Mechanical problem hope u guys can help

spux

Jan 29, 2008
Hey guys,

My s15 had just developed a small mechanical glitch...

When da car is in stand still, it is sometimes difficult to engage the 1st / reverse gear. To make it engage smoothly, i had to depress the clutch and wait for like 2 seconds... then the 1st or reverse gear will engage smoothly.

Also, with some speed, da 1st gear will engage easier.

My mech had bleed da clutch oil twice.. and twice da problem was solve for 2 days before it happen again...

Ive also changed the upper clutch pump to R32 still same issue.

Im running on 6 speed manual with Exedy Hyper single clutch

Thanx guys

Madrocky

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I having almost the same problem too... hope some sifu can help.

Spux, try check out ur shift collar whether izzit worn out?

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Is it the same gear oil brand u use?density?Most common problem is :

1. Non suitable gear oil
2. Clutch Cylinder pump is hard to engage especially when change to racing clutch
(need bigger cylinder pump)
3.Trans mounting worn out

Other possibility gears worn out.... 6 speed quite fragile beyond 400hp above/drifting

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Nismo clutch pump will help?
There is a lot factor before i say YES can help. :) No point u change it if reallly ur gears is WORN out.

1. U need to change bigger Master Clutch pump too like our fren Spux frm BNR32 for better
WORK.(otherwise too,changing only master pump is useless wthout proper cylinder pump)

2. There is various type of clutch, for street btr stick wth single full round shape wth double spring rather than 3 spoke no/wth spring. 3/4/6 spoke type hard for normal user to meet the clutch point(no half clutch)

If u done above, u will feel lighter clutch pedal feel and easier to engage gear on low gear/jammed like OEM clutch does. :)

spux

Jan 29, 2008
Hey Kaminari and Madrocky,

Thanx for the advice, after a round of tuning and bleeding the clutch oil, my mechanic had manage to make the problem go away, but on extended drive, 100km or more, the problem came back again...

The car is being kau kau diagnosed now.. will update u guys soon

Thanx for the advice.

Spux

Madrocky

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Kaminari, thanks for the guide.... but i still understand abit only:hmmmm: I wan to change the gear how much?

Spux, keep us update.

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
Sound like it is the clutch master cylinder if the problem goes away each time the clutch is bled.
You can buy overhaul kits for the master cylinder and change all the seals inside, but I would check your slave cylinder also for leaks? Normally if the slave goes it lets go completely and you will have no clutch.
Have you checked your gearbox oil level? How long ago was the gearbox oil replaced?
As I said most likely clutch problems as it sounds like when you depress the clutch and wait a couple of seconds it is allowing the clutch to release slower than normal due to not enough throw of the arm.
My S13 was crunching into 5th with a brand new clutch and was fixed with clutch adjustment on the back of the pedal.

Good luck,
Turn1