Merdeka Race

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Sep 2 2004, 02:44 PM
erk..?

SpeedWanker should be at the driver's briefing! :P he's one of the Team X1-R drivers, he's in the same car as Deanna Yussoff :)
That means during briefing dunno what he doin with Deanna ... B)

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
actually only a small handful of competitors were against the use of radios (because they didnt have em')..and alot of the other teams were FOR the use of radios... think... SIC and Jeff mentioned before that they wanna bring up the standard of racing in Malaysia etc etc blah blah blah...and so they allowed the use of the re-fuelling rigs this year...but no radios?? i thought MME this year was being run on FIA r&r?

oh well.....

AccordR

Racecraft Staff
Nov 18, 2003
yup, this year supposed to follow FIA ruling..... at first, Jeff said that this year cannot use non-fireproof karting suits and SIRIM approved helmets also not allowed, but then, during the race, so many people were wearing non-fireproof suits and local-made helmets..... :blink:

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Kenboy: are u adian's bro? ohh btw, I got 42nd overall and 12th in class C....car no 87 ( the one in pix taken by chooz )

MME 2004 Results

my best timing was 2:47 with ftz tire...

it wasnt a lucky race for me as my first experience in the first MMEndurance (ok forget it last year).
Broke left and right drive shaft..got into pit stop for 2 1/2hours. Ive learn my experience that never full blast the throttle esp in the middle turn 9 and 13....sigh...what a race. Yes, and i regret it was my mistake.guess i still need to do lot of research again.. :(

Accord: thats impossible for us including myself to get everything in FIA approved...meaning that rollcage also have to be in FIA ler...

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
no i am not adian's brother, but we are pretty good friends. and i was next to ur pit, in danville's pit - car no 82.

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
ohhhh it was u! hey what happened to mohan during qualifying??? We're running at the same time during Driver 3 qualifying and already saw him in the sandtrap at turn 12.I was behind him at that time..

congrats to your team...really envy with ur team management coz itz really organised... need to find other team though..

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Year in year out also say the same thing must be FIA this must be FIA that but in the end I think SIC close one eye otherwise I think alot of people out there might not be able to afford it, if SIC goes by the book. Infact they are risking being called up by FIA for being so lenient. So guys be thankful.
If you were to get to know the SIC people better they are actually very nice people.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Well like the saying goes if u have a 2 dollar head by a 2 dolllar helmet.
Raja Razman experienced getting burned in a kart suit a few years back in the MME......
Anyway next year they should be stricter during scrutineering regarding safety.... Coz the MME doesnt have a problem with race entries now.

AccordR

Racecraft Staff
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by sabelt@Sep 2 2004, 05:25 PM
Kenboy: are u adian's bro? ohh btw, I got 42nd overall and 12th in class C....car no 87 ( the one in pix taken by chooz )

MME 2004 Results

my best timing was 2:47 with ftz tire...

it wasnt a lucky race for me as my first experience in the first MMEndurance (ok forget it last year).
Broke left and right drive shaft..got into pit stop for 2 1/2hours. Ive learn my experience that never full blast the throttle esp in the middle turn 9 and 13....sigh...what a race. Yes, and i regret it was my mistake.guess i still need to do lot of research again.. :(

Accord: thats impossible for us including myself to get everything in FIA approved...meaning that rollcage also have to be in FIA ler...
you were also racing in class C? anyway, yes, even the fire extinguisher we had to go buy Sparco one this year, but that one at least they check ler, the suits all where they got check? wasted all our money on those expensive suits and helmet ler..... :angry:

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Hellooo extinguisher didnt have to be FIA lah. Just the correct chemical and size. Extinguisher everyrace, whatever race sure check onelah during scrutineering.

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by BabyGodzillaGTi-R@Sep 3 2004, 12:34 AM
Well like the saying goes if u have a 2 dollar head by a 2 dolllar helmet.
Raja Razman experienced getting burned in a kart suit a few years back in the MME......
Anyway next year they should be stricter during scrutineering regarding safety.... Coz the MME doesnt have a problem with race entries now.
That serves him right, so rich all the car single digit also cannot afford to buy decent stuff :lol: :lol: like we all poorpeople nevermindlah burn burn lah also no money to burn stay on this planet so long for what... :( :(

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
xxx,

not to say that everything must follow FIA rules, we are pretty aware of the cost of FIA regulated equipment.... but... What was said by SIC ppl.."...to advance the standards of Malaysian motorsports.."... they should have the experience and the COMMON SENSE to be able to decide on what should be allowed and what should not, to advance the standard of professional racing in Malaysia... Radios not allowed?? come on....... its one of the cheapest, easily accessible form of equipment that FIA allows to use... just cause a small handful of teams didnt have radios, doesnt mean you have to penalise the other teams.... if u didnt come prepared with radios, then thats your own loss... there are teams that haven run without radios and managed to finish the race.. sportsmanship...... if the other team has radios and you dont...it doesnt matter, next time come prepared..correct?

Just my 2 cents and sharing..... everyone's got their own views on things..

cheers!

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Demon

I know what you mean, Ive been in this scene for abt 15 years now and I would say that there has been tremendous improvements, during the BT3 times things were much much worse. Anyway back to the radio thingy blame those 3 idiots that objected..where was their sportsmanship?. I shook my head in disbelief when Jeff asked again if anyone objected and they raised their hands, the first time they objected we thought they were joking but apparently they werent.. If Jeff were to back out and not do as said then where is his integrity, at least they were still willing to listen and relented and let class A & O use it where you must admit are the richer teams, where else C & B are more on the budget racer type.
You want to talk fair, The Amprex Lambo was a sure win but bcos Team Lotus objected on gear changes they could not complete the race.
The Lambo's gearbox can only be fixed by the factory in Italy so how do you expect the team to fix it. They were caught in a dilemma but what did they do, they went ahead and did what they were supposed to do...Race..no complains...and the amount they spent on that race is what me and you can use for .......................................
Anyway like you say its your 2 cents and Ive just added another 2. So that makes
our 4 cents worth of bandwidth used to this thread.

Cheers to u too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In the same event, Bermaz Motor also introduced a diesel option for its mid-size crossover, the CX-5 SkyActiv-D.

What's the deal?

Like the Mazda6, this new CX-5 SkyActiv-D is also equipped with Mazda's super-efficient and environmentally-friendly diesel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience