Modifications done to Inspira

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
K Wng - Kaki Motor: 4 - 2 - 1 Extractor cost me only RM380 + Flexible Hose - around RM400+. Power Zone is too too expensive! I have the same feeling about Open Pods, that is why I refrain from using it. Tuning is done my my buddy: So no cost!
Bro, for cams maybe you can try PZ cams....they have for Lancer
Cam spec and duration not sure, you will need to call them

icechong

Apr 12, 2004
with the free service voucher given by proton, there is no gear oil change. But it is not expensive. I did the flush plus petronas gear oil, only about RM50.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
with the free service voucher given by proton, there is no gear oil change. But it is not expensive. I did the flush plus petronas gear oil, only about RM50.
actually for free service given up to 50k km will cover the gear oil change also at 40k km

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I am getting piss off wt Proton Service ctr in USJ which is right next to my house: The earliest appointment available is 23/02/12. I need to do a 40K service. If gear oil change will help, I will be using a better gear oil like Torco soon. I cant remember, how many free service we have but surely I will not use Proton next time when my free service ends. Thanks for the tip that a change in gear box oil will help in gear changes. But still, I am worried that its really the sychomesh in 4th gear that is screwed.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
I am getting piss off wt Proton Service ctr in USJ which is right next to my house: The earliest appointment available is 23/02/12. I need to do a 40K service. If gear oil change will help, I will be using a better gear oil like Torco soon. I cant remember, how many free service we have but surely I will not use Proton next time when my free service ends. Thanks for the tip that a change in gear box oil will help in gear changes. But still, I am worried that its really the sychomesh in 4th gear that is screwed.
bro go to Eon for slightly better service and also they know more on mitsu/lgt items but then again for MT is the same anywhere.
yea better gear oil like torco etc will be much improvement but do complain to them on your gearing issues.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
I also using Torcp 100% Synthetic Racing Oil 75 W - 140 GL6, it cost me RM110 per liter. I bought it at Eneos. If you want I still have 1/2 liter, I can give you for free. My other manual has a LSD and needs a different grade.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Its ok bro: Most important, it solve my gear box problems ( I was getting a crunch sound when ever I don shifted from 5th to 4th gear). The problem became worse when the gearbox was hot after running on B roads where you constantly have to downshift from 5th to 4th gear.
Most racing gear oils also using 75 - 140 like Motul.
I prefer a oil having a wider viscosity, standard is 75 - 90. As the hotter your gearbox gets the thinner the oil becomes. And the lower index is still 75 W, so your gearbox will still be smooth to change gears in the early morning.
My gear shift is now very smooth.
I would recommend Torco as it is still cheaper than Motul.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro, i think we might not be on the same wavelength here. hahaha. i am referring to engine oil and you are talking about gear oil. no wonder the viscosity you mentioned is so much different from standard engine oil which is 5-15W 30-40. hahaha. any idea on which engine oil viscosity from Torco to go for? even their SR-1 range has many viscosity to choose from. lolz

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
O....sorry. I am still having the FOC stuff Proton puts in. But Yes, I will be using a good synthetic oil like Torco. I think for Engine Oils, I wont pay more than RM70 per liter.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i am using too the free stuff. but the problem is service interval is 10k and the oil is semi rated for 8k only. i m planning to bring my own fully syn oil there next time and take back the semi freebies.

theinspiratuners.forumer.com • Login
RM60-65 but no idea which viscosity to choose from. anyone got any idea or experience with Torco?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

halo, all sifu here, i wanna know wat 4G93p flywheel wat weight in stock? and wat weight lighten is suitable? or max weight lighten?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience