Mazda Astina BG market value only RM3K? Insurance need help!!!

ymspsn

Aug 10, 2010
Penang
To all Mazda/Ford brothers,

Recently i caught with an accident in which my front and rear bumper is smashed. At idle during traffic jam, someone stupid swift hit me hard from the back and caused a chained accident. My car was towed to the "PAIM" workshop.. Yesterday i got a call from them saying that the insurance adjuster is claiming my car as a TOTAL LOSS (total write out)...

I just bought my ride Astina BG year 89 (Eunos 100 Japan Edition) six months back for RM10K.. Now the adjuster claiming my car as a TOTAL LOSS and only compensating me <RM3K as market value of the car.. WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! Anyone has any idea about this? i really love my ride.. i don't want to claim for TOTAL LOSS, but the repair cost would hit me hard too.. All this while i have been driving safely and till that morning the stupid swift crash into my car and now i have to pay >RM2K for repair or accept the TOTAL LOSS claim...

Anyway that i could claim for more/full insurance compensation for the repair? Please help!!!!! Thanks.. :)

Attachments

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
It doesn't look that serious for a total loss

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
sorry not much in put on the insurance part!!! but the car dont look bad to be claim a total lost!!!! i seen worst!!!! call the insurance company and find out more detail!!!

joshualee

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
my car ever kena more worst than urs.. but still can claim insurance without any problem.. there might be an error on ur insurance.. better call them and ask..

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
just claim the swift who hit you from behind

stan_76

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
when Insurance co evaluated the repair cost exceeds your car's market value, they would rather write it off and choose not to repair, subsequently declare as total loss. regardless of how bad the incident...
sorry to hear that bro, one suggestion, see if you can buy it back from the Insurance co after they have pay out. and repair on your own.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Wonder how they survey the market price of RM3k ..

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Insurance company damn sucks 1 la .. my 1991 corona also 5.5k only .. stupid insurance no brain

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
this is how they make money mah...but 3k is a little absurd!

u should just claim from the swift's insurance cos he bang u...

the chick from the swift ar? wasted u never take the foto higher...

AE75

Known Member
Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sad to heard of that.

But I kena lagi kau lat... I newly brought a P. Savvy R3 ver. year 08, but year 09 the car was stolen. Then they claim as total lost as usual, but when receive the offer letter... I'm seriously piss and shocked that they only offer me RM19,800 for 1 year car where the new car was RM 40k+, and the issue value also 40+k... after few appealing letter had been sent, but still no answer! And at last, because of need to take another car loan fast, therefore I'm been forced to accept the offer letter. It is totally idiot isn't it?

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
insurance company are idiots,
today i just do survey in mudah.my
my car all selling around 18k - 22k
when i insure my car, they said ur market value only 13k.
if really hit an accident, or total loss, i think they pay 10k to me only. damn idiot.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
insurance company all komplot and make a kill when it comes to insurance claim.......the repair panel then do lousy repair work and claim kaw-kaw one

That is why you see so many tom dick harry comapny all so damn eager to sell car insurance..Untung mar...

What to do?? We are all forced to buy insurance from them. Whatever the terms and condition that the company see fit....
I partly blame the G, for backing the insurance company, and not the poor malaysian at large

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Do anyone know anything about this powerzone LSD? Please give me some feedback on this item, reliability? Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience