Mohawk Audio Stuff! Brand NEW+Warranty!

Discussion in 'ICE -In Car Entertainment' started by bullet_nos, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesmerize

mesmerize 15 Year | Platinum

which setup can give me SQPL? ....help me out here..thanks kelve.

2. Amedion

Amedion Senior Member

the orange series will do.. :)

3. bullet_nos

bullet_nos Senior Member

amedion's correct...btw, mana ada h22a...

mesmerize,

depending on your budget, my recommendation to u wud be:

Mohawk Orange + MSQ Amps (Better SQ, SPL no prob, Bass Tighter):

Mohawk Orange 6.5" Component Set - RM 330

Mohawk M600.2 2ch Amp (Comp) - RM 550

Mohawk Orange 12" Sub with Enclosure - RM 450

Mohawk M800.2 2ch Amp (Sub) - RM 660

Total = RM 1990

Discounted = RM 1940!

Mohawk Orange + MB Amps (Budget SQPL):

Mohawk Orange 6.5" Component Set - RM 330

Mohawk MB700.2 2ch Amp (Comp) - RM 350

Mohawk Orange 12" Sub - RM 270

Custom-made Enclosure For Single Sub - RM 100

Mohawk MB1000.2 2ch Amp - RM 450

Total = RM 1500

Discounted = RM 1450!

If u want cables, just top up RM 100 along with the either 2 sets and i'll throw in these:

1 Pair Mohawk MLN 20 2.0 Meter RCA Cables

1 Pair Mohawk MLN 50 5.0 Meter RCA Cables

These together are worth RM 130!

Cheers

4. mesmerize

mesmerize 15 Year | Platinum

thanks bulletnos, i kinda like the 1st setup, but dont u think its better to have 4ch amp to drive the front and rear comps, since i already bought my 6x9 for the rear and another question whats the difference btw the MB series,MSQ & the M series...sorry for askn too much questions...newbie here...appreciated!

#324 mesmerize, Oct 6, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  5. bullet_nos

bullet_nos Senior Member

mesmerize, hehe, now only u tell me what u have mer...:biggrin:
    ok, u already got 6x9's? er...u shudn't have got them. but anyway, now what u can do is,power yr current 6x9's directly from the HU, and get a pair of front comps, and a sub in the boot. I suggest u go setup 1. :cool:

well, the difference between the amp series is:

MB - Mohawk Blue Series - designed for lower budget users, decent sound
    MSQ - Mohawk Sound Quality Series - designed to be more efficient, better SQ, more stable
    M Series - older model of MSQ

Cheers

6. magnesium

magnesium Senior Member

Mohawk Orange 12" Sub with Enclosure - RM 450

Custom-made Enclosure For Single Sub - RM 100

Mohawk Orange 12" Sub - RM 270

suppose Mohawk Orange 12" Sub with Enclosure is RM370 am right?
    maybe i misunderstood other place?

7. bullet_nos

bullet_nos Senior Member

magnesium, yr calculations are correct, :wink: , but one is custom-made enclosure by accessory shop (RM100+RM270), whereas the RM 450 wan is specially designed and made by MOHAWK. "Mohawk Orange 12" DVC Subwoofer with Mohawk Enclosure = RM 450"
    No worries mate...:cool:

btw, im going to KL next saturday, anybody wants free delivery to subang area, place yr orders now! latest by next thursday!

Cheers

8. huffy

huffy Senior Member

hi bro, just wondering if u do delivery of mohawk audio products to singapore?im pretty interested in some speakers..but they dont seem to sell them in singapore..

9. bullet_nos

bullet_nos Senior Member

huffy, hm, about delivery to s'pore, im not sure how much it'll cost u tho. but i do travel to JB occasionally, so if i do drop by down south, perhaps u can meet up with me for the items? cheers

10. huffy

huffy Senior Member

That would be great.. but im not really good with the roads over there as im quite a new driver.. well i will consider what i need b4 i tell u again..thanks mate!

11. 4G13-NA

4G13-NA 15 Year | Platinum

Bullet_nos bro, nice to meet u! I saw ur Mohawk price list here and i'm quite interested in them. Actually i'm planning on a full Mohawk setup for my ride. Currently, I have 2x Mohawk Gold 12" subs being run by a cheap amp. Let's say I'd like to have a pair of Mohawk Orange 6.5" splits for my front, and a good amp to power up the subs, what amps would you recommend for these two applications?

12. ingjoo

ingjoo 15 Year | Platinum

among orange, blue and red which one the best??

interested to get the comp set.... but now all comp set selling from 300-450.. orange is rm330.. is it worth to get?? some say mohawk not good, but some say its good...

13. ace79

ace79 Senior Member

ingjoo : depends on your budget la bro, you want very good ones and you have the cash, you go for Focal comps! To me, my Mohawk setup is good enuff for me ( it's the settings that you must worry more ) You want SQ, Mohawk got a set, forgot la the name...anyway bullet_nos, i forgot to thank you for your kind services in getting the stuffs to me, two thumbs up bro!

14. ingjoo

em.. SQ means more on the sound quality? which SPL means BASS rite?
    \
    i thought the seller only sell orange set? jusk asking coz my place here selling red comp set.. whats the difference between red and orange ? which one better?

15. 4G13-NA

ingjoo bro, I was checking out Mohawk's website last night. Apparently the power rating between the Reds and Golds are the same. Only the SNR differs VERY slightly between them. In other words, there are almost no difference between the two.

16. ingjoo

but i heard orange/gold is more expensive ah..,
    erm... mohawk made from where ?? china//??

17. 4G13-NA

Yeah, the Gold series is more expensive. Mohawks are made in USA bro. You can click on bullet_nos's banner...full info and specs there.

18. ingjoo

i read it... got 1 type is titanium series... bullet nos got sell this series or not... or its the latest series mbq?

erm price list is august one.. so long liao no yet reduce ah??

19. bullet_nos

bullet_nos Senior Member

hey guys! sorry for the late reply...been out for days.

huffy, perhaps u could take the bus to JB causeway, i can meet u there lo. or u can drive across, shouldn't get lost. hehehe.

4g13na, nice to meet u too bro! tho not in RL yet...hehehe. hm, so currently u're running on 2 x 12's orange subs? as for subs, the best amps to whack them are monoblocks, in which unfortunately, mohawk hasnt produced them yet. there is the MB2000.2 2ch amp @ RM 550 which can power them both, but it wun be as efficient as a monoblock, or as tight. but can la. its half the price. hehe. but otherwise, u can consider running 2 amps to whack 2 subs, eg: one M800.2 @ RM 660 to whack one 12 sub, boy, the sound will be awesome.
    and about the component set, the best currently is the MSQ series, which delivers the best SQ of them all. it is more pricey of course. the MSQ 6.5" comp set costs RM430. but benefits guaranteed. but the orange would be fine for most of us, including me. hehe. the orange series is only RM 10 more than the red. yes, it is basically similar, as the orange is a newer version of the red. one of the benefits is better magnet casing for heat dissipation, and a new type of crossover for the orange as compared to the red. my take is the Orange.
    and all Mohawk products are now manufactured locally, here in Malaysia. their plant is situated in Shah Alam. that's why the prices are so competitive now. it was formally made in USA, under direct supervision by Kicker, but now Kicker has branched out Mohawk under it's license manufacturing and started it's plant here in Malaysia. reason is due to the cheaper labor costs, and the American market does not view the brand "Mohawk" favorably due to racial discrimination issues towards the red indians. so now, we enjoy kicker-quality products at cheaper prices!

ingjoo, now i sell the whole line of mohawk products. some of which are not listed in my price list such as monitors and so forth, can be arranged upon request. and how much u are willing to pay is one thing, but your personal preference is another. but generally speaking, for beginners/people like us with low budget, Mohawk gives the best bang for buck. :wink: and SQ means more towards the Sound Quality side...while SPL is Sound Pressure Level, meaning louder capabilities, and more bass Boom Boom. but an SQ speaker does not necessarily mean it can go boom boom, vice versa.
    and btw, the price list latest update is October 5th, page 22. check it out! :smile:

yo ace79! haha, u're welcome man. thanx for your Mohawk support. hehehe :cool: hope u are rockin' and enjoyin' your new balik kampung system!! :biggrin:

Cheers ya'll!

20. ingjoo

bullet nos..you got my pm or not?? dint see you reply yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.