Mildly modded skyline GTT as daily driven car?

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
for clutch u need to try and THAT Particular clutch thru traffic jam or at least start stop traffic, a friend of mine use HKS triple plate..people from outside think that he cant balance clutch like tunggang kuda haha

grayfox

Sep 5, 2010
Kedah
im running on manual R33 GTsT daily..kete pi pasar also using this, full tank can go arnd 350km+-, nowadays full tank is arnd rm120+- as ron97 is getting pricey.. deymn...

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
im using my r32 on daily basis. fuel about 400 to 500km per full tank running on ron 95 ( tune pfc for it).. no problem at all

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
hi fellow enthusiasts....

its me again... been looking for a good GTT and damn, it really takes a lot of time and effort...

as i read from the forums, it mentioned that an AUTO GTT cant take Apexi PFC as replacement ECU... anyone can verify this? and if the car were to be pumped RON95, the stock ECU will automatically retard itself incase of knocking?

the car that i am looking at is currently a Auto GTT, only mods will be the HKS open pod, straight flow exhaust and a FATT Timer... kekeke.... since the previous MT GTT didnt materialised, and taking all considerations, decided to go for AT.... wifey need to drive as well... no choiice... hahahah

pls advise!! thanks!

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Yes Power FC does not work with the slush box ER34s. Some stock auto GTTs are running on RON95, they didn't report in any issues. I'll stick with RON97. :biggrin:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
a friend bringing in NISTUNE , a direct replacement for gtt ecu but fully programmable. can use on gtt auto.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
hi fellow enthusiasts....

its me again... been looking for a good GTT and damn, it really takes a lot of time and effort...

as i read from the forums, it mentioned that an AUTO GTT cant take Apexi PFC as replacement ECU... anyone can verify this? and if the car were to be pumped RON95, the stock ECU will automatically retard itself incase of knocking?

the car that i am looking at is currently a Auto GTT, only mods will be the HKS open pod, straight flow exhaust and a FATT Timer... kekeke.... since the previous MT GTT didnt materialised, and taking all considerations, decided to go for AT.... wifey need to drive as well... no choiice... hahahah

pls advise!! thanks!
PowerFC won't work with auto cars as mentioned by the rest. Namely because I think auto ECUs have to be able to manage the countless points at which the gearbox changes up or down and then retard ignition timing accordingly. Basically replicate a manual driven car with foot off throttle when clutched in to change gear and mimic that in addition to managing the tuning aspect of the car's engine. And for that the PowerFC isn't capable I guess.

I can't really say I know much about tuning but someone here could. I have a few books on tuning but they ran away from home :hmmmm::biggrin:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
well u cant either buying from ausi nistune, or go to UMS puchong to order

fokyerdoder84

Known Member
Feb 4, 2008
johor
i use GTT manual daily..around RM50 per week of 40km daily driving..standard everything..the key is not to go to "boost rpm" (when ur turbo start spooling) everytime

for daily driving i used ron95 no knocking whatsoever..some people say we need to avoid it bt i think Rb25 can use ron95 and above in standard form.

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

ohh btw, skylines have big fueltank

How come JB monster:adore: drink only 50hengget per week??? Cabutttttttt!!

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Please avoid RON95. Crap fuel we getting here. Equivalent to RON92. We tried tune a car for RON95, it is possible but can really see the knock values higher than expected.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I drive a quad plate and although it's not a daily driver, I don't see why it can't be driven daily if need to. I've driven it to work and back a couple of times including after office traffic jams and stuff (Klang to UMMC) without breaking a sweat.

It's an OS Giken quad plate which is as light as OEM I might say. Had an HKS twin plate which was a bitch to drive in traffic jams though others may be okay with it.

So it depends on the brand/type of clutch as well as how u drive.

It is relatively cheap to daily drive a performance car (cheap means bearable, though u obviously can't compare it to a Myvi laa..). And like what V-Spec has mentioned, it gets expensive if u start to mod it.

Erm.. Why would u have a twin plate clutch? Buying a modded car I suppose? Be prepared to spend some for wear & tear mantenance.. Which may be just the regular fluid changes (engine, differential, gearbox oils, radiator fluids etc) or could include more expensive things like tyres, brake pads, engine overhaul etc).

I'd suggest those who intend to buy these cars to get a stock standard car if possible as maintenance cost would be fairly minimal and u don't get the bug to mod that quickly (maybe).

Good luck in ur search and hope u enjoy ur ownership of the Skyline. Join us on drives.. Which is almost weekly thanks to the cravings of our Ketua Darjah.. :rofl:
You're using quad plate? Never knew that bro. Can test around the carpark next time? Someone offered me a quad plate sometime back but I didn't dare buy it because even with triple plate my cousin broke his box what more quad plate. Rather run twin plates, and let the clutch take all the abuse rather than the box. But still curious how it drives lah. :driver:

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Please avoid RON95. Crap fuel we getting here. Equivalent to RON92. We tried tune a car for RON95, it is possible but can really see the knock values higher than expected.
i have to agree on that

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,
I have one question that I would like all Sifus to give their valuable inputs. I currently have this problem which I don't have a clue on what the issue is.
Here it goes....
1) What should be the voltage reading at idling?
2) What should be the voltage reading when you switch on your air-con + head lamps?
3) Will the voltage drop when the air compressor kicks in?

My voltage is ~12+ v before I start my engine. After I start my engine, the voltage will increase to ~13 plus...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience