Modify 1996 Wira 1.5 M carb

rails

Known Member
Jan 8, 2005
Hi folks,

i would like to seek all the sifus advice on a project car I am building.

I got a wira 1.5 manual carb in pretty good condition for a good price and would like to build a machine for spirited driving.

Do't have much budget to work on so the priority will be ride and handling, brakes and engine.

I don't fancy turbocharged engines but am keen on either working on the existing engine (port & polish, cams, weber) or dumping in the 1.8 liter engine from the GTi. Can someone advice me of the pros and cons of the above options?

In the braking area, does anyone know how much it would cost to replace the rear drum system to a disk system?

I was thinking of using the R3 suspension system to take care of the ride and handling part.

Any advice would be appreciated.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
dump in a 4g93 twincam will be better than modifying ur current 4g15p....
at least, u have a powerful base car to work with and progress from there....

braking... mayb u can get GSR brake set... remember to upgrade ur brake pump, brake lines, brake fluid, and brake pads...

not sure about R3 tuned suspension kit though... if u think it is suitable for u, go for it... if not, there are still lots of aftermarket products u can choose from... do survey and shop around for ur best choice... ask as many expert opinions as possible....

rails

Known Member
Jan 8, 2005
thanks skywalker.

Anyone know how much a 4g93 twincam cost nowadays?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yeah.go with sifu sky's option.

how much?not sure worr...not really familier with 4G family.:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi again,

ok now, we start with watermarks on window and windscreen...im not sure how this thing could happen, but i only know how to remove this kind of stain...

after treatment...

for best result, after this process, we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience