Mercedes Kaki..

joomba

Known Member
Mar 30, 2004
aloo.. any mercedes kaki around?

wanna talk bout merc maintenance for w124...

ckbenz

Apr 17, 2004
mine not quite a w124, is a w202 mercedes C200 Elegance 1997( pre faceift model) with upgraded 17 inch advangarde( polished) rims, respray bumber to make it body colour coded( ala advangarde style) and the HID xenon headlight!

done 90,000 odd kms til now

pretty darn solid car i must say <_<

cheers

joomba

Known Member
Mar 30, 2004
howz the maintenance aa.. like any parts break down etc..

i'm thinkin of the 300CE model.. know of it? quite a few around ere..

JiMaN[KilleR]

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Mine is the W124 260E.. converted to E280..

17 inch AMG wheels, AMG lowering coils, K&N, MOMO steerings..

engine running good.. quite a thirsty engine... but.. at the end, all make sences..

puffcurry

Known Member
Dec 2, 2003
Ampang,Kuala Lu
profiles.yahoo.com
:D 300CE us the best buy of the W124 series...

its a collectors item, expect to pay for a 'ok' conditioned in the regions of Rm70K and Rm100++K for a well-kept one...

maintenance wise is the same as any other mercs...its prcier but worth every damn cent..300CE's parts are on the expensive side as it is quite hard to come by but this car will rarely give your problem if its well taken care off....besides for the same amount of money, a waja cannot give you the same First Class Treatmnet from the any hotel's doorman...hehehe

CBT did a review of this particular model few months back, look it up and email the guys at CBT for details..my CBT issue on 300Ce must be in my pile at home rite now...so need to look for it...anyways

go for it! its an excellant buy!!

joomba

Known Member
Mar 30, 2004
yup.. i agree dat 300ce would give class n would be an excellent buy.. recently saw 2 230ce cars goin on sale at motortrader.. 65k n 70+k.. smaller engine but lower fuel consumption + lower road tax..

u think the price could rise again sumtime later.. say 10yrs? ;)

S

skyline86

hello guys, im new to here...
i own a W115 200, bit old model but mod....
hm....lowering, 280s auto transmission, euro signal, 280s front bumper, W123 spring + shocks, 17" DTM Hockenheim Y style... thats all...

for my opinion... If the Merc Logo still there... its a good car :lol:

panda

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
www.empireshowbiz.com
skyline86...I have a W123. I always liked classic Merc cars. Where are you located?. Perhaps we can meet up and chat more. I'm in Damansara area.

S

skyline86

Panda, my location is Subang, i play some others classic car as well, Merc i got
another S280 manual, 1980, and i got another fren which driving W123 as well... there is a member in my team driving "Batman Merc-1959".... u can join me anytime for TT.

panda

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
www.empireshowbiz.com
Yes...classic Merc parts not easy to get nowadays...but not all the parts lah. Used Steering box very hard to come by especially in good condition. Bad condition ones of course lah plenty in kedai potong.

I heard that you can still get parts for Merc cars up to 50 years old...but you'll have to import direct from Germany for certain parts.

Those W115, W116 are just about the type that will fall into the 'very hard to get spare parts' Merc..at least in Malaysia.

So sad...coz they are really 'chun' to my eyes.

ckbenz

Apr 17, 2004
old school mercedes hang out? when? can i join?
too bad i sold my 220 w115, but still keeping the w202 c 200. am i eligible for that?

panda

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
www.empireshowbiz.com
Ok..let's have a meeting for Mercs kakis. I propose a central area like Atria complex...at night maybe 8.30pm or earlier also ok.

How many are interested?.

panda

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
www.empireshowbiz.com
hehe..my W123 lagi old!. BUt I really love the car. I've driven a Cefiro A31 for 2 days. The feeling is so different. The Cefiro is no 'Proton milo' type of car....but the feeling of the car is just not solid when I drove it when compared to my W123.

Sure...the Cefiro has the RB20DE and 6 cylinders and 24 Valves...but it does not feel good once you're used to a Merc. Even an old Merc. Know what i mean??.

Really, now I know why so many people are still maintaining their trusty old Mercs and refused to sell them.

OK...Xpression...ATria Complex is very near Kelana Center Point. Or maybe you can call me at 016- 2830765...and I'll direct you there.

Sadly...there aren't many Merc kakis that are keen to meet up. Wonder why?.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Engine HeadCover

Check this site out
http://www.geocities.com/r3dfire/DIY_engineheadcoverpaint.html

Its about painting the Engine's headcover.
I know this has been brought up before but I thought why not show again with extra details and photos.

I will be putting up the next DIY instructions a few days later which is the see-thru fuel cap cover. I did this on my '97 Hyundai Accent a few months ago.

More photos (and) instructions of other DIY's coming....soon as...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience