Mega Gathering 2011

When should this year's Skyline Mega Gathering be held?

• Saturday, 15 Oct 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, 11 Nov 2011 (?!!)

• Some other date (it's too early to decide, let's discuss further)

• Total voters

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
october would be to close..we need proper planning etc..i would say on november ok or we push after november...

need to find sponsor lagi i.e JDM Auto Link hehe, maxis, iHeal etc...:biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
No, by right Tan Chong/Nismo should be roped in to sponsor.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Sounds like Fun!! Will Camp here and will surely be there to shoot photo...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Tentatively, the people who came to Putra Heights yesterday have put forward the following suggestion:

Skyline Club Nationwide Mega Gathering 2011

Date: 11 and 12 November 2011
Who is invited: ALL Skyliners in Malaysia and their family
Activities: Time attack (?), Waterpark (family), BBQ, skinny dipping (for JaHaX and Blood Red)

It is an overnight event however I think it's possible to have the main gathering on Saturday (11 Nov) and then who wants to leave can do so by nightfall perhaps after BBQ and then those who want to spend the night can do so and leave at their own pace on Sunday (12 Nov).

Again just a suggestion made by those who attended last night's meeting. Accommodation will be in the bungalows. Bring the whole family!

For joethurr and JaHaX, flavour of the week try limit to one scoop or max two lah in case extra hungry :rofl:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
As I have said it last night, I would agree to the suggestion made.. Mega Gathering on 11-12 November 2011 at A Famosa.

Convoy from KL (for those from KL) to A Famosa in the morning, then perhaps time attack in the afternoon then BBQ at night. Would be awesome!

Some suggested that we could have car boot sale as well which is a very good idea (not only by garages/shops but individuals also).

Car wash by bikini girls anyone? :biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
As I have said it last night, I would agree to the suggestion made.. Mega Gathering on 11-12 November 2011 at A Famosa.

Convoy from KL (for those from KL) to A Famosa in the morning, then perhaps time attack in the afternoon then BBQ at night. Would be awesome!

Some suggested that we could have car boot sale as well which is a very good idea (not only by garages/shops but individuals also).

Car wash by bikini girls anyone? :biggrin:
Who is going to approach A'Famosa management? It would have to be done very soon as it would coincide with school holidays.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063666989 said:
Who is going to approach A'Famosa management? It would have to be done very soon as it would coincide with school holidays.

Will be discussing tomorrow morning with MrNismo (can wake up aa bro? :biggrin:).

[PIMPIN], going uphill tomorrow tak? Don't think will rain lah.. today rained heavily already.. InsyaAllah.. :driver:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Will be discussing tomorrow morning with MrNismo (can wake up aa bro? :biggrin:).

[PIMPIN], going uphill tomorrow tak? Don't think will rain lah.. today rained heavily already.. InsyaAllah.. :driver:
Sorry bro didn't make it up. But did you and Yoong manage to discuss A'Famosa?

ello bros n sis...if nvr join u guys for outing b4 can bring car to join the gathering r?
skullfire, ALL owners of Nissan Skylines are welcome to join in along with their family, spouses and significant others.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063667755 said:
Sorry bro didn't make it up. But did you and Yoong manage to discuss A'Famosa?

Yup we did. As the dates are tentatively agreed upon which is 12-13 November (Saturday & Sunday) MrNismo will be checking witht he A'Famosa management for those dates.

That weekend will be the weekend after Raya Haji.

Suggested itinerary would be:

Saturday
10am Arrival at A'Famosa & Event Registration
11am Time Attack Practice Session
1pm Lunch
2pm Timed Runs
8pm BBQ & Prize Giving

Sunday
10am Breakfast & Teh Tarik before adjourning home

This is of course open to discussion although a decision may need to be made after raya for the committee to proceed with organizing the event.

I hope MrNismo can come out with a figure on the expected costs for each participant. I suggest the rest of the committee be involved in the organising of the event; though anybody not in the committee who is interested to help is definitely welcomed.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Yup we did. As the dates are tentatively agreed upon which is 12-13 November (Saturday & Sunday) MrNismo will be checking witht he A'Famosa management for those dates.

That weekend will be the weekend after Raya Haji.

Suggested itinerary would be:

Saturday
10am Arrival at A'Famosa & Event Registration
11am Time Attack Practice Session
1pm Lunch
2pm Timed Runs
8pm BBQ & Prize Giving

Sunday
10am Breakfast & Teh Tarik before adjourning home

This is of course open to discussion although a decision may need to be made after raya for the committee to proceed with organizing the event.

I hope MrNismo can come out with a figure on the expected costs for each participant. I suggest the rest of the committee be involved in the organising of the event; though anybody not in the committee who is interested to help is definitely welcomed.
Actually where does the time attack happen? What sort of course etc? Any details from past events like the one done my MLOC (or was it MEOC)?

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
MLOC did their gymkhana event at A'Famosa... There's a parkin' space for tour bus located behind the rows of the bungalow.... The surface is kinda uneven....

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

IIRC, the MLOC event cost RM5k or so thereabouts and included 3 bungalows or something to that effect. Anyway, I take it MrNismo is close with the people at A'Famosa?

MLOC did their gymkhana event at A'Famosa... There's a parkin' space for tour bus located behind the rows of the bungalow.... The surface is kinda uneven....
How was it bro? Any pictures?

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063668364 said:
IIRC, the MLOC event cost RM5k or so thereabouts and included 3 bungalows or something to that effect. Anyway, I take it MrNismo is close with the people at A'Famosa?

MrNismo knows them as he had handled the MLOC event as well as having had several drift events at A'Famosa over the years.

Will be tabling the costs soon. The bungalows are less than 1k per night each and can fit like 12 people (perhaps 20 if bunking bachelor style) and each has it's own swimming pool.

Actually I've been there and the bungalows are very cozy indeed.

And since the time attack event and the mega gath event would only be on Saturday, therefore the rent for car park space is half IIRC.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just woud like to know, (before I can offer help) : where exactly, and how big was the area required to be painted??, and why the area requires paint?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience