Mercedes CLK 200: Exterior Correction and Interior Protection

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Hello all, just sharing my humble work :)

Mercedes CLK200, Meguiarized, Duraglossed and GTechniqazised.

The car has obviously been polished by the dealer as the paintwork was slick and looking pretty glossy upon arrival! Looks can be deceiving, let’s wash the car first and we shall see.

Upon arrival,

First up were the wheels, wheel well and tires. These were all cleaned with Osren Multi-Clean and their new product, Degreaser FX.

Bodywork is washed with Osren Bubble and Wax shampoo and smoothened with Osren Magic Clay Cloth. After rinsing, the whole car is given a once over with Carmate KK128 Iron Remover Shampoo, couldn’t see any iron particles being dissolved though, just an extra step.

With the paint squeaky clean and make up removed, we can now see how her bare face looks like. Some general condition of the paint, the bonnet and rear boot were most severe.

Paintwork Correction Process:

1) Compound with Meguiar’s #105 Ultra-Cut Compound / Lake Country 4-ply twisted wool pad / Rotary @ 1200~1500 RPM

2) Polish with Meguiar’s #105 Ultra-Cut Compound / Lake Country Cutting Pad / Rotary @ 1200~1500 RPM

3) Polish with Meguiar’s #105 Ultra-Cut Compound / Meguiar’s W-8006 Polishing Pad / Dodo Juice DA @ Speed 5

4) Finish with G|Techniq P1 Nanoscopic Polish / Meguiar’s W-8006 Polishing Pad / Dodo Juice DA @ Speed 5

‘Before’ and ‘After’ photos below:

After correcting the paint, all the masking tape were removed, car is rinsed down to remove all polishing dust, re-washed with shampoo and dried off.

Protection Stage:

1) Duragloss #601 Polish Bonding Agent / Microfibre Pad / Hand Application @ 25 RPM

2) Duragloss #105 Total Performance Polish / Lake Country CCS Black Finishing Pad / Dodo Juice DA @ Speed 2

3) G|Techniq C2 Liquid Crystal wipe-down prior to collection.

While the sealant was drying, I tend to the interior. It was previously detailed on a previous date, so just some touch up needed.

Interior Process:

1) Cabin vacuumed
2) Mats vacuumed and re-applied with G|Techniq I1 Smart Fabric
3) Leather seats re-applied with G|Techniq L1 Leather Guard
4) Glass wiped down with damp waffle weave microfiber.

Rim Protection:

1) G|Techniq P1 Nanoscopic Polish / Foam Applicator / Hand Application @ 15 RPM

2) G|Techniq C5 Wheel Armour

With the interior settled, the sealant is wiped off and the paint said “Who’s got bling? Me!”

As you will see in the photos, there were quite a lot of Random Isolated Deep Scratches (RIDS) that weren’t fully removed.

Tires dressed with ArmorAll Original.

Let’s get photographfunky!

Thanks for looking!! :ciao:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
mama miaaaa epic correction! well done!! another road worthy car in m'sia!

dro

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
great job there mate
luv the work
keep it up :thumbs:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Great work..

azlan87

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
kajang,pj
WOW!!!
superbly done bro... :adore:
really admire ur hardwork...
wish i was as 'rajin' as u are... can i pay u to do my cars? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
Wow, wash 1 car take who day man (see the 1st pic is daylight and the last pic is dark already). :adore:
but see the result is very worth and satisfaction.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
another great posting buddy & admire your pics too

both a great combinations

come on more buddy

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Wow, wash 1 car take who day man (see the 1st pic is daylight and the last pic is dark already). :adore:
but see the result is very worth and satisfaction.
Haha is actually two days... morning of the first day and night of the second day

:)

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
I always envy to the person who have this skills! Haha. Its a definite great work!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xOZNsSWcWDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mazda is set to launch it's compact SUV, the all-new Mazda CX-5 compact crossover in 2012. It is the first SUV of its kind to feature the SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY engine technology. The SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY has one of the highest engine compression in history of 14.0:1. It is also one of the cleanest in the Mazda stable. Mazda has a new design theme, called the 'KODO - Soul...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience