500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
zeneger wat is japanese ferrari? NSX?
the last ride i saw u driving is e46 mah

ZeNeGeR

500 RPM
May 1, 2004
Visit site
no is a slow celica looks cool but slow car !!!!!!!!!! sure if my sti out sure long kai

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
speedking said:
zeneger wat is japanese ferrari? NSX?
the last ride i saw u driving is e46 mah
lat kiok, its E36 lar....not E46.....

QuarterMile

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
Helo Zeneger,

Are you resuming your post as Mivec President...hehe.This thread looks dead without the presence of the advisor.

I got one question, is the 1.8 mivec conversion worth it?

Regards

ZeNeGeR

500 RPM
May 1, 2004
Visit site
Yes quatermile is worthy to go for u will gain alot low end torque when ur mivec kick in u can feel totally different ....... never regret i still remember that experience nice.. is cheap investment labour around rm400 for changing block...
1.8 block cost around rm600

QuarterMile

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
Zeneger,

Where did you get your conversion done? 4G?

Is there anybody with a 1930cc highcam mivec here,i wanna do that just need to know more info bout the powah!!

or should i just add a snail?

regards

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
K.L
erm..is depends on the car setting..i can say ur torque will b improve..tis is wat i experience..snail or not is depends on ur budget..

QuarterMile

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
Hi all,

Its sad to say that we,the MIVEC gang never seem to reveal any dyno charts to support our 1.8 conversion. So far after reading most of the 1.8 conversions done, I still dont have any idea how much hp and torque it will produce.

Hopefully one day i could post my dyno when i get it done.Still checking out which workshop to do this conversion.Any recommendation guys?

ZeNeGeR

500 RPM
May 1, 2004
Visit site
i did dyno before wat 158 bhp during 1.8 mivec.. there is alot room to improve in terms of tuning !! if good tuning without use standalone i think can reach around 168bhp with minor modification u definately need campulley to push the low end torque to higher end

advan mivec is fastest in town ask him about hi cam...

MY sti stil not out until i sell my celica damn hard to sell lei

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
i did dyno before wat 158 bhp during 1.8 mivec.. there is alot room to improve in terms of tuning !! if good tuning without use standalone i think can reach around 168bhp with minor modification u definately need campulley to push the low end torque to higher end

advan mivec is fastest in town ask him about hi cam...

MY sti stil not out until i sell my celica damn hard to sell lei

wont mah.....u sell me cheap cheap 50%........i buy from u.....
how? :_:

kevinn7

Feb 28, 2005
Hi brothers of 4G92 MIVEC! Just wondering what engine oil do you guys use? I'm currently using the HONDA VTEC LEV 15W40 Semi synth. oil. Any adivice? Also anyone here have managed to solve their tappet noise after using a certain type of oil? What did you guys use?

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
Hi brothers of 4G92 MIVEC! Just wondering what engine oil do you guys use? I'm currently using the HONDA VTEC LEV 15W40 Semi synth. oil. Any adivice? Also anyone here have managed to solve their tappet noise after using a certain type of oil? What did you guys use?
mivec tappet noise can be adjusted wat....unlike those 4G9* DOHC heads where it cant be adjusted......

joe_mivec

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
PENANG
mivec tappet noise can be adjusted wat....unlike those 4G9* DOHC heads where it cant be adjusted......
are u sure others than mivec eng. cant be adjust tapet clearance? any eng. should hv adjustable tapet clearance skrew at the end of rocker arm...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i am now driving a 4G93p engine,
matspeed cams 272 both intake and exhaust,
mivec throttle , and bla bla bla

any BIG BROTHERS out there can give me advice, what piggyback , management should i install......
of course with a good price as in FUNCTION+GOOD PRICE... and worth buying...

of course emanage ultimate is much more expensive compared to the blue thing... is it worth the money ?

at the end of the day ,... where would be the best place to do it (install + tune+future...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience