matrix 1.6 revival

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
Dear all Hyundai sifus , owners and experts.

Greetings!

Im using a 1.6 auto, and as we all know,this car is blardy fuel thirsty.my nature of work requires me to go up down Genting Highlands kind of route alot. so u can imagine how bored am i when driving up, feels like riding elephant.

with age catchin up and being a family man, i got no choice but to stick with this kind of car at this moment, as my house parking area is vry restricted to have another lightweight, fun to drive car.

so, wondering now what type of engine that i can safely transplant according to JPJ ruling etc..

or to bolt on turbo [going uphil requires quite some revving, im afraid the durabillity will suffer]

NA path. only found some air filters, and custom made 4-1 extractor. 4-2-1 like doesnt exist,.plan to change d muffler to s flow type with ori piping as to maintain the acceleration.apparently, adjustable fuel pressure regulator or any piggyback fuel computer also not compatible with this car/ engine.had asked from some garage, they prefer not to do any PnP works etc on the engine, quoting it as weak and ask me not to waste moolah. and not even lighten crank pulley was found for this engine.

guys, need your advise please. as to date,80 % town driving with speed no more than 75kmh and 20% highway cruising at 100kmh, RM10 petrol covers approx 68km only.scarry.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Dear all Hyundai sifus , owners and experts.

Greetings!

Im using a 1.6 auto, and as we all know,this car is blardy fuel thirsty.my nature of work requires me to go up down Genting Highlands kind of route alot. so u can imagine how bored am i when driving up, feels like riding elephant.

with age catchin up and being a family man, i got no choice but to stick with this kind of car at this moment, as my house parking area is vry restricted to have another lightweight, fun to drive car.

so, wondering now what type of engine that i can safely transplant according to JPJ ruling etc..

or to bolt on turbo [going uphil requires quite some revving, im afraid the durabillity will suffer]

NA path. only found some air filters, and custom made 4-1 extractor. 4-2-1 like doesnt exist,.plan to change d muffler to s flow type with ori piping as to maintain the acceleration.apparently, adjustable fuel pressure regulator or any piggyback fuel computer also not compatible with this car/ engine.had asked from some garage, they prefer not to do any PnP works etc on the engine, quoting it as weak and ask me not to waste moolah. and not even lighten crank pulley was found for this engine.

guys, need your advise please. as to date,80 % town driving with speed no more than 75kmh and 20% highway cruising at 100kmh, RM10 petrol covers approx 68km only.scarry.
you can try transplant it to Mitsubishi 4G93T GSR..
but later got problem to sell back your car..

yes, you can try to Bolt On Turbo,
durability issues can be solved by playing with low boost and proper tuning..
you will find out how easy your car climbing Genting.

if you want to play n/a..
a proper 4-2-1 will improve your low end and mid range powerband
4-1 extractor is more concentrate to high end powerband.
you can try to install electronic fuel regulator by RS Dynotune, Puchong.
i heard it improve hp and torque.

RM10/68km.. i think that's quite reasonable for an 1.6 AT..
mine 1.6 RM10/50km.. 80% town.. :stupid::banghead:

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
hi,does mitsu engine can go in withoutmuch modification on mounting etc? using old version or newer 1 aka CK, GSR/mivec terbalik? what about GDI turbo? cheaper compare to normal GSR :smokin:

Ipoh here, hard to find ppl BOT for this kind of car, here most of them still prefer engine transplant. if matrix only able to take in old GSR not ck, then very much likely BOT weigh heavily in my mind.

4-2-1 for this car is almost impossible to find, only found some 4-1. but compare to stock,i believe 4-1 still offer improvement across the rpm, and more on top end?

and yes, heard bout rs dynotune too. seems not bad. if im going NA, once done I/H/E only go to install it. This car is my daily drive, so either way it will stay with me for quite a long time.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
hi,does mitsu engine can go in withoutmuch modification on mounting etc? using old version or newer 1 aka CK, GSR/mivec terbalik? what about GDI turbo? cheaper compare to normal GSR :smokin:

Ipoh here, hard to find ppl BOT for this kind of car, here most of them still prefer engine transplant. if matrix only able to take in old GSR not ck, then very much likely BOT weigh heavily in my mind.

4-2-1 for this car is almost impossible to find, only found some 4-1. but compare to stock,i believe 4-1 still offer improvement across the rpm, and more on top end?

and yes, heard bout rs dynotune too. seems not bad. if im going NA, once done I/H/E only go to install it. This car is my daily drive, so either way it will stay with me for quite a long time.
everything can be done.. but $$$ is the main concern..
if u want to transplant the engine. find the engine that quite identical with your current engine.
if the timing belt position is on the left side.. find an engine that positioned at the same side.
that's to make sure you didn't have any problem as brake servo/pump clearance.
just my two cents.

if you want to stick with n/a.
find a k&n drop in filter..
find a good exhaust shop that can customize/calculate header and exhaust system for you.
just my 2cents. :adore:

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
found and fitted 4-2-1, engine check light on due to removed cat con.

i thought since the o2 sensor plugged on the header instead of after the cat, things shud be ok. its similiar to those campro exhaust manifold.

somewhere some guys mentioned to install dont know what so that the CEL wont appear. any idea?

and suprisingly the open pod worked pretty well. FC lowered during normal drive. now thinking how to route the CAI hose.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

Im looking at Clifford, Viper and Commando.
Most important feature for me is 2-way, shock sensor and starter kill.
I dont need remote start since its merely a luxury but not a necessity though the brands above carry this feature.

What d'ya think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience