Market Place - Pricing

Do you agree that Prices should be MANDATORY at Market Place

• Yes, I AGREE - IT'S MANDATORY FOR SELLERS TO PUT PRICING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No- the sellers can keep the pricing off the list. Mysterious sellers gives me an erection.

• Couldn't be bothered - I never buy online : online sellers are all cons!

• Is there a market place? I didnt know it??

• Total voters

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
I have thought of voicing this out for years. In my humble opinion, sellers SHOULD state the selling price. Why make consumers guess? Sellers should be confident about their products and pricing. Super markets and even online sellers at ebay and such has pricing. Why cant you guys? I am really fedup by sellers who are selling things without price and when you call, the price are like WTF level kinda high... it's a waste of my time.. and the sellers...

Please let me know what you think.

mutanX

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Sunway
agree...buyers keep on guessing..
i know they can PM but..if they don't know the pricing at 1st..
they can't do their budgeting..

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yup agreed. Save time in getting to know d price which sometimes eventually not really a good price :stupid:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
When you go papaya farm, are you given the price before squeezing the papaya for freshness?

I think this should be the approach. :idea:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
i agree indeed. hope that zth admin makes it compulsory to state the price of the item sold. it saves a lot of time and also gives the buyers a chance to compare prices before deciding.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I couldn't agree more to put pricing. Why waste people's time? Some sellers always insist to meet up first. What if the price is not at the range that they budgeted? Those sellers think that by meeting up, they can convince people to buy expensive price?

Don't waste time. Put price. If it fits the budget, people will arrange to meet up. Putting prices will also attract the right customers in terms of budget.

chc1980

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2006
i am an online seller, and selling since 2007.
In my experience, putting up pricing or keep the price a secret has both advantages and disadvantages, and also depends on what product he/she is selling.

Putting up the pricing vs without price
1. No seller want to do a losing business, we will get some people calling us and give bargained it to a ridiculously low price.
2. Competitors will try to match or sell at a lower price that the seller who put up the pricing, which is the main reason.
3. Potential customers call in and mentioned other sellers selling at lower price.
4. Chances are no body calling the sellers at all, because certain products are priced in such that may scare people away.
5. Malaysians want to buy things at low price with HIGH QUALITY. This will NEVER HAPPEN.
6. I have experience before with some time wasters buggers who simply SPAM my [WTS] thread with baseless remarks on my pricing.

Therefore if a seller post an [wts] item and tagged it with "Call for best price" tag line.

1. Serious buyers will surely call in to at least get to know the pricing. At least we know someone who are really interested would call in.
2. Competitors don't know what pricing or others who selling similar product. Makes the market more competitive.

3. Price fluctuates based on demand and supply of a certain product, therefore customers should know what is the latest pricing.
4. As a seller, the seller reserves the right to sell at whatever price he/she wanted as long as there is a will buyer and willing seller, a deal is concluded.
5. If buyer don't like the price, or don't see the real value of the product, for whatever the reason, he/she can walk away from the offer.
6. Being an ethical seller, the best practice is being polite, friendly, respectful and well mannered to prospective customers. Sometime I get some real nasty callers, in which I decided not to do business with them.

Now, certain products has a price range known as market price, RRP (recommended retail price), and being a seller it is important to be up to date about the market price, and the pricing we quote to customers should not stray too far from the market price.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
i agree indeed. hope that zth admin makes it compulsory to state the price of the item sold. it saves a lot of time and also gives the buyers a chance to compare prices before deciding.
stating the price has been made mandatory with the introduction of the the input fields (price/condition/made for, etc). However, some sellers easily escapes this with inserts "000"s or "call". We are looking for a better solution around this.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Well the poll speaks for itself...

Sellers - please put your freaking price up when u ARE SELLING YOUR PRODUCTS!

Buyers - for god sakes, dont call sellers in the middle of the night.. or text them in 2.00am - bro, product still got ah? can discount ah?

sigh...

chc: I know... but the seller should do his or her homework and put up an RRP. How the potential buyers nego from there that's up to them. Willing buyer willing seller but i do agree, there are some morons out there who think they can buy a ferrari for RM20.00 and nego RM15.00 for it. What to do? customer's always right.. u just say thank you, i pay u RM150 tomorrow, please buy me 10 ok? thanks.. LOL..

---

Tom - u put an auto-scripting tool ..whenever seller puts a figure 000 or 0.0 or ZERO ... a pop up windows will come up asking "Are u sure?" .. click YES or NO.. if No, then good lo.. go put actual figures... if YES, then click proceed to download disclaimer form - u include shit loads of malware and virus in that form .. .. kasi kao punya to the fella..

WAHAHHAHAHAHAH

MaQuereau

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
D'sara
it will be great if the real price is posted like RM1,500 rather than RM1,XXX.. then we still need to call to get the exact price.. giving a figure clue doesnt make much diff

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
with price is something very logic....i second that...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
stating the price has been made mandatory with the introduction of the the input fields (price/condition/made for, etc). However, some sellers easily escapes this with inserts "000"s or "call". We are looking for a better solution around this.
yeah tom, i guess many sellers are getting away with it. u should seriously consider BH's suggestions. jk jk. not to the extent of having malwares and viruses. maybe something like u cant post without a valid figure there. i dunno what u call it. u know at times when u r asked for the email address n if u give an invalid email add, u cant continue? not sure if it can be applied here though.

with respect to chc, i find some of ur statements above quite contradicting.

2. Competitors don't know what pricing or others who selling similar product. Makes the market more competitive.
i dont see any kind of competition here.

2. Competitors will try to match or sell at a lower price that the seller who put up the pricing, which is the main reason.
this is competition to me. dont the rest of u agree with me?

there are many ways to win ur customers. but no matter what other ways a seller may have, the ultimate factor would be the pricing. so when a seller states a price, it must mean that he is already making a profit at that price. if a seller cant offer the price given by other sellers, it must mean that he/she will have to walk away from the deal. there must be a way for others to be able sell at a lower price.

why is thr at many occasions seller A sells an item for RM500 but seller B sells the exact same item for only RM300? Both are brand new, unused, same features n whatever this and that. everything is the same. when both sellers state their prices, obviously seller B would most likely to close the deal. why? simply because seller A is trying to rip us off. or maybe seller A isnt getting the item at the price seller B is getting. whose fault is that? why the buyers have to bear the additional cost?

bout the RRP, it is the responsibility of the seller to regularly keep track and edit his/her post with the updated price. failing to do so will only lose the customers faith on that seller.

when there is healthy competition, thats when u can use this:
6. Being an ethical seller, the best practice is being polite, friendly, respectful and well mannered to prospective customers. Sometime I get some real nasty callers, in which I decided not to do business with them.
for sure i would buy from a seller who sells at the same price n polite. but if another seller can sell at a cheaper price and is rude, i would still buy from him. price plays the biggest role no matter what. if the price is right, the deal is on.

of course other factors like convenience and shipping charges also play a role. if i m in penang, i will buy from a penang seller if the price is the same. and if i'm in kl, i would buy from a kl seller.

i believe this is an open discussion and thus i'm sharing my views as a buyer. u too have ur rights to share ur view as a seller. i respect that and i'm sure all of us here would respect that. i'm not here debating or whatsoever. pardon me if i used "u". i'm not actually refering to u but to all sellers in general. no1 in particular. no offence. cheers!!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Tom - u put an auto-scripting tool ..whenever seller puts a figure 000 or 0.0 or ZERO ... a pop up windows will come up asking "Are u sure?" .. click YES or NO.. if No, then good lo.. go put actual figures... if YES, then click proceed to download disclaimer form - u include shit loads of malware and virus in that form .. .. kasi kao punya to the fella..

WAHAHHAHAHAHAH
wah this one keluar programming somemore. hahaha. make the field integer only and cannot be 1.
actually.. if its a RULE that they MUST post price.. we can just use the REPORT function and the moderator can close the topic and ban the user.

the community can help out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some of my friends advised me to do engine flushing more often.

Some say its bad to do engine flushing..

BTW engine flushing is normally done by pouring a can of engine flush fluid into the engine and let it run for 5 to 10 minutes before draining the engine oil and replaced it with new engine oil.

So, kindly share your experiences and views on whether engine flushing is good or bad for the engine
and possible the reasons behind it....:idea::driver::listen::hmmmm2:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience