands for ‘tuned by STI.’...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience