Mods for non mivec 1.3 satria (Budget later we talk la)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
C99 body is probably overhyped
Words from a C99 owner himself

Actually is the suspension issues, rear suspension does matter
Not just Iswara, even Wira 1.3 and 1.5 body also unable to withstand the G-force of a high torque engine and also the hard suspension
My friend 1.6 Satria body open up near door when he changed to vr4 boost to 1.2 bar with big turbo that time

Depends my friend, if c99 body different talk man

Yup, Wira better still i rather drive a Old junk Camry compare to Wira VR or EVO, old liao back pain:biggrin:
Tried once from Kesas Klang till Melaka just 40 min with Wiraevo, night time back pain since too bumpy and the exhaust sound:thrasher:
If the power and stress from those engine is that strong, I think even C99 will have a hard time dealing with that. Probably C99 can last a bit longer until a matter of time when it will also start breaking up?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Is a wonder you still can hear. :biggrin:
C99 body is probably overhyped
wonders need to sacrifice by putting effort d..:biggrin:
at the end it is depends how you take care

Words from a C99 owner himself

If the power and stress from those engine is that strong, I think even C99 will have a hard time dealing with that. Probably C99 can last a bit longer until a matter of time when it will also start breaking up?
I did saw an Otai driving a Wiravo till today nicely care off like new car and if not mistaken more than 10 years already under his hand since he is my friends neighbour and he sold his Wiravo to him but my friend original Lancer CK with Evo 6 engine body crack due to always put under the hot sun and drive like no tomorrow (did not take care the body just the engine)
Older cars need more maintenance than new one, not just the engine but the body also.

It is Steel at the end, no matter how also will crack, bend, rust and torn if not care properly:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
wonders need to sacrifice by putting effort d..:biggrin:
at the end it is depends how you take care

I did saw an Otai driving a Wiravo till today nicely care off like new car and if not mistaken more than 10 years already under his hand since he is my friends neighbour and he sold his Wiravo to him but my friend original Lancer CK with Evo 6 engine body crack due to always put under the hot sun and drive like no tomorrow (did not take care the body just the engine)
Older cars need more maintenance than new one, not just the engine but the body also.

It is Steel at the end, no matter how also will crack, bend, rust and torn if not care properly:driver:
Even Lancer CK also can't withstand the power from those engines. Makes me scared on converted cars. But is the Evo 6 engine heavily modded also?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Even Lancer CK also can't withstand the power from those engines. Makes me scared on converted cars. But is the Evo 6 engine heavily modded also?
Not very heavy mod just 1bar boost only, since he always park his car outside did not well take care of the body, that is why crack..

Then don't convert, get the original......lol
Actually fully agreed with you, companies spend billion of dollars hiring a bunch of R&D guys just to invent a car and they are really doing the job not sleeping..:biggrin: thats my friend always told me since he is engineer in R&D department:laugh:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Actually fully agreed with you, companies spend billion of dollars hiring a bunch of R&D guys just to invent a car and they are really doing the job not sleeping..:biggrin: thats my friend always told me since he is engineer in R&D department:laugh:
How about 1 model which is produced with different variant which has the down to earth grocery shop spec until the hardcore GTI spec...will this model shared the same chassis but with minimal additional mod to the chassis or the same?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
How about 1 model which is produced with different variant which has the down to earth grocery shop spec until the hardcore GTI spec...will this model shared the same chassis but with minimal additional mod to the chassis or the same?
Actually we cant see the difference by our eyes, there might be something that they will add on in order to get the approval from the government to sell it at market.. example Satria 1.3 vs GTI, try original ya, dont mode anything, you will feels the difference.
I just know it when I brought my 1st used wira Aeroback export model with c99 body 1.8, you will feel more solid compare to local and 1.3 more worst, just like Milo tin.
Even my current car Alza Advance (Old Model ya, new one dont know), had tried normal compare to Advance, very big difference (you can check at google what is the difference.. drive till now going to reach the 9th years, still like new and solid :laugh::marchmellow:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Actually we cant see the difference by our eyes, there might be something that they will add on in order to get the approval from the government to sell it at market.. example Satria 1.3 vs GTI, try original ya, dont mode anything, you will feels the difference.
I just know it when I brought my 1st used wira Aeroback export model with c99 body 1.8, you will feel more solid compare to local and 1.3 more worst, just like Milo tin.
Even my current car Alza Advance (Old Model ya, new one dont know), had tried normal compare to Advance, very big difference (you can check at google what is the difference.. drive till now going to reach the 9th years, still like new and solid :laugh::marchmellow:
For Satria GTI or the GTI R3, they are known to have additional weld on strategic area which adds to rigidity. I think C99 oso the same.

How about between satria/wira 1.3 vs 1.5 vs 1.6?
Is it using the same body and chassis?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For Satria GTI or the GTI R3, they are known to have additional weld on strategic area which adds to rigidity. I think C99 oso the same.

The Satria R3, the Neo clubsport, the Neo R3 Lotus all have spot welds. The normal GTI I don't think so

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006

This one really dont know how to answer you since I am not expert (Not working in car industries nor insurance claim companies or they call tukang ketuk mud guard).
If not mistaken 1.3, 1.5 and 1.6 suspension also different where you used 1.6 into 1.3 you will feel a bit bumpy but ori 1.6 unable to feel that since heavy body.. even GTI suspension vs 1.6 also got a bit different body wise no need to say sure re-enforced till approval been granted to sell at market since they also scared been sue by buyers

It will be same as Wira also 1.3 till 1.8 is different even export model, still remember when I work with Germany Government own testing company like Sirim, (TUV Malaysia) the Engineer said Waja is a scrap and forget to import into Europe market if did not re-do the cars, that is why Persona finishing and body is better quality compare to Wira, Satria or Waja

The rest I think you need to wait for other sifu to help to comment..:biggrin:

Our Taiko Izso already mentioned the difference on the R3 side

Good Luck...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If they were to differentiate each chassis with different manufacturing methods, I think that will be time consuming and increased their cost. Logically thinking from production point of view, they should be the same. Meanwhile the 1.8 C99 is produced in a lower amount of number and at the same time, sold at almost 2 times the price of a normal 1.3 and 1.5. In that case, I suppose they can afford to further reinforce the chassis as they are selling it more expensive and in a lower amount.

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018

Wira/Satria Engine displacement and Chassis Designation
2.0 Diesel turbo C95
1.3 C96
1.5 C97
1.6 C98
1.8 C99

the higher the number, the more welding points you have. thus, adding more "strategic" welding points.

The chassis are not "that strong". Doing the tripod test, C96 vs C98, the C96 have significant more chassis flex as compared to the C98, because the door can open but cannot close with C96. C99 are both GTi, R3, R3 added spot weld

(Maybe bring it up to a standard gti HP or more)
as for TS, forget about it, you can dump 40k and it can barely make 90hp without a turbo. forget about the 1.3, if you're serious about building one, get a 1.5 straight away as it has a lot more torque and uses the same components as the 1.3 to modify. if you're going to spend rm600 to buy the cam for the 4G1series, might as well put it in the 1.5.