Mohawk Audio Stuff For Sale! Brand New! 1 Year Warranty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE -In Car Entertainment

Mohawk Audio Stuff For Sale! Brand New! 1 Year Warranty!

davidlow7

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
Wanna ask a question
what is the difference for Mohawk's orange... blue or red???

And also... I wanna get a subwoofer which provides soft type of bass..
not those hard type
what is ur comment?

or you have any Kicker's woofer selling???

thanks alot

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
xover, i do have a pic of it, but its from somebody else who copyrighted it. perhaps u state yr email here, i'll send it to u.;)

david, mohawk orange among the red and blue is the best. Red is actually the previous version of the orange, which has similar power ratings. however, the orange subwoofers uses a more efficient system, TIL. while the red uses Kapton. Blue is the lowest end among the lot, but also alot cheaper. the power ratings of the blue series is lower, perhaps refering to the 'soft-bass' u want. the subs are only single voice coil, while red and orange are double.

cheers

davidlow7

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
bullet_nos said:
david, mohawk orange among the red and blue is the best. Red is actually the previous version of the orange, which has similar power ratings. however, the orange subwoofers uses a more efficient system, TIL. while the red uses Kapton. Blue is the lowest end among the lot, but also alot cheaper. the power ratings of the blue series is lower, perhaps refering to the 'soft-bass' u want. the subs are only single voice coil, while red and orange are double.

cheers
thanks man...
i am very interested to get 1 and do u have any amp to recommend me to pair with this sub....

and i wanna have another pair of amp to pair with my front component system and for my back 3-way kicker's speakers ....

emmmm mid-range amp is good enough d la.. most important is the price/performance ratio is good then can already
thanks alot...

n u r from mlk right? btw, i am also a malaccan so easier to do COD too :)

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
david,
so, u are interested in getting the Orange or the Blue? i suggest just go for the orange, cos even if u want soft bass, the orange sub will be more efficient. for this application, i suggest u can try using the MB1000.2 to power a single Orange 12" sub.

Orange 12" Sub = RM 270
MB1000.2 2ch amp = RM 450

as for your front component system and rear 3-way, there is 2 alternatives. u can use a single 4channel amp like the MB2000.4 which is powerful enough to whack each of the above. or, u can choose to use a pair of MB700.2 2ch amps, one for front, one for rear.

MB2000.4 = RM 600 (sufficient, better money/performance ratio)

MB700.2 x 2 = RM 350 x 2 = RM 700 (but this setup u r gonna need more cables, more $)

If u get an Orange 12" sub, a MB1000.2 amp, and a MB2000.4 amp, the total is:

RM 1320

Discount for you = RM 1290!

good to know u r malaccan! then can COD. cheers!

xover, emailed u!

davidlow7

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
nice deal here
do u have an accessories shop?
i wanna install together la...

consrito

Known Member
Jul 29, 2005
Johore
hi bullet nos, mind me to ask you a question? what's the difference between single voice coil and double voice coil? is't the double voice coil like orange and red series have 2 power input as shown in picture?<-(pls correct me if i'm wrong).
btw, the sub price is refer to ONE sub only or a pair?
thanks...

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
davidlow, yes, installation can be arranged at my supplier's shop (not mine la). hehe. he's reasonable, and i'll negotiate for u. :wink:

consrito, single voice coils have only one voice coil, which also means less power handling capabilities. some high end subs have even 4 voice coils, outrageous! and yes, the double inputs are bcos of the double voice coil thing. and prices are for single items unless indicated. eg: 1 x Orange 12" Sub (each) = RM 270.

cheers

davidlow7

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
bullet_nos said:
davidlow, yes, installation can be arranged at my supplier's shop (not mine la). hehe. he's reasonable, and i'll negotiate for u. :wink:

cheers
cool but can i know where is the shop located?
thx :smile:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
davidlow, i'll pm u the location! :wink:

s15, thanx dude! :smile:

consrito, no probs! :biggrin:

hehe...cheers!

ijnek

500 RPM
Aug 19, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
i got the red 6x9 seaker n orange 5.25 comp from tis guy,highly recommended as he made lots of allowances for mi as i was busy n unfamiliar with melaka.THANX bro.

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
For the amps, what's the difference between the blue and red series? I am using the red series now and looking at something with more power. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Appreciate if anyone can send me soft copy of Steel Mate 898 user's manual as my second hand car comes with it and I do not know how to set the clock and other functions.
Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience