MegaLAP Time Attack Series Round 1

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site

The boys at Ignition.My and Race Craft Academy will be bringing you the MegaLAP Time Attack Series, beginning with Round 1 tomorrow (26th February 2012) at Sepang International Circuit. Following the success of the Saturday Night Fever (SNF) racing series, the boys have come out with another exciting series for both Malaysians and Singaporeans alike.

The MegaLAP Time Attack series will introduce the drivers to the time attack challenge, similar to Zerotohundred.com's Time to Attack series last held in 2010. MegaLAP will also have a Malaysia vs Singapore challenge trophy as competing participants tally up their cumulative points to see which country rules in Sepang.

With the provisional entry list already out for tomorrow, expect a wholesome of time attacking by awesome cars from R35 GT-Rs to Evolution Xs, as well as 2 Honda CR-Z hybrids. The Prince of Drift will also make an competitive appearance with his left-hand drive BMW E36 M3 while Spark Motorsports of Singapore will be defending their Open Spec wins in the MegaLAP Preview Round last December.

Renault Sport is proudly one of the sponsors for MegaLAP. Renault Sport is the motorsports and performance brand of Renault cars, brought in and managed by TC Euro Cars Sdn Bhd and is responsible for revered hot-hatches such as the newly launched Renault Clio Renault Sport 200 and the popular Renault Megane Renault Sport 250. Their involvement in MegaLAP is to increase the awareness of the fiery Renault Sport line-up by supporting exciting activities within the market-segment that would find Renault Sport vehicles a serious choice of performance car.

DragStar Performance Centre located in Aman Suria is also another proud sponsor, and currently sponsoring the Pro Spec category. They are a distributor and retailer to various brand names of performance products for the sport compact market industry, including Carillo, JUN, Quartermaster, and Quaife and their involvement in MegaLAP is in line with their objective to become the most premium sort out destination in providing performance and quality parts.

Another surprise (perhaps not so surprising to those in the know) is the Westfield sportscars making a competitive appearance in MegaLAP as well. Brought in by HICOM-Potenza Sdn Bhd (HPSB), they will be competing in a Westfield AeroRace to showcase the capabilities of the car and get people abuzz by the brand. HPSB is a joint venture between Hicom Holdings Bhd and Potenza Sportscars Ltd, UK, the distributor of Westfield sportscars.

Another worthy mention is the Malaysian Silvia Club who will be sending a couple of cars to compete in MegaLAP as well. The club is supported by the local garage Pitworks with its members both competing in MegaLAP and the Cyberjaya X Gymkhana Challenge 2012 (Round 2) in tribute to a fallen comrades in a motor vehicle accident not long ago.

MegaLAP will have 5 main categories; Clubsprint Spec, Pro Spec, Lotus, Open Spec and Outlaw Spec with semi-slick tyres enabled for use in all categories except the Clubsprint Spec. The rules and regulations follow strict World Time Attack (WTAC) guidelines in order to bring Malaysian time attack events such as MegaLAP to a global level.

Are spectators allowed to watch MegaLAP? The answer to that question is definitive YES! MegaLAP spectators watch for free as this will encourage the development of motorsports, more specifically time attack events and we do hope to see you in Sepang tomorrow.

MegaLAP Time Attack Series Round 1, Sepang International Circuit
Date and Time: 26th February 2012, 1pm to 5pm
Spectator Charges: FREE (RM10 for parking)

Official MegaLAP website: MegaLAP Time Attack
Official MegaLAP Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MegaLAP-Time-Attack/278356075517823
Ignition.My website: Ignition.My | Real Driving Activities by Real Drivers!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, need some input.
I might be able to secure one unit of Isuzu Trooper with G200 petrol engine foc as the owner are letting go few rides which he no longer uses.

We have seen the car and from what i see, it still can be put back on the road. Its an old Isuzu trooper, 2.0 petrol, 2 door model. Too bad i did not take any pictures when we (my lil bro, my dad and myself ) went to have a look at the car.

I am not worried at all about the engine (despite being parked for abt 7 years ) as...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience