Mods for non mivec 1.3 satria (Budget later we talk la)

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
rebuild=overhaul. mivec is a bit "manja". need to check all the clearance properly, oil pressure, solenoid, everything.
that be bad if mekanic dont know on the clearance properly, oil presure, solenoid in original mivec setting. if setting run already, idle cannot stable? will like damaged the engine?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
that be bad if mekanic dont know on the clearance properly, oil presure, solenoid in original mivec setting. if setting run already, idle cannot stable? will like damaged the engine?
take it to workshop that had done proper build before. u bought the engine already? where do u stay?

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
take it to workshop that had done proper build before. u bought the engine already? where do u stay?

thinking about it. i stay on malim nawar. i dont know on work shop that can do a mivec proper build

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
dang.. maybe the bearing clearance not checked properly or oil starvation?
maybe since ask him he said the engine not yet smooth after refurbish the internal to new parts.
piston ring also nearly boiled

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
So he knew the engine wasnt in good condition and yet he went for dyno?
really dont know d.. maybe he thought all new internal is ok to go for dyno? before send to dyno he already thinking is there any problem since engine just running 300km and he also scared that engine will blown is didn't got for dyno..

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
I believe it is just a case of badly build engine, did his mech measure the bearing clearance with plastigauge? there are too many variables, could be rod cap bolt failure as most people reuse them instead of replacing them.

Reactions: sanekit

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
I believe it is just a case of badly build engine, did his mech measure the bearing clearance with plastigauge? there are too many variables, could be rod cap bolt failure as most people reuse them instead of replacing them.
:laugh: he is a foreman actually, he said all internal are new that he also feel wired how come like that..
he ask his friend to drive for dyno and that fellow had elephant leg..
maybe his elephant leg fried off the bearing cant imagine from sunway to botanic klang less 15 minutes at afternoon, really dont know how fast he drive:driver::driver::driver:

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
:laugh: he is a foreman actually, he said all internal are new that he also feel wired how come like that..
maybe his elephant leg fried off the bearing cant imagine from sunway to botanic klang less 15 minutes at afternoon, really dont know how fast he drive:driver::driver::driver:
not to make your friend look bad, just stating the truth, many foreman can maintain and overhaul an engine, the sad fact is not even a handful can properly build an engine to spec. many dont measure and spec engines individually which i also understand that it take up too much time.

heck even the place im going couldn't do that, and GT auto/ AHM dont even use a sterile engine room. it is quite stressful to see my engine being build in a workshop common area and no full blueprinting and documentation. but oh well, i can't afford 5 figures labour, i get what i paid for. hahaha

Reactions: sanekit

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Regardless of elephant leg or not, dyno is stressful for the engine. So that shouldn't matter. If he ask the friend for a favor, then he shouldn't blame him.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Regardless of elephant leg or not, dyno is stressful for the engine. So that shouldn't matter. If he ask the friend for a favor, then he shouldn't blame him.
well he did not blame anyone just sad in heart and pocket...:deal:
after dyno plus fast in highway.. bearing become fried chicken lo..:laugh:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've just finished my myvi yrv implant. but there is 2 things need some helps from all sifus.
everything is done on my ride but the abs n airbag doesn't works.
anyone could help me on this.?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience