Mods for non mivec 1.3 satria (Budget later we talk la)

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
as for TS, forget about it, you can dump 40k and it can barely make 90hp without a turbo. forget about the 1.3, if you're serious about building one, get a 1.5 straight away as it has a lot more torque and uses the same components as the 1.3 to modify. if you're going to spend rm600 to buy the cam for the 4G1series, might as well put it in the 1.5.
talking from experience right? hehe. i agree. better get a 4g15 or best 4g92. 4g92 halfcut price is not that expensive nowadays.

Reactions: Ranjanmax

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
guys should a 4g92 DOHC Mivec be good enough for an engine transplant?
yup. but the price for a MIVEC head only complete without ECU already gonna be around RM4k++. you'll be damn lucky to find a complete halfcut engine with ECU and wiring for less than RM7.5k.

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
yup. but the price for a MIVEC head only complete without ECU already gonna be around RM4k++. you'll be damn lucky to find a complete halfcut engine with ECU and wiring for less than RM7.5k.
Owh I see correct me if I’m wrong but is it true that the 4g92 mivec produced quite some power compared to the 1.8 gti?

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
what ecu do u suggest for mivec setup?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Owh I see correct me if I’m wrong but is it true that the 4g92 mivec produced quite some power compared to the 1.8 gti?
mivec works like vtec. got switching profile at higher rpm, with higher rev cut. a stock mivec makes 168hp/7500rpm at the crank on paper, a stock 4g93 dohc makes 138hp/6500rpm on paper. people want mivec coz of the cam system.

what ecu do u suggest for mivec setup?
for 4g92 or 4g93 hybrid? 4g93 best u go for standalone. link atom is good.

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
mivec works like vtec. got switching profile at higher rpm, with higher rev cut. a stock mivec makes 168hp/7500rpm at the crank on paper, a stock 4g93 dohc makes 138hp/6500rpm on paper. people want mivec coz of the cam system.

for 4g92 or 4g93 hybrid? 4g93 best u go for standalone. link atom is good.
is there difference when picking the ecu for 4g92 and 4g93 hybrid? if link atom in 4g92?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
is there difference when picking the ecu for 4g92 and 4g93 hybrid? if link atom in 4g92?
the 4g92 mivec originally comes as a 1.6l engine. the 4g93 is a 1.8l engine with longer stroke. stock ecu is sufficient if u stay stock 1.6l. if u mods like changing to a larger throttle body, better flowing extractor etc, you'll need a piggyback or reflash your ecu to fully utilise the mods. if u go 1.8l, best to go for standalone. u can still use stock ecu reflash or with piggyback.

link atom is recommended coz of the price and it does the job. no problem running it on your 4g92 mivec if u want. the only thing that doesnt work with the link atom standalone ecu will be your stepper motor.

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
the 4g92 mivec originally comes as a 1.6l engine. the 4g93 is a 1.8l engine with longer stroke. stock ecu is sufficient if u stay stock 1.6l. if u mods like changing to a larger throttle body, better flowing extractor etc, you'll need a piggyback or reflash your ecu to fully utilise the mods. if u go 1.8l, best to go for standalone. u can still use stock ecu reflash or with piggyback.

link atom is recommended coz of the price and it does the job. no problem running it on your 4g92 mivec if u want. the only thing that doesnt work with the link atom standalone ecu will be your stepper motor.
piggyback? what it do to help in the mods?

stepper motor doesnt work with link atom, then idling will become not stable?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
piggyback? what it do to help in the mods?

stepper motor doesnt work with link atom, then idling will become not stable?
piggyback is an add-on to your current ecu. some stock ecu can be remap/reflash/rechip, some cannot. so we use piggyback ecu unit to tune the engine and fully utilise the mods. can google on how piggyback ecu works.

link atom doesnt have idling control function. a friend of mine installed on his 4g93 mivec hybrid. you can install 2 FICD for cold start choke and ac idling control if u want. some shop can use back your stock ecu just to control the idling function. but all the engine function still running from the link atom. overall, depends on your tuner/installer/mech.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
1.8 GTI with Mivec head and wiring proper setup and produce 150++ bhp on wheel only using Emanage
if no air filter can go till 165 on wheel bhp but internal rod bearing need to touch a bit if not engine kaput

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
piggyback is an add-on to your current ecu. some stock ecu can be remap/reflash/rechip, some cannot. so we use piggyback ecu unit to tune the engine and fully utilise the mods. can google on how piggyback ecu works.

link atom doesnt have idling control function. a friend of mine installed on his 4g93 mivec hybrid. you can install 2 FICD for cold start choke and ac idling control if u want. some shop can use back your stock ecu just to control the idling function. but all the engine function still running from the link atom. overall, depends on your tuner/installer/mech.
do u know the way to see what stock ecu can reflash/remap? i will try to gogle about piggiyback it, thanks

it look like many trouble to go link atom but why do u suggest it if so many work is need to control idle?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
do u know the way to see what stock ecu can reflash/remap? i will try to gogle about piggiyback it, thanks

it look like many trouble to go link atom but why do u suggest it if so many work is need to control idle?
mivec ecu with 4828 or 7305 (mivec RS) code can remap/reflash. a friend is selling 4828. i dont know if he still have it or not. need to check with him first.

i suggest link atom because it does the job. if your car is rebuild properly, it'll idle like normal. only cold start most probably you'll need to install ficd to get the idling higher until it reach temp for normal idling.

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018
mivec ecu with 4828 or 7305 (mivec RS) code can remap/reflash. a friend is selling 4828. i dont know if he still have it or not. need to check with him first.

i suggest link atom because it does the job. if your car is rebuild properly, it'll idle like normal. only cold start most probably you'll need to install ficd to get the idling higher until it reach temp for normal idling.
thanks about the ecu information.

rebuild properly? open up everything in engine and fix back?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

RAINAWAY” is a trade mark registered products; “RAINAWAY” products offer you highest quality nanotechnology products and are an alternative solution to enhance the performance of your products by sophisticated technology.

For the past decade, we proud to claim ourselves as a pioneer in providing a nanotechnology protection glass coating system and nano titanium photo-catalyst coating in car care, auto motive and building/construction industries.

The nanotechnology...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience