Matching sports spring with stock absorbers ...appreciate feedback

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifus,

I am new to the car mod scene. So any advise and feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am actually planning to lower my car. Im driving a 408T. I manage to find a lowering sport springs that can fit my car. It is call H&R.

My question is:

Is this brand good?
How is the spring rate? Very hard?
Will is spoil my shocks? Coz i read earlier that if the springs is not too hard, it is still ok to the shocks.

You feedbacks and advise are greatly appreciated.

Thank you

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifus,

I am new to the car mod scene. So any advise and feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am actually planning to lower my car. Im driving a 408T. I manage to find a lowering sport springs that can fit my car. It is call H&R.

My question is:

Is this brand good?
Will is spoil my shocks? Coz i read earlier that if the springs is not too hard, it is still ok to the shocks.

Thank you
I think it should be fine. H&R is a world famous suspension brand, just like Eibach. Many Euro cars sport springs are made by this brand.

neo83

Known Member
Mar 9, 2011
Johor Bahru
the best is still adjustables.
local GAB or any other generic brand will do.
which one is batter HWL,GAB,Zerone??

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

So still best to either get a short stroke Absorbers like KYB RS or adjustables right?
is it KYB RS is adjustable?
or not..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

or not..
HWL for comfort, GAB slightly hard, no comment on zerone.

KYB RS is sport shocks non adjustable.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

or not..
KYB RS Pro is adjustables. KYB RS is just a sports absorber. Now got SR Series which is also sports absorber if IINM from KYB

Jul 5, 2014
hi bros,
need help.any suggestion adjustable for persona. hehe. is it ok to fit larger rim after adjustable installation.

tq

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Hi Sifus,

My question is:

Is this brand good?

Thank you
It will be stiffer. Depends on your tolerance, you may or may not like it. H&R/Eibach is best if paired with Bilstein B8 absorbers.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
i think maybe 17'.
If u are prepared for super hard ride and higher tyre cost then got for it.
With 17 rim u will have lower profile rubber which will makes the ride a but harder. Then the adjustable which is always harder than stock will makes it even harder.

If u dont mind it then go for it. Depending on your choice of rims, your can can look super cool and a bit underpower if u opt for cheap rim as they are heavier.

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
if eibach spring can masuk 2jari n comfortability acceptable for me because my accord n f30 use eibach..h&r 1 jari n stiffer..bcause h&r spring shorter..but theres some people complained bout h&r..they said sometimes they heard the spring like tendang when corner..

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
if eibach spring can masuk 2jari n comfortability acceptable for me because my accord n f30 use eibach..h&r 1 jari n stiffer..bcause h&r spring shorter..but theres some people complained bout h&r..they said sometimes they heard the spring like tendang when corner..
Spring tendang means it moves or spins on its mount.
I exp it before but with stock spring and absorber.
Solve it by removing the absorber, clean the mount bot on the top mount and absorber, clean the spring where it will sit on the absorber. Reinstall back.
Do not use lubrication fluid as it will make ting worse.

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
Spring tendang means it moves or spins on its mount.
I exp it before but with stock spring and absorber.
Solve it by removing the absorber, clean the mount bot on the top mount and absorber, clean the spring where it will sit on the absorber. Reinstall back.
Do not use lubrication fluid as it will make ting worse.
i know bro..but this is not the case that the spring masuk x ngam..it happens because of the spring is too short..if the spring masuk xngam it happens a lot to those who just changed their ori spring to sport..dat one because the pomen from hugo klang shop pasang..they usually follow their heart oni when pasang barang.. :nurse:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback and advise on the H&R. I think im ok with it being stiffer. But my concern is that it is too short to the extend that it expedite the reduction of the absorber's life. I understand no matter what springs, once you change springs, the absorbers life will be reduce. I just dont want it to reduce so fast. Hahahaha. So thats why i asked if H&R will match my car's stock absorber or not? =)

But now im abit concern coz of the spring tendang issue....Hmmmmmm

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback and advise on the H&R. I think im ok with it being stiffer. But my concern is that it is too short to the extend that it expedite the reduction of the absorber's life. I understand no matter what springs, once you change springs, the absorbers life will be reduce. I just dont want it to reduce so fast. Hahahaha. So thats why i asked if H&R will match my car's stock absorber or not? =)

But now im abit concern coz of the spring tendang issue....Hmmmmmm
Nope. H&R Springs are shorter than stock so your car will be lowered. It'll probably half the lifespan of your stock absorbers.

Suggest you look up Koni + Eibach Prokit as well. Koni has a pretty interesting valve system in their shocks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Planning to change to stock wood finishing to the carbon fibre type, any particular sticker that i should get ? Anyone DIY before ? Easy ? Hows the end product ? How much does this sticker cost ?

Info much appreciated !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience