Mohawk Vs DLS

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
my setup is in my signature...just tat havent update...wit a Lanzar 12" DVC sub..

mentioning bout shrap...then u should 4get about sound stream xtreme series component..
the tweeter is very sharp(bright) but anyway...tats is just my point of view

ES8_MT

Mar 13, 2005
Visit site
Yong_5290 said:
my setup is in my signature...just tat havent update...wit a Lanzar 12" DVC sub..

mentioning bout shrap...then u should 4get about sound stream xtreme series component..
the tweeter is very sharp(bright) but anyway...tats is just my point of view
U means C6 series the tweeter is sharp ? ??

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
Yong, the 'grey' series, IS the MSQ series. ;)

ES8, the Orange series performance for starters is pretty good also...i've been using the orange series components for the past 2 years, still kickin fine! :)

Asian Bookie, if u want recommendations on a Mohawk setup, please refer to this thread...
http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/...9722#post709722

Cheers

ES8_MT

Mar 13, 2005
Visit site
bullet_nos said:
Yong, the 'grey' series, IS the MSQ series. ;)

ES8, the Orange series performance for starters is pretty good also...i've been using the orange series components for the past 2 years, still kickin fine! :)

Asian Bookie, if u want recommendations on a Mohawk setup, please refer to this thread...
http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/...9722#post709722

Cheers

Bro.. ur link doesn't work wor..

Pjam

Known Member
May 31, 2005
sj
it ain't fair to pit mohawk against dls, man..
one local brand, another a reliable foreign one..
if top of the range dls vs. mohawk- dls wins hands down with iridium..
for da price, mohawk can be considered a good buy.. dls has new distributor in malaysia now, wonder what's the price level like.. :cool:

goohtj

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
what about 1. mohawk msq component 6.5" rm 450
2. magnat exp. componet 6.5 " rm 570
or
just pay 3. DLS component R6a RM1xxx

can sifu recommend ? mainly for sq without sub
nazaria big but no space for sub yet

my idea : basic head unit, audiocontrol equaliser (owned), mohawk / magnat 4 channel amp , and component set stated above

goh 012-2182268

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
pjam, i agree with U. it is unfair to do such a direct comparison, as u've mentioned the reasons. and yes, Mohawk for it's price, is value for budget people like me.

goohtj, if u intend to really go all out SQ, and willing to buy even RM 1+++ comp set, i suggest u go for it. however, listen to a setup first if possible, before decide. sometimes u may or may not like expensive stuff sound at all. depends on individual. but for SQ, i strongly suggest u invest in a Good HU first, then talk about amp and components.

cheers

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
es8, u can try clickin the link below in my signature. i tried, it works ma. or if cant, u can go to the "ICE for sale" thread, its there. cheers

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
i read in hypertune on their project car, the toyota avanza which was sent for ICE installation.. what catches my attention was the HU chosen as a special unit was selected with differ timing on it..(meaning music that's played at a slower timing/faster timing) due to the size of the MPV.. since you're gonna play ICE on the Naza Ria, you might wanna find out about this..

Pjam

Known Member
May 31, 2005
sj
.. agree with bullet_nos, a good head unit lays the foundation for ice setup.. speakers, amp can be upgraded much later.. having said that, the HU could have time allignment/ correction, EQs, build in x-overs capability & other kind of ESP.. the price falls within the RM1,800-RM3,000 range for a decent one..

type of speakers to use totally lies on the listener's ears & also budget $$ :D

i think R6A can be purchased below RM1,500 inclusive of wiring/ installation costs.. i've even heard of shops offering RM850 for that... FYI, the 2004 quotation for R6A is RM1,8xx, anything higher than that, better run away from the installer :D

anyhow, its not an ideal way to choose speakers based on price alone, a cheaper one does not mean it is 'lousy'

the avanza in hypertune is a project car with many sponsors, magnat is for speakers.. its also a very good way to promote the brand.. just imagine if mohawk sponsors it, it'll also b a good selling tool :cool:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi i whant to ad a supercharger to 2L 8V gti
i have a 288 cam what do i neet to do
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience