Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda CR-Z

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
Mazda RX-8 or Honda CR-Z?

Which car you prefer to buy? RX-8 is around 85k - 100k while New CR-Z is RM115k.

Performance, interior quality, fuel consumption... suggestions?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
2 totally different category cars.
Perf: RX8
Quality: i dunno
Fuel comp: CRZ of course, RX8 is wayyy opposite.

wanna burn n go red: RX8
wanna save the planet go green: CRZ

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
like hachiroku clan said, both totally different cars.

If your reason for buying the CR-Z is because its "green" you're an idiot.
If your reason for buying the CR-Z is because its fuel efficient, look at the turbo diesels, almost as fuel efficient but with much more torque and power.
If your reason for buying a CR-Z is cause of the looks, well, one man's meat another man's poison, that's up to you to decide.
If your reason for buying the CR-Z thinking its sporty, well, the RX-8 is sportier (in terms of performance, not looks.)

The RX-8 is sort of a princess, she needs to be pampered and well taken care of. You cannot just start her to reverse out of the house for 2 feet and off the engine, she will manja and flood the engine. But, a rotary is a rotary, and nothing drives like it.

Fuel consumption is high though, on par with the likes of 350Z, Evo, Subaru STi.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
CR-Z for sure....heard some negative feedback on RX-8 before. About maintenance wise and FC

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
2 totally different category cars.
Perf: RX8
Quality: i dunno
Fuel comp: CRZ of course, RX8 is wayyy opposite.

gud advise bro....:wavey:

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

CR-Z for sure....heard some negative feedback on RX-8 before. About maintenance wise and FC
yes..that rite bro...:wavey:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
I think you should do the poll in between toyota prius, lexus ct200h, honda insight and crz lah.... more comparative . Btw, my suggestion will be CRZ...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i'd say..

RX8 body with CRZ engine :rofl::rofl::rofl:

hehe.. joking only.. don't shoot me :biggrin:

duhill

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
I am surprise to see the poll result. Thought many will prefer RX-8 over CR-Z. Although it is almost a decade old, the power is without doubt well recognized.

Checked out CR-Z at Honda showroom today, the interior kind of giving me a "plastic" feeling which make the car imperfect.

Hachiroku clan u did make a point:
If want greener go for Civic Hybird, Toyota Prius, or Prius C.

D7zul,
CRZ engine in RX-8 won't make RX-8 a Mazda. No Rotary no RX-8

VTEC LoVeR,
I compare these two cars because they are not really comparable and thought it would be fun to see the poll result.

Any more opinions regarding these two cars?
:driver::driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
hahaha.. i know sum1 will shoot me :biggrin:

anyway, a fren of mine own a rx7 with a toyota 2JZ-GTE engine

No Rotary, Drift ok je :biggrin:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
The only reason why I still keep my rx8 in stead of buying a CRZ is purely due to the FR setup on rx8. If crz has a rear wheel drive system, I'll trade in my car for it.

Power wise, rx8, crz, ft86 and etc all no need to compare. The summary is only 1 word - SLOW. Need at least a turbo kit in order to make it able to see the brake light of a sport cars for another 20 seconds before exhaust smoke also cannot smell.

Design wise, non of any stock car is consider nice before aftermarket bodykit installed (at least a lip). But for rx8, it does have a advantage for having 4 doors, where you can install full bucket seats and don't need to struggle for rear passenger in/out.

Maintenance wise, as long as not sending to the so call 3S center of official serbis center, the cost will be at least 50% cheaper. Basically you can say almost no different.

CRZ is still new and you don't know what will happen after 2-3 years. Who knows the balancing board for the battery somehow dead and leave some cells over discharge and cause over heat then start a fire while you take a quick nap on the highway (there are lipofe4 cell burnt although its design is not gonna start a fire in most condition). Only time can tell.

namakuAriff

Known Member
Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
rotary are meant for mens, while crz..hybrid??urghhh...everytime i see the car i always think someone old is driving that car, or racer boy wannabe...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi..wanna ask only..its that logic to trade in myvi se 2007 standard (auto) with myvi se 2009 model (auto)? coz i like the body kit yet i dont like to invest to modified bodykit and so on...just waste money rite?body kit overall i ask is 2k something...paint 2k something also...some accessories and leather seat maybe 700...so near 5k...if i buy myvi se 2009..i got abs, ori bodykit and all rite?if accident they put original body se..but if my myvi normal accident...if i change to body kit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience