Mivec mods

jeheyr

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
Ampang Jaya
community.webshots.com
change to higher comp piston... and throw away you standard cam... put after market cam like jun for higher duration...
make sure your fuel system support the new spec...

is it possible to put 4g93 crank & rod inside your 4g92...?
wait someone to reply...
:biggrin:

YeS_No

Known Member
Mar 11, 2008
Try use
1) Camshaft Jun Type 2 spec (intake: 304 degree, 11.5mm lift)
-stock camshaft spec is (intake: 300 degree, 10mm lift),
-upgrading camshaft is a MUST for the biggest HP gaining in NA route.
2) Injector 275cc from Eterna TT @ pajero iO.
-stock injector is 240cc (not compulsory, need to check whether air fuel ratio is
sufficient with stock injector, 1 of my friends still remains stock injector and still
gaining 18xwhp from his 4g93 block)
3) Thinner Metal Head Gasket 0.4mm thick - Will raise up a bit compression ratio but
in return it will turn the engine easy to getting hotter. Advisable use the car for
weekend @ in town purpose only, dont take for long journey.
4) Extractor - Try use 4-1 custom extractor to get more gain on higher RPM since 1.6block is short
stroke rather than 4g93 block.
4) Management Microtech Lt-10s is the best for Mivec , or if you plan to use the car for daily use
perhaps to choose Haltech, much convenience on the road spec.

This is the biggest part to mod, not including Clucth set/etc.

Piston mivec, block, crankshaft keep remains for time being BUT trust me...after a while u will still need to change block into 4g93...the hunger for power will chasing u...hehe. Ive been through.:rofl:

roooon

Dec 5, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Try use
1) Camshaft Jun Type 2 spec (intake: 304 degree, 11.5mm lift)
-stock camshaft spec is (intake: 300 degree, 10mm lift),
-upgrading camshaft is a MUST for the biggest HP gaining in NA route.
2) Injector 275cc from Eterna TT @ pajero iO.
-stock injector is 240cc (not compulsory, need to check whether air fuel ratio is
sufficient with stock injector, 1 of my friends still remains stock injector and still
gaining 18xwhp from his 4g93 block)
3) Thinner Metal Head Gasket 0.4mm thick - Will raise up a bit compression ratio but
in return it will turn the engine easy to getting hotter. Advisable use the car for
weekend @ in town purpose only, dont take for long journey.
4) Extractor - Try use 4-1 custom extractor to get more gain on higher RPM since 1.6block is short
stroke rather than 4g93 block.
4) Management Microtech Lt-10s is the best for Mivec , or if you plan to use the car for daily use
perhaps to choose Haltech, much convenience on the road spec.

This is the biggest part to mod, not including Clucth set/etc.

Piston mivec, block, crankshaft keep remains for time being BUT trust me...after a while u will still need to change block into 4g93...the hunger for power will chasing u...hehe. Ive been through.:rofl:
Thank you sir for your suggestion.
so far I got a tri y header, CAI, exhaust VAFC, ITC.
Is the lt-10s a standalone ecu?

YeS_No

Known Member
Mar 11, 2008
Thank you sir for your suggestion.
so far I got a tri y header, CAI, exhaust VAFC, ITC.
Is the lt-10s a standalone ecu?
Yes indeed, with VAFC & ITC you already can play along with fuel & ignition same as Emanage. But then piggyback still have a limit to play along..Anyway standalone still the best option to maximize the potential of the engine. CAI is a worth Mod actually..good setup for started. I believe with this setup you already have 130-135whp.

But if your target to achieve 17xwhp above you still need to do a major mod which is Camshaft to get the big gains in HP & torq. If you cant adopt the Jun Type 2 you can try use Matspeed camshaft for MIVEC, Matspeed camshaft use regrind method which is enhancement only in duration of camshaft.

zharif syahir

Dec 31, 2012
Selangor
supposly you buy a black top 4g92 man, so your can is 180 no need to modified unless you want to become more powerful than stock engine.

YeS_No

Known Member
Mar 11, 2008
supposly you buy a black top 4g92 man, so your can is 180 no need to modified unless you want to become more powerful than stock engine.
Actually in terms of engine Blacktop or Silvertop exactly the same in output 175hp in flywheel but we need to realize that output number only apply in new factory car condition...meaning when its came to malaysia in halfcut that output number means nothing to us, we dont know how power left from the engine. example at my first experience changing mivec engine 1.6 and go dyno only get 123whp which is approx 150-160hp in flywheel....there is always power loss in olders engine. thats the reality.

as per TS intention is to achieve 17x on wheel which is around 200hp on flywheel. thats pretty high target actually but not impossible to achieve, ive also heard a rumors that someone has achieve that output numbers in 1.6 block. The highest mivec engine ouput i personally take a look at dyno Millenium is 196whp in block 1.8cc.

The different between Silvertop & Blacktop is Gbox blacktop is LSD and silvertop is non LSD and ECU silvertop 4828 and blacktop 7035, ECU 4828 was for the old mivec ....but while the stock still last there put in the remaining old stock and with the new ecu 7035 ...and the silver top with 7035 is the last at 1995-mid. So there is no major different between silvertop or blacktop.

roooon

Dec 5, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for all the inputs!
here's a progress of my build

CAI
Walbro pump
fuel lab FPR
Exhaust pipe 2.25
VAFC + ITC
Toda flywheel + organic clutch

Planning to buy an AEM EMS? Any inputs?

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
my suggestion is port and polish....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros....

just want some feedback from those who change their stock cam pulley to adjustables...

need to know if it has any effect, or not much at all in terms of performance...

thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience