Monthly expenses for an Evo ride

MiNiFans

Aug 3, 2009
Hi to all Evo-an,
Just wanna to ask,how much do you guys spend on your evo?

Im doing some research whether can I afford or nt =( (hope can)
Evo-fans for few years
Example like : Insurance? Roadtax? Service? Parts? Fuel? & etc...

Hope to get some reply , Thanks a lot *cheer*:driver:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Bro, whc evo r u looking at?..

Jtreker

Jun 5, 2011
1. roadtax is cheap. 2.0 car only mah
2. service, still acceptable. jz extra oil change for lsd, ayc etc. but its not consider expensive too.
3. parts, alot of aftermarket parts. parts not cheap now. but compare to impreza, still cheaper la.
4. fuel comsumption is consider high. if u are doin sales, dunnn buy this for daily ride. coz 1 tank might get mileage of 350km+- for stock evo only.... if WOT, kekekekeke.... i dunno lor...

Fun for evo! priceless.. kekekekeke

if the car maintain well, break down is very minimum.
find a reliable workshop for evo, u will less headache. dun bring ur car to any common service workshop for repairing.

MiNiFans

Aug 3, 2009
bro, whc evo r u looking at?..
6 or 7 =)

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

1. roadtax is cheap. 2.0 car only mah
2. service, still acceptable. jz extra oil change for lsd, ayc etc. but its not consider expensive too.
3. parts, alot of aftermarket parts. parts not cheap now. but compare to impreza, still cheaper la.
4. fuel comsumption is consider high. if u are doin sales, dunnn buy this for daily ride. coz 1 tank might get mileage of 350km+- for stock evo only.... if WOT, kekekekeke.... i dunno lor...

Fun for evo! priceless.. kekekekeke

if the car maintain well, break down is very minimum.
find a reliable workshop for evo, u will less headache. dun bring ur car to any common service workshop for repairing.
Thank you very much for the info....appreciated it:love:

achelone

Jun 3, 2009
roadtax for 2.0 is around rm400......but insurance i dunno.....

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
For evo6/7, insurance around RM2k if u dun hav NCD... roadax is RM400...
fuel consumption a bit on the high side, RM120 of ron97 for 300km... If u can convince Urself to run ron95 then u save more...
As for maintenance, engine oil change every 5000km just like all other turbo engine, RM300??? drivetrain fluids, RM1000 can settle ma, n can last for 20000-30000km...
Other wear n tear dun calculate la, any cars oso will hav wear n tear, just dat 4g63t got more parts inside, then ppl say parts keep on rosak, BS la....
To me, for a weekend car it's not dat bad la... If u drive on a daily bassis, all the expenses will increase accordingly lo...

pangyau

Oct 17, 2009
For me, daily driving EVO make me "bocor pocket".
Monthly fuel "aiiiyoooo"
Maintainance "sendiri mahu ingat"...
More power will come more responsibility....
Itchy hand + poison by others will more your "pitam"

After all my ride super stock & never execeed speed limit....
Drive slow-slow only...

p3jal

Jan 20, 2007
drive evo bnayak syok ma..hehif stock engine can ma for daily drive..

pengyu

Sep 28, 2006
if u r driving daily in traffic jams..i.e KL, do you really need 300hp with permanent 4WD?

evo maintenance is not that bad, but it aint normal car also. So, i would say for stock car, please prepare around RM1000 a month, lets say at least RM12000 a year including insurance + roadtax. Thats just simple estimation for normal maintenance - oil,tires,brake pads etc etc.
This is excluding FUEL, which shouldnt be mentioned...because it hurts me...

stutzedward

May 27, 2009
If you want 'fun' ... so gotta pay for it lor... there's no free lunch in this world.

If traffic jam is a concern, get E7 GTA lor... u sacrisfy a bit of 'take off' fun but good for daily driving.

raining

Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
Evo 7.5 gt-a my fulltank can go 300km. Ron95
Lets say u put rm85 fulltank,the oil level show 4 levels. U normal drive from cheras leisure mall to sunway piramid then come back,1 level missing. Means rm20 for that.
Maintainance is higher than normal car,coZ u go repair car at normal workshop,ppl see u drive evo,they might quote higher.
Must check fuel pump every 50k kms,fail to replace a spoiled fuel pump cause expensive engine repair.
Engine oil use semi syn,but must change every 5k kms.
Conclusion,gas millage is biggest problem.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

One thing forget to mention. When come to replace tyres,prepare to pay around rm2k for 4 tyres. I recomemd toyo r1r or ad08. If use cheap tyre u lost a lot of fun,plus dangerous.
Timing belt costs around rm1.5k,but 800 also can get see what kinda quality u wan. Brake pad can use oem only rm200,stopping is good too.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I need to tell all evo owners. My 4g63 can run ron95,iv been using for almost half year. No power loss or engine knocking.

Btw, how much is insurance of an Evo IX (say estimated car price is 150-160K) if don't have NCD yet?

My experience with proton...
don't buy the first model.... just wait 1 or 2 years later when their already solved the problem then can buy the car...
i own 1st model of gen 2 and now what happen, waiting for wiring harnes for replacement for abt 1 month and still waiting. the car in front of my house for display rite now and must start the car everyday if not battery will kong. st*pid proton! im one of the customers that lost trust with proton... now planing to buy other brand except...