Modifying Toyota Corolla SE Limited(AE92)

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
Haha Hi BLANK, looooong time I haven't heard from you too. Im fine im fine, preparing for my finals :wavey: . How about you?

YEAH FINALLY. Been waiting for ages. Nah I got a DCNF 40 instead, for now. No point I put 2 DCOE's, I havent touched my cams, extractor, clutch, pistons etc etc. Think i'll get that done first lah :rofl: .

Whats new with your car? :driver:
icic...im good bro

ahaks...finally...true3 dcnf is good basis upgrade for a yet *untouched* engine......so how was the powah?must be nice...hehe...so any mod in the future to squeeze more juice from the GA?

still the same laaaa just getting more & more rusty....

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
No I can travel 45kms MORE on one tank :rofl: . Fully synthetic oils = Oils made in labatories, not extracted from the earth and refined, example, motul with their polymers and stuff.

Yeah I hope I dont, nobody in the WORLD (literally) plays with GA16's anymore... im going to lose a lot of money for not much power but wtever lah, all for the sake of uniqueness :thefinger: .

Thanks dude, you too. Any new mods on your ride?
Ah okay, so hows your engine while running full-synth? got makan engine oil or such thing?

Haha talking about uniqueness, the mech also said that sourcing parts for 4A-F is getting harder and harder these days.. mine is still not as unique as your ride bro :rofl: I saw a car like yours but grey in colour.. Some mods had been done to the frontal area so the bumper, lights and grill looks abit different, better than stock if i may say so..

Back to topic, mods on my AE92: just changed my absorbers last weekend.. Was looking for KYB hidraulic abs but there was no stock and ended up buying Grebber brand 50-50 gas n hidraulic.. The price was okay too, including installation, just below rm800.. so far so good.. ( i dunno if this could be considered as 'mods' :nurse: )

Last edited:

redsider

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Malacca
I just changed my abs (all 4), but can't remember the brand. I use GAB sport spring...and the result is...EXHILARATING! I love the feel when it comes to taking corners.

and of course, performance comes with cost. absorbers, springs and labour cost me RM1.3k. I just need to do some body work to the fender. need to modify the fender a bit because now the rubbers are biting the fender, especially when taking corners.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
icic...im good bro

ahaks...finally...true3 dcnf is good basis upgrade for a yet *untouched* engine......so how was the powah?must be nice...hehe...so any mod in the future to squeeze more juice from the GA?

still the same laaaa just getting more & more rusty....
Power its not mind blowingly different, it is much more torquey though haha. Mileage also much better than my previous. Of course got laaaa, money is the only one constricting, just like everyone else ahaha :rofl: . You want me to post the whole list of what I wanna do ah? Haha :driver:

Aiyo never touched anything? Why la? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Ah okay, so hows your engine while running full-synth? got makan engine oil or such thing?

Haha talking about uniqueness, the mech also said that sourcing parts for 4A-F is getting harder and harder these days.. mine is still not as unique as your ride bro :rofl: I saw a car like yours but grey in colour.. Some mods had been done to the frontal area so the bumper, lights and grill looks abit different, better than stock if i may say so..

Back to topic, mods on my AE92: just changed my absorbers last weekend.. Was looking for KYB hidraulic abs but there was no stock and ended up buying Grebber brand 50-50 gas n hidraulic.. The price was okay too, including installation, just below rm800.. so far so good.. ( i dunno if this could be considered as 'mods' :nurse: )
Nope, never. Well its been using full syn since day one so I guess thats why nothing ever happened to it... my dad has been maintaining it so far, now its passed on to me so yeh :smokin: .

Haha aiyo, every car is unique in their own way dont lah say your car not as unique as mine, paiseh hahaha :rofl: . Planning to mod your engine/swap it? Mmm yeh im thinking of getting a custom bumper later, but for now the standard one is just fine. Or maybe a B13 front, I dont know. The only mods I have externally is a AE92 scoop for air HAHA :rofl:.

Where is greber from ah? My dad's 2nd hand satria has those, but... I never heard of them :confused: .

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Power its not mind blowingly different, it is much more torquey though haha. Mileage also much better than my previous. Of course got laaaa, money is the only one constricting, just like everyone else ahaha :rofl: . You want me to post the whole list of what I wanna do ah? Haha :driver:

Aiyo never touched anything? Why la? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Nope, never. Well its been using full syn since day one so I guess thats why nothing ever happened to it... my dad has been maintaining it so far, now its passed on to me so yeh :smokin: .

Haha aiyo, every car is unique in their own way dont lah say your car not as unique as mine, paiseh hahaha :rofl: . Planning to mod your engine/swap it? Mmm yeh im thinking of getting a custom bumper later, but for now the standard one is just fine. Or maybe a B13 front, I dont know. The only mods I have externally is a AE92 scoop for air HAHA :rofl:.

Where is greber from ah? My dad's 2nd hand satria has those, but... I never heard of them :confused: .
haha okay, then your ride is unique-er :rofl:
no plans for mod yet coz im having prob with my 5th gear, it just kicks back to neutral when cruising on 5th.. still thinking wether to get a 2nd hand g/box or repair the current one.. that will easily cost around rm800++.. I dunno if the 6speed g/box will do any good with my stock engine..

Haha ae92 airscoop.. i prefer stock standard look, maybe crystal/smoked headlights ok lah.. nothing too much for my oh-so-stock ride :biggrin:

Greber is from German, and in Seremban only one shop was selling it.. so far the ride is abit on the hard side..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
haha okay, then your ride is unique-er :rofl:
no plans for mod yet coz im having prob with my 5th gear, it just kicks back to neutral when cruising on 5th.. still thinking wether to get a 2nd hand g/box or repair the current one.. that will easily cost around rm800++.. I dunno if the 6speed g/box will do any good with my stock engine..

Haha ae92 airscoop.. i prefer stock standard look, maybe crystal/smoked headlights ok lah.. nothing too much for my oh-so-stock ride :biggrin:

Greber is from German, and in Seremban only one shop was selling it.. so far the ride is abit on the hard side..
Wow. Have you tried changing the gearbox fluid? Redline claims it will stop kickback, im running that now in my g/box. If the 6 speed ratios are closer = Faster acceleration & better cruising speed right? But can it even fit? :rofl:

Oh I see I see. Yeah It's a bit firm. Haha I got the airscoop only for the weber, I've always wanted to run with err like those reverse vents you see on drift cars, I dont know what theyre called. :smokin:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Wow. Have you tried changing the gearbox fluid? Redline claims it will stop kickback, im running that now in my g/box. If the 6 speed ratios are closer = Faster acceleration & better cruising speed right? But can it even fit? :rofl:

Oh I see I see. Yeah It's a bit firm. Haha I got the airscoop only for the weber, I've always wanted to run with err like those reverse vents you see on drift cars, I dont know what theyre called. :smokin:
Naah my prob is way more serious than a fluid change.. Some internals need to be changed, the dog-gear or something, the thingy that makes the gear stay and not falling into neutral position..

Yeah C52 5spd and C56 6spd can fit.. but the ratios are very much alike: not much difference between the 4th gear in the 5spd than the 5th in the 6spd G/Box.. So i guess 6spd g/box got abit syok feeling and to make your left hand abit busy ( well yeah its busy most of the time actually :rofl: )

how are the vents connected under the hood, i always wonder what will happen if it rains.. reverse vents ey? to let the hot air out i guess right? i dunno what its called either..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Naah my prob is way more serious than a fluid change.. Some internals need to be changed, the dog-gear or something, the thingy that makes the gear stay and not falling into neutral position..

Yeah C52 5spd and C56 6spd can fit.. but the ratios are very much alike: not much difference between the 4th gear in the 5spd than the 5th in the 6spd G/Box.. So i guess 6spd g/box got abit syok feeling and to make your left hand abit busy ( well yeah its busy most of the time actually :rofl: )

how are the vents connected under the hood, i always wonder what will happen if it rains.. reverse vents ey? to let the hot air out i guess right? i dunno what its called either..
Hmm I see I see. Haha the ratios should be closer, hmm. Wonder whether anyone done that before?

Err mmm its a pretty big scoop, im just potong-ing a small hole, I hope the water wont go in HAHA but if my science works properly, it should stay nice and dry :idea: . Yup, my engine bay can get quite hot :rofl: .

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Hmm I see I see. Haha the ratios should be closer, hmm. Wonder whether anyone done that before?

Err mmm its a pretty big scoop, im just potong-ing a small hole, I hope the water wont go in HAHA but if my science works properly, it should stay nice and dry :idea: . Yup, my engine bay can get quite hot :rofl: .
Yeah, maybe if at all i have to change my 'box, i might just stick to 5spd.. Most probly i will just repair it.. maybe..

hehe risky man, but i've seen wira with evo style hood, with some odd-shaped holes directly on the battery area! but so far i haven't heard any complaints from the owner.. well i know that what ever is under your hood is definitely getting 'hotter'! :rofl:

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Yeah, maybe if at all i have to change my 'box, i might just stick to 5spd.. Most probly i will just repair it.. maybe..

hehe risky man, but i've seen wira with evo style hood, with some odd-shaped holes directly on the battery area! but so far i haven't heard any complaints from the owner.. well i know that what ever is under your hood is definitely getting 'hotter'! :rofl:
You can put water on your battery, i've washed my engine bay many times and sprayed the battery. Like my friends GC8 has a vent directly over the battery also, never had any electrical problems. THOUGH hydrolock through the carb, that im not sure :smokin: . Thats why im cutting a small hole, and also my bonnet tilts downwards, water should just go around the hole haha.

HAHAHA not now lah, old car, old engine, driver young only :biggrin: .

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
You can put water on your battery, i've washed my engine bay many times and sprayed the battery. Like my friends GC8 has a vent directly over the battery also, never had any electrical problems. THOUGH hydrolock through the carb, that im not sure :smokin: . Thats why im cutting a small hole, and also my bonnet tilts downwards, water should just go around the hole haha.

HAHAHA not now lah, old car, old engine, driver young only :biggrin: .
yeah i know, but the thought of water under my hood makes me worry.. I wash my engine like once a year only hahaha..

nvm, like they say, OLD is GOLD.. i love my 'rolla! :biggrin:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
yeah i know, but the thought of water under my hood makes me worry.. I wash my engine like once a year only hahaha..

nvm, like they say, OLD is GOLD.. i love my 'rolla! :biggrin:
HAHA WTH once a year only ah, give it a bit of love lah :biggrin: . Buy a can of degreaser, wrap all the wiring and wash!

I've yet to try a full clean engine bay wash, hope nothing goes wrong :idea: .

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
HAHA WTH once a year only ah, give it a bit of love lah :biggrin: . Buy a can of degreaser, wrap all the wiring and wash!

I've yet to try a full clean engine bay wash, hope nothing goes wrong :idea: .
Haha i sent it for washing for like a few months ago and one of my pulleys starter squeaking and it got louder upon acceleration.. But hey there is nothing a WD-40 can't do! :biggrin:

i just spray water on it sometimes, no chemical whatsoever.. :smokin:

ae92 corolla

Known Member
Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi sifu's and bro Ianz sorry to use this channel... as im new to ZTH...i came accross certain AE 92 parts. The price and details of the item are as follows :

Front bumper (Ori with spot light space) = RM 180
Rear bumper (Ori) = RM 180
Front Singal light = RM 70
Rear Light = RM 170

All parts are new. Is the price reasonable?

Kidnly reply me as im confused

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BUY F1 TICKETS AT PENANG ROADSHOW AND SAVE RM301

Specially for its F1 roadshow in Penang this weekend, race promoter Sepang International Circuit (SIC) will be offering discounted tickets as well as exclusive F1 radio headsets for fans to enjoy the 2007 Formula One Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix next month.

Purchasers for the first 500 Main Grandstand Lower Tower tickets, which are normally priced at RM1000, would enjoy a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience