Michelin Pilot Sport 3

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There's no such thing as more pressure is best or less is best. It depends more on your car. Better start from the recommended pressure from the car manufacturer then adjust from that, either add or reduce it depending on how you feel. Higher pressures usually reduce comfort and grip but increase fuel economy, while lower pressure increase comfort and grip (to a certain extent) but reduce fuel economy. As for tire life, it also depends on the tire compound and your wheel alignment, not just the pressures.
I normally add a 2-3psi from the recommended pressure, but again depends on how I feel when driving it. If I feel it's too hard then I reduce it back.
Spot on....:top:

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

that is why I am confuse here... more pressure or less is best for the tires? cause last time my Silverstone M5 tire I always put 34 or 35 psi and the mech check and he said that my tire became not even and the center like bengka and he said that this is cause by did not follow the correct pressure of the tire.. The Falken ZE I always put 31 and it last longer than I tough and the mech check that the tire is still good just is left not much treat only.
34 to 35psi maybe too high for that tyre, that is why wear in the center....

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

hmmm... ok than I will try to find the best pressure for my tire...
Yup, as mentioned by bro. 6ues5t, start with factory recommend pressure, then add 2psi and try. Not enough another 2psi. Too bumpy reduce 2psi and so on....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My mech told me that the air pressure at petrol kiosk is not really accurate since those machine we not sure how often
they service.

So he advice me to come to the workshop to refill air instead. Then I said okay. Since is free anyway :smile:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My mech told me that the air pressure at petrol kiosk is not really accurate since those machine we not sure how often
they service.

So he advice me to come to the workshop to refill air instead. Then I said okay. Since is free anyway :smile:
Is your mechanic's workshop near or far. If I have to go to my mechanic's place for air refill, my petrol bill will soar.....ha! ha!

You can:-
1. Get your own air pressure gauge
2. Pump at those digital gauge pump (I go Esso ones) so far quite accurate
3. Pump at station then check with mechanic's gauge see correct or not? If correct, just go back to that pump to refill.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Is your mechanic's workshop near or far. If I have to go to my mechanic's place for air refill, my petrol bill will soar.....ha! ha!

You can:-
1. Get your own air pressure gauge
2. Pump at those digital gauge pump (I go Esso ones) so far quite accurate
3. Pump at station then check with mechanic's gauge see correct or not? If correct, just go back to that pump to refill.....:driver:
Haha! Very near, about 5 - 8 mins drive :smile:

Ya, good suggestion to get air pressure, i usually pump at Shell station, digital one only easier
to use...those meter one i dunno how to use...:rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha! Very near, about 5 - 8 mins drive :smile:

Ya, good suggestion to get air pressure, i usually pump at Shell station, digital one only easier
to use...those meter one i dunno how to use...:rofl:
You mean the meter ones? Just turn the dial to your required psi on the dial, same as you would do as the digital ones you set the numbers, then pump until no more sound.....

For me I check air pressure when refuel.....two birds with one stone.....:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You mean the meter ones? Just turn the dial to your required psi on the dial, same as you would do as the digital ones you set the numbers, then pump until no more sound.....

For me I check air pressure when refuel.....two birds with one stone.....:rofl:
Ya, it is said to refill weekly, My factory recommended air pressure is 29psi but Mech recommended
me to pump 30psi better. So, I was like okay then, cuz he check with air gauge, the air pressure
in my tyres are not accurate.

Went to do alignment at that time...slightly bumpy with 30psi, compare to 29psi...:driver:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah! yours 1psi can feel the difference? Okay, your 30psi is cold pressure? Because recommend pressure at 29psi is cold pressure.
If you drive to mechanic or petrol station it can be 30 or 31psi already....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wah! yours 1psi can feel the difference? Okay, your 30psi is cold pressure? Because recommend pressure at 29psi is cold pressure.
If you drive to mechanic or petrol station it can be 30 or 31psi already....
Haha! Just saying :rofl: 1psi not much difference la. Im not that sensitive :rofl:

But the mech check the pressure was lower than what I pump at 29psi. So is lower than
29psi which I just only refill at night few days ago...

Hard to complain when the car is still in the workshop. :banghead:
Will be waiting for your feedback bro :smile:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha! Just saying :rofl: 1psi not much difference la. Im not that sensitive :rofl:

But the mech check the pressure was lower than what I pump at 29psi. So is lower than
29psi which I just only refill at night few days ago...

Will be waiting for your feedback bro :smile:
You drive to petrol station and pump 29psi, will be less when cold, because your tyres heated up already. Probably at your mechanic, the tyres cool down so when he measure will be 27 or 28psi only...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You drive to petrol station and pump 29psi, will be less when cold, because your tyres heated up already. Probably at your mechanic, the tyres cool down so when he measure will be 27 or 28psi only...
So, how do we actually get an accurate air pressure then bro? since cold or hot temperature of the tyres affect its pressure reading...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So, how do we actually get an accurate air pressure then bro? since cold or hot temperature of the tyres affect its pressure reading...
Depends whether you want very accurate or not?
If accurate, then get a gauge yourself and check early in the morning.
Why early in the morning? because even the sun comes out and shine on your tyres the pressure differs. Because they are black they absorb plenty of heat. I check before and can differ as much as 2psi....
What I normally do is set 2psi higher at petrol station. If want to use 33psi, I pump 35psi, therefore, it should be around 33 to 34psi....:rolleyes:

cfa

Jun 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
what i do is go to those housing areas with petrol station.
Park car and have breakfast / lunch
After meal, go to petrol station. That way, the tyres cool down and travel less than 1 km before reaching petrol station for pump
Do this like once a month or every 2-mts

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
what i do is go to those housing areas with petrol station.
Park car and have breakfast / lunch
After meal, go to petrol station. That way, the tyres cool down and travel less than 1 km before reaching petrol station for pump
Do this like once a month or every 2-mts
Park car in hot sun, the pressure also will differ.
One morning I tested on my car, morning sun shine on left side of my car. I touch the tyres and they were warm. When test with my gauge, the warm tyres higher by 1psi....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Tyre gauge not cheap, saw one of the michelin Man tyre digital gauge selling at RM42.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Firsly i am a noob here,just on the process of learning,my question is i am going to bot on my kelisa,so can a safc II,safc-neo or e-manage tune back my ecu after i bot?some people told me safc cant tune it back and told me to use e-manage,so i need sifu sifu out there to help me on this,really confuse on this,so sifu sifu please help a noob here thank you very much :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience